I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 18th, 2007, 07:18 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloItsMeMOM View Post
I would give him the credit because he probably forgot they he had them because more than likely the kids hid them somewhere ... and I would credit off alot of it because it is good customer service. By crediting off that amount he will tell all his friends how well he was treated by the staff at his BB ... and his wife will tell her friends, and so on....

But then, BB mentality is not the same as that of an indy. To me it would be about building a longterm customer ... that is why I still have people asking when I am gonna open again .. and I have been closed for many years.

Of course, your views may be different.

MOM
lol yes very different. Doing that isnt condusive to longevity. Hes got the stores product, they lost months of potential revenue. Business's are in it to make money, you have to balance customer service. When you go to the other extreme you can end up with no business left.

Some guy above had what I thought was a pretty reasonable idea. Cancel the pass and let em auto sell. I'd probably run it by the DM first though, just so I wouldnt be the last line of communication.
Unread November 18th, 2007, 07:33 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloItsMeMOM View Post
I would give him the credit because he probably forgot they he had them because more than likely the kids hid them somewhere ... and I would credit off alot of it because it is good customer service. By crediting off that amount he will tell all his friends how well he was treated by the staff at his BB ... and his wife will tell her friends, and so on....

But then, BB mentality is not the same as that of an indy. To me it would be about building a longterm customer ... that is why I still have people asking when I am gonna open again .. and I have been closed for many years.

Of course, your views may be different.

MOM
the only problem with that MOM, is the way our system is set up, if we credited back 29.99 x at least 9 months back of movie pass thats $269.91 bucks. As a SM i am not willing to give that money up. In some cases, thats an entire days revenue for my store. My DM's policy on this issue is, she will give one month back. anything after that is the customer's responsibility to check thier credit card statements.

and like BBVcasual said, they have had our product for the same 9 months, thats loss of revenue. granted, its not worth 269.91 but, its still revenue.

all the non-blockbuster people say "just credit it off"...what you dont get, is those kinds of credits hurt us. it comes right off our daily revenue.

(does anyone remember renting the ps2's and having to do a 200.00 refund before noon when it was returned??? ugh)

in the essence of good customer service, in that situation, we try to do the best we can, but the customer does have to accpet a certian level of liablilty.
Unread November 18th, 2007, 07:52 PM
IHBB GOD

We had a game checked out on a game pass for 18 months. What we finally did was cancell his pass and credit the copy of the game by doing a lostckin. Then put comments on the account and just waited. He never came back in.
Some people never check their CC statments I guess.
The top Poster!
Unread November 18th, 2007, 07:58 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
We had a game checked out on a game pass for 18 months. What we finally did was cancell his pass and credit the copy of the game by doing a lostckin. Then put comments on the account and just waited. He never came back in.
financial independence must be a great feeling.
Unread November 18th, 2007, 08:01 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
idk, i just have a problem with doing things to customer's accounts without their permission. just feels wrong to me.

and yeah, i would love to have the financial freedom to not have to read my CC statements.
Unread November 18th, 2007, 08:15 PM

Anyone else notice on the autocharge report at the very end, it has a place for movie pass customers that have gone inactive. I don't know how long they have been on there but I just noticed Thursday. I brought up all 3 accounts and they were all ADD's that still had a movie pass. Computer support says that we should bring up the account and cancel the pass. They haven't been charged since going inactive b/c the account wasn't in the system to charge to credit card.
Unread November 18th, 2007, 09:14 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air View Post
I had a customer come up to me today asking about Iron Giant.

Customer: Hey, I've been in here for about a month now looking for Iron Giant. Do you have any copies left? I never see it available...
Me: Ok, let's look it up.
*searches for Iron Giant*
Me: Yeah, it's still checked out. Hopefully it'll be back soon though, it was checked out on...
*presses PF2*
Me: April 29th.. wait a second..

Long story short, the guy who has it out has the Movie Pass and pretty much stopped account activity since August. Yes, for months after still having these movies on Movie Pass, he still rented just as normally.

This guy has paid $150-$200 this year to keep out a random Dora movie and the Iron Giant. Would you call this account to remind him that he still has the Movie Pass? If so, would you give a massive credit for him 'forgetting' about it even if he still has the movies out or basically take a 'I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do' approach?
I don't call any customers to "remind" them about something. Frankly, it's more money coming into your store, anyway. The other customer wanting to spend five bucks for Iron Giant will get over it...you've got another customer paying $30 a month for it
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread November 18th, 2007, 09:17 PM
IHBB GOD

Carrie Underwood, Reese Witherspoon, Katherine Heigl, quite a few others.

It did say "what would you do", hope I answered it right.
Unread November 18th, 2007, 09:22 PM
IHBB GOD

At my store we check the credit charge report (I forgot its actual name, it is the one where you write down all the visa/mc/dc/amex charges in a column on the daily sheet in the blue book). Anyway, we check that daily for pass renewals, and pull up each account to make sure that they are using the pass. If they aren't, then we put a warning on it for the first month, and when it charges again the next month with still no usage we cancel it. Same thing for those that have only two movies out for a couple of months.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread November 18th, 2007, 09:24 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter View Post
Carrie Underwood, Reese Witherspoon, Katherine Heigl, quite a few others.

It did say "what would you do", hope I answered it right.
What are you talking about?

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.