I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 19th, 2012, 07:27 AM
IHBB GOD

i wont miss mopping, sweeping, vacuuming. i close 4-5 nights a week so yeah thats my job, im sure my next job ill be reunited with another mop, broom and vacuum
Unread January 23rd, 2012, 01:34 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
I work in a place that sells stemware, and have seen customers take out a shelf full of glasses breaking over half of them in the process and they don't say a thing.
Did you make them pay for it?
The top Poster!
Unread January 23rd, 2012, 06:23 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Did you make them pay for it?
Tried. Boss said no.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread January 23rd, 2012, 06:49 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
Tried. Boss said no.
What if someone put their arm out and whip out the whole shelf + following into another shelf full of glass? Then will your boss say yes? lol
Unread January 24th, 2012, 04:07 AM

I won't miss the toxic environment, the constant pressure on us to sell, sell, sell, the threats and the idea that the best way to do business is negative reenforcement
Unread January 24th, 2012, 12:10 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr1231 View Post
I won't miss the toxic environment, the constant pressure on us to sell, sell, sell, the threats and the idea that the best way to do business is negative reenforcement
Lmao that pretty much defines "Welcome to Blockbuster"!!
The Following User Says Thank You to D Money For This Useful Post:
Glass Half Empty (January 26th, 2012)
Unread January 24th, 2012, 02:55 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
What if someone put their arm out and whip out the whole shelf + following into another shelf full of glass? Then will your boss say yes? lol
Most of the people that come into my store wouldnt do that. It is a high end furniture and if someone would do that then they would pay for it.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread January 25th, 2012, 11:56 PM
IHBB Freak

Wink What I haven't missed

• Working with folks who I normally liked outside the store, who I ended up hating thanks to their commitment to Blockbuster whenever it was already in the decline.
  • Hearing "Oh, they're firing for just anything now!" Cut to me being fired for what was normally a write-up offense.
  • Constant threats via email...about not listening to the voice mail.
  • Seventeen phone calls a day about sales, and being bitched out about it whenever I explained that literally nobody had been in the store. Then being threatened with them looking up my hourly sales...which were zero.
  • "As seen on TV" products being added to the shit-ton of other things we couldn't sell.
  • The shit-ton of "Twilight"-related products, promotions, and tie-ins. Did Stephanie Meyers have a picture of then-CEO Keyes blowing someone?
  • People burning copies of the DVD...and sending the BURNT ones back!

I know it's been almost two years, but I still don't miss it!
Unread January 26th, 2012, 05:20 AM

We had someone making copies of the cover art and trying to keep the original and give us back the copy..and the last time my DM was in the store asked how many passes I had sold for the day. It was 1:30 on a SLOW weekday and when I said I had 2 people all day who didn't already have online or pass-the response I got was "So you've got 2 for the day then right?"
Unread January 26th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Member formerly known as Lycanthor...

You mean you won't miss mopping with a 1 year old mop that smells like crap and falls apart because the mop heads are "out of stock" for months on end.

You won't miss vacuuming with the shittiest vacuum in the world? The one that once the bag gets 1/3rd full it rips itself from the connection point? Then proceeds to fill the outer cloth bag with dirt which will later need to be cleaned out with a desperate bag beating in the parking lot the night before a DM visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlow71 View Post
i wont miss mopping, sweeping, vacuuming. i close 4-5 nights a week so yeah thats my job, im sure my next job ill be reunited with another mop, broom and vacuum
The Following User Says Thank You to SuspectRoll For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (January 26th, 2012)