View Single Post
Unread June 19th, 2010, 06:00 PM
IHBB Freak

Regarding the original post, now that I think about it... what does earning three times as much as the poor sap you're yelling at prove? That you're smarter? Not necessarily. Pimps don't go to college much, and they make triple what some CEOs make (figuratively speaking, but yes, pimps actually can be one of the highest paid, albeit illegal, jobs one can have). That you're better? Everyone point at good ol' Out of Touch Keyes.

The one thing that says to me, when paired with a line about "This is what you call customer service?", is "I'm much more willing to kiss ass and suck a little strudel to collect a paycheck."

Back to the off-topic topic at hand, I love movies, not collector's editions. I don't feel I have to prove myself a fan by owning essentially the same movie five times over just to have a bunch of making of featurettes and stuff. Some collectibles are nice, but at the end of the day, I'm not buying a movie to put crap on my shelves. I'm buying a movie to put into a movie player and go to another world for two hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.