View Single Post
Unread August 29th, 2007, 03:47 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
Methinks there's more to this story. If this store is truly in the top 10 for rewards sales, and nothing else happened besides this exchange, the manager should have only gotten a write-up.

If this is truly a knee-jerk reaction from BBV top brass, then this sets a dangerous precedent. What if you have an argument with a customer, and then they complain on a public forum and bend the truth. Will you also be fired?

marc
That's what I'm wondering.

Do you recall that 'Manager calls me an idiot and it's on my receipt' debacle?

It's still on Google cahce (but not for long!): http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a

Quote:
oltranzista
December 16th, 2005, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Does anyone known what the link to this newssite is if one wanted to find out what store this happened at? I believe that this happened at a store very close to me. Everyone has been talking about it because the SM has been fired! I found one link: http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000150070336/, that gives the zip code the event occurred in, which is probably confirmation enough, because it matches up. I know this former store manager and the staff at this store!
The only other site I posted this thread on was at www.teamxbox.com. What happened was the other posters from that site took this story and ran with it sending this to other sites like joystiq and digg among others.

I really wasn't planning on getting anyone fired but I thought that the people involved should have been spoken too or given refresher training on reading the system history so other customers don't have to go through the same hassle I did.

FYI: I actually never sent in a formal complaint about this but I did receive a voicemail from the district? manager for Tulsa about it. I returned the call today and left a voicemail with her and told her what times are best to call me.
The manager got fired after that news story was posted, and the customer says here that he never made a formal complaint or even wished for the staff to be fired over it.

Now that, to me, is kind of scary. It does make me think that generating interest online certainly has something to do with it. Even if no-one of much interest picks the story up, someone somewhere will have probably made use of the contact details.