I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 15th, 2010, 06:49 PM
IHBB GOD

Q & A for Blockbusterstore482

Thought I would create a thread for BBS482 so everyone can direct their questions about corp here, he seems to be connected higher up and has some inside info. His PM to me was valid, so everyone here is your chance to voice your concerns and complaints and see what kind of answers you can get

So Blockbusterstore482, deal?
The top Poster!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
Blockbusterstore482 (March 15th, 2010), Sourapplepucker (November 21st, 2010), SuspectRoll (March 16th, 2011)
Unread March 15th, 2010, 07:21 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Thought I would create a thread for BBS482 so everyone can direct their questions about corp here, he seems to be connected higher up and has some inside info. His PM to me was valid, so everyone here is your chance to voice your concerns and complaints and see what kind of answers you can get

So Blockbusterstore482, deal?
uuummm...
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
Yes I hate Blockbuster....but ever since I've been coming here I've only found 2 actual people who's posts are actually trying to help everyone instead of "flame. hijack the thread, gloss over the problem, etc...)
I forget the 1st persons screen-name (it was back when I cared) , but the only other one who seems to take an honest interest in your bitching/suggestions is "Blockbusterstore482".

Maybe he/she is a troll...maybe he/she is Jim Keyes...maybe he/she is Zooworker (who we all know is actually a "he-she")...or maybe it's me.

Either way...this poster is trying to help you.

(And then "ZOOWORKER" responded with...

"Your about as serious as your pickles Kaw............."

----unbelievable...
Unread March 15th, 2010, 07:32 PM
IHBB GOD

Come on KAW you hate BBI , BBS482 is helping BBI. Big difference.
The top Poster!
Unread March 15th, 2010, 07:41 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Come on KAW you hate BBI , BBS482 is helping BBI. Big difference.
He/she wants to help...I can appreciate that. It's 100% different then watching you, Danny, the blonde avatar chick who paid Chris for her status, and the other posters who flame/hijack a thread whenever someone posts something bad about BB.
That is one of the reasons that BB is failing...always thinking they are right even though the "negatives" are right in front of their fucking face.
Unread March 15th, 2010, 07:44 PM

Can we please keep this topic on track?
Unread March 15th, 2010, 07:49 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Rebel View Post
Can we please keep this topic on track?
Good Idea, sorry about that....
The top Poster!
Unread March 15th, 2010, 07:52 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Good Idea, sorry about that....

So...is it MY turn to hijack a valid thread and spam it into oblivion as was the norm on this site?

No...no I won't. I shall respect the thread...
Unread March 15th, 2010, 07:54 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
So...is it MY turn to hijack a valid thread and spam it into oblivion as was the norm on this site?

No...no I won't. I shall respect the thread...
TY, no more bantering here between us, OK?
We can do that in other threads.

So this thread is for Q&A for BBS482,
The top Poster!
Unread March 15th, 2010, 07:56 PM

482 can you explain why this new Box Office system is being implemented? I've heard nothing but bad things on here about it, but there must be some positives otherwise we wouldn't going forward with it.
Unread March 15th, 2010, 07:57 PM
IHBB GOD

I was hired in the summer of 2000. At that time we were a million-dollar store. Rentals were $3.50, games were $5.00. We were a million-dollar store. There were no electronics or accessories beyond some controllers and an endcap of batteries and cables and blank VHS tapes. We were a million-dollar store. There were no demands on suggestive selling, of either the individual employee, the store, or the district. We sold rewards when it was clear it would be beneficial for the customer. We were a million-dollar store.

Last year our store was in the red by about $70K. We did make a ton of money, but our lease is extremely high. We consistently finish low in sales in a district that consistently finishes low in sales. Customers are pushed game presales. They say no and point to the game store across the street. Customers are pushed movie presales. They say no and point to the big box store next door that sells new releases for five dollars cheaper. The majority of customers come in to exchange online rentals and take our movies home for free. The store is crammed with electronics that don't sell, posters that don't sell, books (?!?) that don't sell, earbuds that don't sell, novelty candy that doesn't sell. Trips to other stores are often excuses to raid supplies. It is generally not spoken aloud that when the company files, we may not be included in its future. It is not the economy; this is supposed to be a recession-proof industry. It is not Redbox; Redbox is a joke. It is not Netflix; Netflix covers a niche market and has never been a direct competitor to brick-and-mortar stores. Unfortunately, the instant Netflix came onto the scene, Blockbuster responded by locking themselves in a room, dousing themselves in gasoline, lighting a match, and running around in circles flailing their arms and speaking in tongues.

Since I no longer get hours I'm looking for employment elsewhere. I interviewed at the big box store next door. They didn't take me. I think it probably had something to do with the interview; I pretty much told them this story word for word.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.