I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 22nd, 2010, 02:56 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnomaly View Post
I just hate how they call our ondemand service "streaming." That's not streaming. That's download. (Even if you can play while you download, it's still download.)

Thanks for playing.
I agree to an extent..but if it was streaming..they couldnt get half the movies for 2-7 years..all thats on there is old movies and tv shows..by the way i tried netflix streaming...they might throw an occasional movie on there early if they have a deal with studio..but most of its old..so i wouldnt call that streaming netflix has superior at all..
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread November 22nd, 2010, 09:08 PM

Its about time these get posted! Someone please upload the newest one
Unread November 22nd, 2010, 11:08 PM

alright guys, here's video #4. This is the video that was almost missed, now that it's Tuesday I believe a new one is up, so I'll need that one as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldAL5XCiU00

Quality isn't the best, but uploader was in a hurry to get it before it disappeared. Still completely audible and viewable for your enjoyment. Thanks anonymous for getting it in at the last minute

Just a heads up to any future MOTW senders. You can upload the video yourself to youtube, and I can rip the video straight off youtube myself and upload it onto my youtube account for anonymity. Just make sure you make the video UNLISTED when you post it so people can't search for it or see it as "suggested" when viewing other MOTWs!

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.

Last edited by itirnitii; November 22nd, 2010 at 11:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to itirnitii For This Useful Post:
BBVSlave (November 22nd, 2010)
Unread November 22nd, 2010, 11:42 PM

"The number 1 brick and mortar chain in the world"....that just filed BK and has not given its employees a simple fucking raise in 3 years.
Unread November 23rd, 2010, 04:26 AM
IHBB GOD

hmm no this video isn't the newest one. hmm... wonder what's going on? this video looks quite old. in fact, i believe it's the first video in the "Blockbuster Way" series.

the newest vid focuses on the new rental terms. there is a store with employees telling customers about the new price changes.

=3
Unread November 23rd, 2010, 05:33 AM

The only thing that could save Blockbuster now is a time machine, to send those idiots back to 1985, where their products and stores would still be a novelty. Right now they're just a huge joke!!! Give it up, corporate a-holes, and get ready for your next job. When anyone looks at your previous work, namely shoveling shit for the last five years, the only job offer you'll get is as a port-o-potty cleaner!!!
Unread November 23rd, 2010, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
I agree to an extent..but if it was streaming..they couldnt get half the movies for 2-7 years..all thats on there is old movies and tv shows..by the way i tried netflix streaming...they might throw an occasional movie on there early if they have a deal with studio..but most of its old..so i wouldnt call that streaming netflix has superior at all..
There are a LOT of movies on Netflix streaming on the release date - yes, smaller titles, but for example that "Letters to God" movie was on there the day we released it. Yeah, it might be a crappy "middle section" (of the wall) movie, but it was still there. Law Abiding Citizen and Zombieland were on streaming less than 6 months from release date... plus Netflix just made it to where you can have a streaming only plan - $7.99 .... It has completely replaced cable in our house and if I didn't work at BB, I wouldn't care about new released save for a random one or two that I would get at Redbox.
Unread November 23rd, 2010, 07:57 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by omg_bbv View Post
There are a LOT of movies on Netflix streaming on the release date - yes, smaller titles, but for example that "Letters to God" movie was on there the day we released it. Yeah, it might be a crappy "middle section" (of the wall) movie, but it was still there. Law Abiding Citizen and Zombieland were on streaming less than 6 months from release date... plus Netflix just made it to where you can have a streaming only plan - $7.99 .... It has completely replaced cable in our house and if I didn't work at BB, I wouldn't care about new released save for a random one or two that I would get at Redbox.
all i am saying is i dont see the big hype..the price point is nice...and of course directly to ur tv is nice..but besides that it sucks in comparison to the mail services..or even on demand
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread November 23rd, 2010, 10:45 AM
IHBB GOD

i enjoy the selection on instant way more than the DVD selection to be quite honest.

i am discovering awesome movies on instant all the time. two of my favorite directors' films hit Netflix Instant way before the stores get it, and in most cases, Blockbuster doesn't get them at all.

apart from that, you can literally think of a film that you once watched ages ago, look it up on Netflix, and most of the time it will be available for instant streaming.

customers come to Blockbuster, a movie rental store, and can't find jack shit that didn't win award and is older than 8 years old.

=3
Unread November 23rd, 2010, 02:08 PM
IHBB GOD

The 5 points of the Hot head way.

1) Your my new shoe representitive.
2) Measure my shoe size
3) Ask if I need anything the first time.
4) Then ask if that will be all today. And you say I am missing the 5th point of the blockbuster way
5)I almost forgot now I will shove my foot up your ass.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.