I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 3rd, 2011, 08:00 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBStoreMgr112233 View Post
The company put a stop to this though because they were afraid that it was turning away customers who only wanted movies and not the bundle
BLASPHEME!!! There is no such character known in the corporate Blockbuster universe. EVERY customer who walks in the door wants a bundle!
Unread April 3rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:

Secondly, I don't see anything deceptive about the promotion.
Shut the fuck up. Keep your comments to the people that don't see through double vision.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (April 3rd, 2011)
Unread April 3rd, 2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Shut the fuck up. Keep your comments to the people that don't see through double vision.
Is it just me or does anyone else imagine that Hothead is some 20 something 5 foot 4 inch 140 lb pimple faced geek sitting at his computer wearing some super hero costume his mom bought him when he was 10 while living out his tough guy fantasies online? And that car he's referenced several times is some model car he and his dad put together when he was 6. I bet he never even worked at Blockbuster since he finds it difficult to leave his basement hideway of parents house. He probably just stumbled across this forum one day while browsing for the latest super hero films.
Unread April 3rd, 2011, 10:20 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Is it just me or does anyone else imagine that Hothead is some 20 something 5 foot 4 inch 140 lb pimple faced geek sitting at his computer wearing some super hero costume his mom bought him when he was 10 while living out his tough guy fantasies online? And that car he's referenced several times is some model car he and his dad put together when he was 6. I bet he never even worked at Blockbuster since he finds it difficult to leave his basement hideway of parents house. He probably just stumbled across this forum one day while browsing for the latest super hero films.
I can not get into specifics on my car only that it is an ls7 + pro charged. It honestly seems that your talking about yourself. These allegations that you make will reveal who I am if I defended myself.

Its me ASM69 is the only person that saw my car on this forum. I do not need it posted for the whole world to see. I can send you a picture of it but i would want something in return.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Last edited by Hot Head; April 3rd, 2011 at 10:58 AM.
Unread April 3rd, 2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
absolutely, these are deceptive practices, and danny got to it before me as well. How is blockbuster supposed to bundle together 2 stand alone promotions? They can and do, but if they are going to do it correctly they need to give the candy soda popcorn for FREE! And charge the 20 bucks + tax for the prp bundle. But in order to do that, they have to either have a barcode to remove the price of the candy or do credits.....that in turn would give them their bundle #s but where is the profit? They can't make any money that way, so they say hey decieve the customer into thinking they are getting a good deal when in reality they arent. And if customers knew they could purchase a prp bundle for the reg price of 2 or 4 for $20 w/o the (free) candy bundle, all they have to do is look around at the existing signage they could put 2 and 2 together and realize what we are doing.

And why is it so hard to admit bb is deceptive? Everyone knows it. Name calling is so juvenile.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to its_me_ASM69 For This Useful Post:
BBW[BlockBusterWorker] (April 3rd, 2011), Hot Head (April 3rd, 2011)
Unread April 3rd, 2011, 10:48 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_me_ASM69 View Post
absolutely, these are deceptive practices, and danny got to it before me as well. How is blockbuster supposed to bundle together 2 stand alone promotions? They can and do, but if they are going to do it correctly they need to give the candy soda popcorn for FREE! And charge the 20 bucks + tax for the prp bundle. But in order to do that, they have to either have a barcode to remove the price of the candy or do credits.....that in turn would give them their bundle #s but where is the profit? They can't make any money that way, so they say hey decieve the customer into thinking they are getting a good deal when in reality they arent. And if customers knew they could purchase a prp bundle for the reg price of 2 or 4 for $20 w/o the (free) candy bundle, all they have to do is look around at the existing signage they could put 2 and 2 together and realize what we are doing.

And why is it so hard to admit bb is deceptive? Everyone knows it. Name calling is so juvenile.

I heard bbstoremng111111222326565 is jealous of my car.

It takes bbstoremng11122233333 hours to respond to a post.

Last edited by Hot Head; April 3rd, 2011 at 10:56 AM.
Unread April 3rd, 2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_me_ASM69 View Post

There is nothing deceptive about any company combining what is normally two seperate promotions into one and advertising it as one promotion. They can sell their products any way they want. If it had the proper signage, and was advertised as 2 for $23, as the original poster stated it was, then she/he was well aware of the cost when she made her choice to purchase.

Now if it was advertised as 2 for $20 and then the customer was told it was really 2 for $23 and they had to get a bundle or if they could only get the 2 for $20 price if they also purchased a $3 bundle, then that would have been deceptive. The original poster was clear that what she/he was expecting to pay was clearly marked. If it is clearly marked, how is the customer being deceived?

And yes, poking fun at someone who is only capable of repeating the same two words in every post is extremely juvenile. I apologize.
Unread April 3rd, 2011, 11:05 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
There is nothing deceptive about any company combining what is normally two seperate promotions into one and advertising it as one promotion. They can sell their products any way they want. If it had the proper signage, and was advertised as 2 for $23, as the original poster stated it was, then she/he was well aware of the cost when she made her choice to purchase.

Now if it was advertised as 2 for $20 and then the customer was told it was really 2 for $23 and they had to get a bundle or if they could only get the 2 for $20 price if they also purchased a $3 bundle, then that would have been deceptive. The original poster was clear that what she/he was expecting to pay was clearly marked. If it is clearly marked, how is the customer being deceived?

And yes, poking fun at someone who is only capable of repeating the same two words in every post is extremely juvenile. I apologize.
Suck on this here is the law for deception.

Generally deception is the act of causing one to believe information that is not true or an untruth or not the whole truth. The Federal Trade Commission will find an act or practice deceptive if there is a misrepresentation, omission, or other practice that misleads the consumer acting reasonably in the circumstances, to the consumer's detriment.
Example of a State Statute ( Indiana) on Deception
In Indiana, Burns Ind. Code Ann. § 35-43-5-3, makes deception or criminal deception a Class A misdemeanor.
The relevant law as it appears in the statute
Burns Ind. Code Ann. § 35-43-5-3. Deception.
(a) A person who:
(1) being an officer, manager, or other person participating in the direction of a credit institution, knowingly or intentionally receives or permits the receipt of a deposit or other investment, knowing that the institution is insolvent;
(2) knowingly or intentionally makes a false or misleading written statement with intent to obtain property, employment, or an educational opportunity;
(3) misapplies entrusted property, property of a governmental entity, or property of a credit institution in a manner that the person knows is unlawful or that the person knows involves substantial risk of loss or detriment to either the owner of the property or to a person for whose benefit the property was entrusted;
(4) knowingly or intentionally, in the regular course of business, either:
(A) uses or possesses for use a false weight or measure or other device for falsely determining or recording the quality or quantity of any commodity; or
(B) sells, offers, or displays for sale or delivers less than the represented quality or quantity of any commodity;
(5) with intent to defraud another person furnishing electricity, gas, water, telecommunication, or any other utility service, avoids a lawful charge for that service by scheme or device or by tampering with facilities or equipment of the person furnishing the service;
(6) with intent to defraud, misrepresents the identity of the person or another person or the identity or quality of property;
(7) with intent to defraud an owner of a coin machine, deposits a slug in that machine;
(8) with intent to enable the person or another person to deposit a slug in a coin machine, makes, possesses, or disposes of a slug;
(9) disseminates to the public an advertisement that the person knows is false, misleading, or deceptive, with intent to promote the purchase or sale of property or the acceptance of employment;
(10) with intent to defraud, misrepresents a person as being a physician licensed under IC 25-22.5; or
(11) knowingly and intentionally defrauds another person furnishing cable TV service by avoiding paying compensation for that service by any scheme or device or by tampering with facilities or equipment of the person furnishing the service;
commits deception, a Class A misdemeanor.
(b) In determining whether an advertisement is false, misleading, or deceptive under subsection (a) (9), there shall be considered, among other things, not only representations contained or suggested in the advertisement, by whatever means, including device or sound, but also the extent to which the advertisement fails to reveal material facts in the light of the representations.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/d/deception/

Unread April 3rd, 2011, 11:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to BBW[BlockBusterWorker] Send a message via Skype™ to BBW[BlockBusterWorker]
Quote:
Name calling? Really? Is this what it comes down to? What are you 5?

Who cares what Hot Head looks like or what he drives? (except for LP moles and Hot Head himself)

While it IS true that most stores do use deceptive practices to sell their products it is NOT the intention of corporate HOWEVER it is due to the fear DM's, RDO's and Corporate instill upon employees WHICH makes them engage in such practices.

Please join me in converting all your copies of the Riddick Trilogy as so.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BBW[BlockBusterWorker] For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (April 3rd, 2011), Hot Head (April 3rd, 2011), wheresmikey (April 3rd, 2011)
Unread April 3rd, 2011, 11:20 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBW[BlockBusterWorker] View Post
Name calling? Really? Is this what it comes down to? What are you 5?

Who cares what Hot Head looks like or what he drives? (except for LP moles and Hot Head himself)

While it IS true that most stores do use deceptive practices to sell their products it is NOT the intention of corporate HOWEVER it is due to the fear DM's, RDO's and Corporate instill upon employees WHICH makes them engage in such practices.
I can vouch I used deceptive practices. I would rather be deceptive then jobless at the time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (April 3rd, 2011)