View Single Post
Unread October 31st, 2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
What u are failing to realize is, the amount each subscriber signing up for dish at a blockbuster brings to dish's pockets fiscally. Also, u forget the amount of streaming rights and studio agreements Dish got picking up blockbuster, and considering the amount of stores they closes, I am rather sure they got half if not more than half of the investment back from that.

The whole point is, the store front is needed if and when dish gets the FCC approval on the spectrum, the FCC approves it, the stores change dramatically, and from there they will become profitable in the things they will be newly providing. IF not, then the stores arent worth the bang for the buck.
I could be wrong, but in the interview he gave the other week, it sounded like Dish was scrapping the plans for the wireless spectrum precisely because the FCC was taking too long to approve their proposal. I think he also mentioned that the chances of it being approved were slim because the FCC had just recently disapproved of another company's similar proposal (the name of the company escapes me).

Even if the FCC decides to approve Dish's wireless spectrum proposal, I don't think it will make much difference since Ergen was talking as if Dish's plans for it had been scrapped entirely (I.e., there is now nothing left to approve).

I think Ergen was honestly implying that Dish couldn't afford to keep losing money by keeping the stores open as they waited for FCC approval, so they finally decided to just scrap the whole idea.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpiceCake For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (October 31st, 2012), inkedangel (November 1st, 2012)