View Single Post
Unread October 31st, 2012, 01:33 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge View Post
I'm not talking dip in additions based on Blockbuster alone. I would say it will be miniscule compared to all sign ups. I'm talking DISH as a whole. If the 2012 report comes out and new subsriptions take a double digit loss even after they aquired BB, then they weren't getting the bang for the buck they were expecting. Especially with stores losing money. The only value is the large selection for streaming, which is cheaper than keeping the stores open. The ROI wouldn't be worth opening new stores if it's not benefiting Dish.
What u are failing to realize is, the amount each subscriber signing up for dish at a blockbuster brings to dish's pockets fiscally. Also, u forget the amount of streaming rights and studio agreements Dish got picking up blockbuster, and considering the amount of stores they closes, I am rather sure they got half if not more than half of the investment back from that.

The whole point is, the store front is needed if and when dish gets the FCC approval on the spectrum, the FCC approves it, the stores change dramatically, and from there they will become profitable in the things they will be newly providing. IF not, then the stores arent worth the bang for the buck.
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.