I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 22nd, 2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedangel View Post
Unfortunately, they may not even wait for that.
I guess they'd better start selling wireless plans real soon if they want to have time to utilize the stores for it...
Unread January 22nd, 2013, 06:13 PM

Is there any word on a list of stores that are closing?
Unread January 23rd, 2013, 07:22 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiceCake View Post
I guess they'd better start selling wireless plans real soon if they want to have time to utilize the stores for it...
Is the wireless service going to have a different name? Both Blockbuster and Dish have tarnished reputations.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to orbitdvd For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (January 24th, 2013), HelloItsMeMOM (January 23rd, 2013), zooworker (January 23rd, 2013)
Unread January 23rd, 2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
Is the wireless service going to have a different name? Both Blockbuster and Dish have tarnished reputations.
That's exactly what I was thinking/saying in another post. One of the news articles on Google News (WSJ, I think?) quoted Ergen or Clayton as saying that to them, the Blockbuster brand represented "home and entertainment." This may just be another example of Dish doing whatever they can to avoid acknowledging that the purchase of BB was a mistake. Either way, they're going to have to open up A LOT more stores to make it work.
Unread January 23rd, 2013, 10:10 AM
IHBB GOD

There are only 2 incolorado that are going to close. And I know one state is going to be whipe out. Other than that, dish is really black and white. You either make money for your store or else is going to close. I do wish they would bring the smaller store in the article because that model is very successful. At least my store is safe because is in the home state.
Unread January 23rd, 2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
There are only 2 incolorado that are going to close. And I know one state is going to be whipe out. Other than that, dish is really black and white. You either make money for your store or else is going to close. I do wish they would bring the smaller store in the article because that model is very successful. At least my store is safe because is in the home state.
So what happened to Dish being willing to lose money on the stores for a short period of time as they waited to unveil their long-term plans (I.e., using the stores as wireless centers)? 500 stores isn't very many to start a wireless service with, and if more stores lose money over the next few months, then that's even more stores closing...
Unread January 23rd, 2013, 11:40 AM
IHBB Freak

It's not only that, but imagine the amount of marketing and advertising it will take for ANY business to enter the wireless arena. Hundreds of millions of dollars, if not billions.
Unread January 23rd, 2013, 12:06 PM
IHBB GOD

At least you not in the UK where they all will shut down
The top Poster!
Unread January 23rd, 2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
At least my store is safe because is in the home state.
I can't tell you how many others thought that as well... their store making a profit and getting remodeled... then they find out whammo... closing. Unfortunately... even in the state where their main office is... no store is really safe.
Baby Firefly (January 24th, 2013), HelloItsMeMOM (January 23rd, 2013)