I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 13th, 2011, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBStoreMgr112233 View Post
Pretty sad when someone makes something like that up just to get a rise out of a bunch of disgruntled people. Ever hear of karma?
What a fucking cunt you are....
The Following User Says Thank You to MaximusX7 For This Useful Post:
Aphrodite (January 13th, 2011)
Unread January 13th, 2011, 04:32 AM

I understand the need to allow the family to make the choice, but we need his story to help us all in this company. His death should be blamed on the company, and I hope they seek legal action.

Corporate cannot be allowed to tell you to go to work if conditions are that bad. All it would take is to close early on that day, and this kid would likely be alive.

I am telling customers about this situation and what happened to this kid. I want the people who come into my store to know how corporate thinks of us. Like it or not, we're not people to them, we are numbers.

They see us in the form of labor hours, and sales tracking. Simply put, they have never cared, and this should be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

This kid's tragic death should be brought to the people, so that his death won't be in vain. It's a damn shame that it takes tragedy to change things.

God help this kid's family, and let his family know that we at the store level stand firmly behind them.
Unread January 13th, 2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenigerian View Post
If this is in relation to my post, you should be ashamed.

On second thought -- go fuck yourself.

If you really want to know more about him, he was a seasonal employee who joined the company in early January. He was 18 years old and was going to graduate high school in June. Not like it's any of your damn business.
It was most definitely in reference to you. Why don't you share with us all the news article about the death of an 18 year old in a car accident. I've looked and simply can't find one. Surely there would be some local article about such a terrible accident.

In your first post you said "up here", a reference most people would use in relation to the north. This storm was in the south and had not yet reached the north.

I think you are a lying deeply disturbed individiual who is sick in the head to make up such a story. You recently posted your store is closing. I think you are simply lashing out and I personally think using something as serious as death is a very sick way to do it.

I lost my Grandfather on Dec 27th. A man that was the picture of good health prior to falling ill with pneumonia in early December. He walked a couple miles every day. He went into the hospital in early Dec for what we all expected to be for just a few days and a little over 3 weeks later, he was dead.

I know what it is like to lose someone unexpectedly and I find it sick that you would make up such a story. But should I be surprised when it comes from a poster who once posted, "I raped your family. Remember me? I'm back."? Probably not, but it irrates me just the same.

http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/foru...105#post302105

So until you can offer some type of proof of your story, I think you are nothing but a liar. Prove me wrong and I'll gladly post a public apology and recant every word that I have said.
Unread January 13th, 2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
It was most definitely in reference to you. Why don't you share with us all the news article about the death of an 18 year old in a car accident. I've looked and simply can't find one. Surely there would be some local article about such a terrible accident.

In your first post you said "up here", a reference most people would use in relation to the north. This storm was in the south and had not yet reached the north.

I think you are a lying deeply disturbed individiual who is sick in the head to make up such a story. You recently posted your store is closing. I think you are simply lashing out and I personally think using something as serious as death is a very sick way to do it.

I lost my Grandfather on Dec 27th. A man that was the picture of good health prior to falling ill with pneumonia in early December. He walked a couple miles every day. He went into the hospital in early Dec for what we all expected to be for just a few days and a little over 3 weeks later, he was dead.

I know what it is like to lose someone unexpectedly and I find it sick that you would make up such a story. But should I be surprised when it comes from a poster who once posted, "I raped your family. Remember me? I'm back."? Probably not, but it irrates me just the same.

So until you can offer some type of proof of your story, I think you are nothing but a liar. Prove me wrong and I'll gladly post a public apology and recant every word that I have said.
It's called giving someone the benefit of a doubt. It sounds like this is still a fairly new situation, and news stories usually wait a bit before releasing a lot of information.

Beyond that, the guy hasn't given a specific location and car accidents happen all the damn time. There is no way to pin point this unless the guy tells you his location. I don't think he will do so at this time because of the families wishes.

"Up here" could mean a lot of things. Could mean North Atlanta, or North Carolina. Who knows honestly?

Even so, the storm moved up the eastern seaboard and produced quite a storm for everyone in the northeast.

I believe this because it is very plausible. A young kid was driving in a storm and lost control of his vehicle. It happens all the time. No one needs to hear an apology from you because it would obviously not mean a God damn thing.

You have already made your decision and no small patronizing apology will undo that. Learn the difference between when one is having fun with a post and when one is making a serious one.

Bottom line, the kid shouldn't have been driving during those conditions and all that had to be done to save his life was allow them to close the store in preparation of the storm. Being cautious saves lives which means a hell of a lot more then making a dollar.
The Following User Says Thank You to Freemason220 For This Useful Post:
Thenigerian (January 13th, 2011)
Unread January 13th, 2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:

Freemason said pretty much what I wanted to say in return to this display of lunacy, Mr. Words-On-A-Screen. If you want to drag us into a pity party through the death of your grandfather, that is on your own accord. Maybe this is proof you need time away from the computer. Go outside! Breathe the fresh air. Being a forum troll won't bring pop-pop back.

There is no reason for you to go all Columbo on us trying to analyze my post. There is a local article about this boy, but if you have been on this forum for a while, anonymity is key to your survival. Yes, I mentioned that one of our CSRs passed away, but am I using the correct pronoun to identify this person? Yes, I said that my store is closing, but did I mention which one or in what area?

The only conclusion to my recent posts (and yes, stop digging into my posts from almost two years ago to support a sophomoric pseudo-gut feeling you have about my personality and my location) is that I am one of the four managers of a store that is mourning the closing of our store and the passing of a young person who died while driving home from working for our company. If you want to read into this more, I think YOU are the one who needs their head examined. Don't dig in places in hopes to find credibility on my posts.

If I wanted to shut you up entirely, yes I would post the kid's obituary, but like I said in my previous posts (given proof to all of us that you have read them) that I am leaving this all up to the family. I believe we could cause Hell in sending this to the press, and shedding light to the corporate policies in a public press was my original intent, but I gave that choice to the CSR's family who is ultimately responsible for this person.

As for me being upset about losing my Blockbuster job, look around the website -- should any of us be upset for losing a job we complain about all the time? If it is any of your business, I received another job this afternoon teaching at a community college for this semester. Once I am finished with that in May, I will stop working together and finish graduate school pursuits of a doctorate degree. People post here outside of their personalities as a release of their necessary norms and desired expectations. But damn -- how would I know? I'm only getting a doctorate degree from UPenn in this shit.

(Bonus points if you realized my PhD will be in Psychology)
Unread January 14th, 2011, 09:57 AM

Nothing else to say? Do you think it was a coincidence that the day after this incident that CSRs are no longer alllowed to leave the store until they are clocked out for the day? Believe me now, troll?
Unread January 14th, 2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenigerian View Post
Nothing else to say? Do you think it was a coincidence that the day after this incident that CSRs are no longer alllowed to leave the store until they are clocked out for the day? Believe me now, troll?
LOL! This is a policy in any company. Common sense to me. If you are done with work you punch out. And I received no such communication the day after this alleged incident.

Until you show me the proof, I don't believe a word you have said. All you have to do is provide the link to the local news article.

You claim you have not done so out of respect for the family but a news article is public information. You wouldn't be violating their privacy or anything else by sharing it. It is already out there if indeed this happened.

Make up all the excuses you want, but until you post the proof, I view you as a low life who makes light of serious situations to serve your own agenda. And until such proof is shown, you are right, I have nothing else to say.

You dug your own hole. The only way out of it now is to prove you are telling the truth. Lets have the link. Until then, I'll believe what I believe and the others who read this forum can make their own minds up.
Unread January 14th, 2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
LOL! This is a policy in any company. Common sense to me. If you are done with work you punch out. And I received no such communication the day after this alleged incident.

Until you show me the proof, I don't believe a word you have said. All you have to do is provide the link to the local news article.

You claim you have not done so out of respect for the family but a news article is public information. You wouldn't be violating their privacy or anything else by sharing it. It is already out there if indeed this happened.

Make up all the excuses you want, but until you post the proof, I view you as a low life who makes light of serious situations to serve your own agenda. And until such proof is shown, you are right, I have nothing else to say.

You dug your own hole. The only way out of it now is to prove you are telling the truth. Lets have the link. Until then, I'll believe what I believe and the others who read this forum can make their own minds up.
Yes, the other members of this forum can make up their minds -- that you are a tool bag. Looking at YOUR history, all you do is troll this forum since you joined less than five months ago.

Can someone ban this asshole?
Unread January 14th, 2011, 02:19 PM
IHBB GOD

I don't think Chris will ban him for his arrogant post. Although we can just ignore the idiot.
Hey HOTHEAD what do you say about this guy?
The top Poster!
The Following User Says Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (January 16th, 2011)
Unread January 14th, 2011, 04:37 PM
IHBB Freak

Hmmmm. Something about this has been nagging at me. Something just isn't quite right. What could it be?

Oh. That's right. This.
Quote:
This will be my last post here. You do win. Ignorance is something that can't be overcome. You guys can have your pity party.
Now, as to whether or not the story is true, I have no idea. But regardless, the point is valid. It's stupid to endanger the safety of both employees and customers by being open when weather conditions are severe.

What I do know is that in October, BBStore performed one of those drama queen "I'm leaving and I'm never coming back" exits.
Congratulations. You made it 3 whole months before going back on your word. Perhaps this isn't the strongest position to attack someone else's credibility from.

If you find the level of discourse here beneath your lofty standards, then you are certainly free to seek greener pastures elsewhere. It's a big internet.
AdjectiveZord (January 15th, 2011), almondSM (January 14th, 2011), itirnitii (January 15th, 2011), lucky me (January 14th, 2011), zooworker (January 14th, 2011)