I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread February 1st, 2011, 09:13 PM

Ok im not hating, but check this out

(i am not hating)
Just wanted to get that cleared up. The closing store in my district is actually paying their employees CASH to get people to sign up for TRIAL TA's. Their paying them $10 a sign up, and it is dispursed or given to them in check form from the company i am being told. Now i came accross this site online and saw a thread a guy pulled up on one of those "deal" sites. Now according to the sites statistics this guy has had 3000+ people view his thread and over 30 comments. I know its do or die at blockbuster, but the behind this must be banking if he is playing his cards right.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...0429&t=2629949
Unread February 1st, 2011, 09:33 PM

yeah, that store's manager is going to make big bucks......
Unread February 1st, 2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuadrillas View Post
yeah, that store's manager is going to make big bucks......
or probably not since you brought this up to everyone's attention and the purpose of these trials are to keep the customers from the closing stores as bbv customers, as for totally new customers they would like to just give them just 2 weeks....
Unread February 1st, 2011, 09:54 PM

I found out around here that the closing stores want 100 onlines sold per week!!! And we are sending two of our best online sellers to that store to help them pick up some sales they are looking forward to it because of the "10 dollar per sold bonuses".
Unread February 1st, 2011, 09:58 PM

yeah and those bonuses are going to the full time employees of the store......
Unread February 1st, 2011, 09:59 PM

i heard they were getting UP TO 93 a week at like 1 store, trying to get 100 a week as an average is near impossible....
Unread February 1st, 2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuadrillas View Post
i heard they were getting UP TO 93 a week at like 1 store, trying to get 100 a week as an average is near impossible....
DM "Just 93?! Time for a sale talk I'm so disappointed step it up we need 100 or your fired!! I WANT NO LESS THAN 100 NEXT WEEK DAMNIT NO EXCUSES!!"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsdojo For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (February 3rd, 2011), Hot Head (February 2nd, 2011)
Unread February 1st, 2011, 10:44 PM

Uh yeah, its true for every TA sold that particular employee gets 10 bucks! well at least its not a solitary store thing. And yeah they are pushing for big #s! But really? Think about it, does BB really have that kind of money to just be throwin around? That could be potentially A LOT of money IF employees jumped on it! They want like 10 TA sales a day right? And like 100 a week or what ever. What makes me mad is, why couldn't they be doing this all along? I mean yeah its gonna be a hell of a suprise if they actually stick to their word and payout, but they could have had a commision type set up all along. Shit $5 bucks a sign up would have been cool, and if employees had tangible evidence of a biweekly payout, they could have possibly had a lot more signups and wouldn't have to be scrambling when a store closes. But employees have doubts about the original TA payout that kept getting pushed back, and this new closing store incentive is no different. As for being fired for not selling, I just don't understand the big urgency, or maybe I do, and its just pathetic. But either way I wouldn't be suprised if we have a lot of dissapointed employees because once again BB never came through on their end of the deal.
Unread February 2nd, 2011, 04:24 PM

Even if employees got only $1 per TA sale, that would still be a decent incentive, way more so than a pizza party that no one cares about.

Disclaimer: The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's or Dish Network's positions, strategies or opinions, because they are all a bunch of dickless idiots.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlockbusterLuvsU For This Useful Post:
BUYMECAR (February 2nd, 2011), zooworker (February 3rd, 2011)
Unread February 2nd, 2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockbusterLuvsU View Post
Even if employees got only $1 per TA sale, that would still be a decent incentive, way more so than a pizza party that no one cares about.
You know.. that's very true..... I just said $5 cause I remember back in the direct tv sales days that is what we got per sale. but yeah, people respond to money, not fkn pizza and jeans. Its instant gratification i am looking for, and a company that stands behind what it says