I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 6th, 2007, 04:04 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to blondie2776
well what if you called me to pay your balence over the phone, and you give me your cc number. now i have your cc number and i call my friend who works at walmart. all she would have to do is manually type your cc number in her system and i wouldnt need to buy toilet paper for a year.
Unread September 6th, 2007, 04:07 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie2776 View Post
well what if you called me to pay your balence over the phone, and you give me your cc number. now i have your cc number and i call my friend who works at walmart. all she would have to do is manually type your cc number in her system and i wouldnt need to buy toilet paper for a year.
Okay, Okay...

But I still don't see how it affects Blockbuster, though... isn't it just as much of a risk of that happening as CSRs copying credit/debit card numbers from application forms?
Unread September 6th, 2007, 04:08 PM
IHBB GOD

or say i have a 200 dollar balence on my bbv account. i just got home from work and on my way home i stole someone purse. well i figure that i will call bbv and pay my balence with this stolen cc number.
Unread September 6th, 2007, 04:13 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHailstorm View Post
Okay, Okay...

But I still don't see how it affects Blockbuster, though... isn't it just as much of a risk of that happening as CSRs copying credit/debit card numbers from application forms?
because bbv doesnt want to pay legal fees for people suing them for us taking stolen cc numbers.

im not disagreeing with you, i know where your coming from girly!!
Unread September 6th, 2007, 04:16 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie2776 View Post
im not disagreeing with you, i know where your coming from girly!!

Unread September 6th, 2007, 04:16 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantheman View Post
So a couple of days ago I had a customer come in wanting to rent, and he had an ICV block for roughly $60. As I always do, I asked if he'd like to pay it, and he decided that's what he wanted to do.

So, I called the other store which is in our neighboring district, and first talked to what i'm guessing was a CSR. When I tell him about the balance transfer, he goes, "Uhh...uhhh...hang on" and puts me on hold. About a minute later, the SM picks up and says "Yeah, i'm not transfering sixty bucks. That'll kill my credits."

Now, I may be completely wrong, but I could have sworn i've read in at LEAST one communications update that transfering balances, regardless of the amount, is mandatory upon a customers request. I tried telling the SM that, and he said "that's not true".

I understand that transfering large balances to another store gives your store the shitty end of the stick, and a while back, I was even against it, but isn't this corporate policy?

you are correct sir. no matter the dollar amount you have to do a RETAIL overring credit to take off the balance. note it in your credit log (if you use one), voice mail the DM and let them know that your credits are going to have a spike because of the payment at another store. Finance will back that credit out at the end of the period and transfer the dollar amount to the right store.

tell the customer to hang on to the reciept as proof of payment and be done with it.

i get the not wanting to do the credit thing, because yeah, it sucks. but thems the breaks.
Unread September 6th, 2007, 04:19 PM
IHBB GOD

but back to the original topic, that store manager needs to take a class in customer satisfaction cause they should have transfered that balence without question.
Unread September 6th, 2007, 08:09 PM
IHBB GOD

We transfer out more than we take in, but we never denied it to any store. They have to do it, corp policy.
The top Poster!
Unread September 6th, 2007, 08:33 PM
IHBB GOD

Balance transfer shouldnt be denied.

I'd of done it anyway and then left a message for my DL to speak to their DL and MAKE them do the credit next morning.

Plus the transfers are to be done as Nontaxable credits. This goes against the retail credits, dude [other sm] probably thought it would go against his rental credits since that is what usually gets harped on the most in DBR's.
Unread September 6th, 2007, 09:45 PM
IHBB GOD

For some reason in Canada we are supposed to do a rental credit for the balance transfers which are all retail balances... it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me, but I have really stopped asking why this company makes any decisions it does. I probably won't be around for the next bonus payout anyways, so whatever .