I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Archive

Unread February 8th, 2008, 07:01 AM

sooooo glad im not having to deal with blockbuster customers anymore.
Customers, when you think about it, really have a lot in common with zombies. First of all, one by itself is not a problem, it can be dealt with easily. The real threat comes from their ability to overwhelm you with their sheer numbers. They tend not to move very fast, and they don't think for themselves very much
Unread February 8th, 2008, 09:02 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaTurner View Post
Cust: *hands me BB card* Can you see if I have anything outstanding on my account? Like a movie checked out, or a late fee on there?

I've learned to accept that no matter how many times we explain it, our customers will always call a restocking fee a "late fee".

Me: Sure *scans, looks over account* Hmm... Nope. You have nothing checked out and no outstanding balance. You're all good *hands card back*
Cust: Well that's just ridiculous!!
Me: *Thinking he might be kidding* What?
Cust: I returned three movies late, how could I not have a restocking fee??

Are you serious? Dude, I have more important things to worry about than you thinking we UNDERcharged you.

Me: *checks to make sure there's no credit card on file* Well, did you turn it in within the 7-day grace period?
Cust: No! It was like, two weeks or something.
Me: Well... You have xxx listed on your account as well... She may have been in to rent something and paid it then...
Cust: No no, I would have known.
Me: Then maybe one of our employees took it off for her because it was a very old fee.

Please get out. Just get out so I can get back to running the wall, please.

Cust: Well if you can't even keep track of that sort of thing, I'd hate to see how you handle your OTHER business practices!! You better get your act together! *storms out, but not before renting a crapload of new releases*

I'm pretty sure that's the first time a customer has EVER argued with me or any of the other staff at the store for being UNDERCHARGED!!

That's not the first time. I had a guy come in during our franchise days and turn in some movies that weren't due until midnight. He turns them in and begrudgingly admits he has late fees, but upon pulling up his account not only does he not owe us money but he has a credit on his account because he'd rented a Blu-ray without having the appropriate player. We technically owed him a free rental he hadn't claimed yet, but he was furious about money he apparently owed us.

God help me, I'm feeling burnout. We celebrate Mardi Gras in this region, meaning we've been Saturday night-level busy with Monday night level staff for over a week, and I can't tell you how many drunk people I've thrown out and called the cops on this week. Underagers included >
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread February 8th, 2008, 06:48 PM
IHBB GOD

lol, had a customer accuse me tonight of trying to charge her restocking fees always.

2.50? and i tell her the 2 movies, she repeats i heard you but how come its always you that tells me i have charges.

i tell her the grace period and what not, still doesnt belive and repeats her accusation again while line forms. im like finally mam i have no reason to lie to you, i work 2 jobs and i dont have time to cheat you out of 2.50 every time you rent.

she signs her slip in that angry signage we all know and throws pen and receipt back on counter, flips her hair and i mbring her movies to side for her to get.

she storms over like a 13yr old. and customer behind her is like uhh mam you forgot your key. lol

dumb bitch had 20 rents roflmao, yea lady i made maybe $25 bucks off you this month, im making a killin with this scam... too much. fkn freak.
Unread February 11th, 2008, 09:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to Redstar3894
Hi everyone! I've been lurking around for a while and wasn't planning on posting anything for some time, but I felt that something that happened to me today was worthy of IHBB, so here goes...

Middle aged woman with kids approaches my register brandishing two games...

Me: Hi! did you find everything okay today?
Customer: *Grunts and hands over card*
M: *Rings up games* That will be $15.98
C: I Thought I got those free today...because i have that thing...?
M: Well, you haven't rented enough this month to have earned a free rental with your Rewards membership
C: I know that, but I brought two games back today...
(My SAM is doing transfers next to me and having heard this...)
SAM: Were you thinking of the Game Pass? (Proceeds to explain Game Pass to Customer)
C: No, I don't think we have that...(falls silent)
M: *checks history* (Sure enough, they had 2 other games checked back in about 45 minutes ago) *explains this to customer*
C: I thought that because i brought them back two days early that I would get the next ones free for bringing them back on time?
M: I don't believe that blockbuster has ever used that policy for rentals...
C: No, last time I was here, they said that if I brought these back early I would get the next ones free...
SAM: Well, maybe in a perfect world that would happen ma'am, but you're going to have to pay for these now
C: *Thrusts Money over the Counter*
M: And have a good night!
C: Yeah, whatever

After she left, we couldn't really piece together how this woman thought that she could get free rentals for bringing something back EARLY ...and she came back about an hour later with a different set of kids and rented 2 more games...It's not that she was irate or anything, it was just one of those really surreal experiences...

Okay, that's all, hope I sounded coherent there, I'm still trying to get the hang of this posting thing so I can hopefully get started off on the right foot here...

Last edited by Redstar3894; February 11th, 2008 at 09:44 PM.
Unread February 12th, 2008, 01:52 PM

So as I'm putting out movies last night just before close, a trio of teenagers walks in.
The lone female is being rather loud and obnoxious.
So as I'm working on We Own the Night and I hear the young lady drop an f-bomb.
I ignore it, I'll let it slide this once.
Cust: Oh, let's get this movie, it's so fucking funny!
Me: Watch your language.
Cust: Is that guy fucking serious?
*Her friend doesn't respond*
Me: Yes, I am. (in a very stern tone of voice)
Cust: Well fuck this! I hate this fucking place. Never have what I fucking want. (She storms out the door with one of her friends.)
I walk towards the front to ensure they leave.
The last friend, still browsing, clearly the one who wanted a movie, decides to follow after them.
Cust2: Sorry about that...
Me: It's okay, just don't come back again. (in a very stern tone of voice)

And off they went, hopefully never to come back again.
This is the second group of teenagers I've had to kick out at closing in a few days.
The ones earlier were taking forever when they had "2 minutes" until close.
They keep browsing, I lock the front door, a couple minutes later they're buddy come up pounding on the door/window.
I look at him, tell him we're closed, and go away.
I'm not sure how others are, but when I lock the front door, it means no one else comes into the store.
So as you can understand, when he pries open the exit door and comes in, I'm pissed.
Me: Get out! We're closed.
Cust: No, it's cool, I'm with my fri-
Me: No, it's not, now get out of my store.
Browsing guy: Why can't he-
Me: You can get out too. You're obviously not getting anything and I told you we were closing, now go.
Browsing guy leaves trailing a string of obscenities.

I hate it when douche bags waste my time.
Unread February 12th, 2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobedrummer View Post
So as I'm putting out movies last night just before close, a trio of teenagers walks in.
The lone female is being rather loud and obnoxious.
So as I'm working on We Own the Night and I hear the young lady drop an f-bomb.
I ignore it, I'll let it slide this once.
Cust: Oh, let's get this movie, it's so fucking funny!
Me: Watch your language.
Cust: Is that guy fucking serious?
*Her friend doesn't respond*
Me: Yes, I am. (in a very stern tone of voice)
Cust: Well fuck this! I hate this fucking place. Never have what I fucking want. (She storms out the door with one of her friends.)
I walk towards the front to ensure they leave.
The last friend, still browsing, clearly the one who wanted a movie, decides to follow after them.
Cust2: Sorry about that...
Me: It's okay, just don't come back again. (in a very stern tone of voice)

And off they went, hopefully never to come back again.
This is the second group of teenagers I've had to kick out at closing in a few days.
The ones earlier were taking forever when they had "2 minutes" until close.
They keep browsing, I lock the front door, a couple minutes later they're buddy come up pounding on the door/window.
I look at him, tell him we're closed, and go away.
I'm not sure how others are, but when I lock the front door, it means no one else comes into the store.
So as you can understand, when he pries open the exit door and comes in, I'm pissed.
Me: Get out! We're closed.
Cust: No, it's cool, I'm with my fri-
Me: No, it's not, now get out of my store.
Browsing guy: Why can't he-
Me: You can get out too. You're obviously not getting anything and I told you we were closing, now go.
Browsing guy leaves trailing a string of obscenities.

I hate it when douche bags waste my time.
Who do you think you are? Jimmy Keyes himself? Neither of those customers did anything really wrong during their visits, especially the guys at the end. Just because you can be an ass doesn't mean you should be.

No wonder so many customers have poor opinions of our company. People like you are not what this company needs.
Unread February 12th, 2008, 02:44 PM

Neither were going to spend any money.
The first group left when I told them I wouldn't stand for foul language in my store.
The second group were being douche bags throughout the store and I didn't need them hanging out or having to clean up after them.
Unread February 12th, 2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Neither were going to spend any money.
The first group left when I told them I wouldn't stand for foul language in my store.
The second group were being douche bags throughout the store and I didn't need them hanging out or having to clean up after them.
Boy it must be nice being phsycic. You don't know what they were going to do. You were being uptight and you just didn't want to do your job properly by helping your customers. Damn glad you aren't one of my employees or I would have to spend time looking for your replacement.
Unread February 12th, 2008, 03:01 PM

Come on now, I think you're being a bit obtuse.
I'm sure you've helped enough customers to be able to determine those who are going to spend money,
and those who are going to drive other customers away through their actions.
Now, I can't speak for the environment that you keep in your store,
but we don't stand for loud, abusive, foul-mouthed patrons.
Unread February 12th, 2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Come on now, I think you're being a bit obtuse.
I'm sure you've helped enough customers to be able to determine those who are going to spend money,
and those who are going to drive other customers away through their actions.
Now, I can't speak for the environment that you keep in your store,
but we don't stand for loud, abusive, foul-mouthed patrons.
YOU cannot determine when someone is going to purchase something or not. People don't walk into a store normally to just walk around. You throwing the last guy out for asking why his friend couldn't come in was ridiculous and poor service.

The girls on the other hand, while you were right to ask them not to use foul language, you could have handled that differently through I am sure your tone of voice and actions. You drove away that customer with intolerance and most likely a poor attitude from your description. People do not always conform to what you want and you need to be a bit more lax in some things. As for my store, we typically do not have any problems with foul language. The one time I have heard a customer use foul language, I politely asked him not to because of the children in the store. He apologized and promised he would try harder. But then again, this is the south and people seem to be a bit more lax and understanding then some areas.

I am honestly dissappointed in your story. You used poor judgement in my opinion and I would have reprimanded you if not let you go for driving away customers. My ASM (sorry Sales ASM) would have gone balistic over it. You do not treat customers negatively and without respect.

A little lenghty for what I wanted to say but hey when I start, I keep going.