View Single Post
Unread March 3rd, 2013, 09:38 AM

I guess I just figured that it wouldn't hurt to keep the site open a little longer, even if just for the sake of discussing/announcing current events. It seems like, as Blockbuster's performance worsens every month, Dish becomes more and more reluctant to announce news items (case in point: I had to learn of the most recent round of store closures on the forum, and news outlets seemed to learn of it later only as an afterthought). Also, the news organizations report BB news in a very one-sided manner ("According to Dish, the closings are a way to..."), whereas a more reality-based perspective is presented when those developments are discussed here.

I guess that I just didn't think of the notion of continuing the site to be on all that deep of a level -- to me, it's just a case of, "Oh sure, I'll toss in 15 bucks to keep the site running another month." Hey, you know how the saying goes -- if someone else is paying, who's complaining? :-)

I'll throw in $15 for April, if necessary -- I honestly don't think BB can last too much longer.