I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 6th, 2009, 06:40 AM

stop crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post
Anybody else think that this is the final straw that will break the camels back? How in God's green earth does corporate think this will make money?!?!?!
some blockbuster stores do have late fees!!!! so the no late fees aspect of the changes to the total access program are good for the customers!!!! and seriously why complain when you are getting stuff for free?!?!?!?! netflix dosen't have stores, red box only has 20 titles and blockbuster offers more than movies!!!!
Unread January 25th, 2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post
Anybody else think that this is the final straw that will break the camels back? How in God's green earth does corporate think this will make money?!?!?!
The company has finally found a financial gain in Online business. The most popular is the $19.99 with 5 in store exchanges. However, movie companies such as Warner, Universal and Fix do not like the by mail or kiosk companies such as Netflix and Redbox. They claim they are killing the industry with their rates and have gone as far as to put 28 delays on New Releases for both companies. Blockbuster uses it as an addition asset instead of a reshape of how movie rentals work. Blockbuster will also have Redbox like Kiosk around the country in 2010. Up to 10,000
Unread August 1st, 2010, 10:30 PM
IHBB Freak

just had a store meeting. we're starting our total access push tuesday. : (
Unread August 1st, 2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockbusterPro View Post
The company has finally found a financial gain in Online business. The most popular is the $19.99 with 5 in store exchanges. However, movie companies such as Warner, Universal and Fix do not like the by mail or kiosk companies such as Netflix and Redbox. They claim they are killing the industry with their rates and have gone as far as to put 28 delays on New Releases for both companies. Blockbuster uses it as an addition asset instead of a reshape of how movie rentals work. Blockbuster will also have Redbox like Kiosk around the country in 2010. Up to 10,000
They found a financial gain at the cost of how many people's jobs in the stores. 19.99 with 5 exchanges seems all dandy for the customer. But it takes revenue away from the stores. None of them would want to buy a damn candy bundle or a presale, etc etc. So that means in the end when you tell some CSR to push TA or its their job. They are in a no win situation cause either they dont get the goals and get shit from the DM. Or they make the goals which end results closes the store and they are out of a job

ok so 3 studios that most of the time produce shit movies are giving the company a break over netflix and redbox. When it becomes all of hollywood including the Indie films, then I can say Blockbuster has an edge.

Yea they will have 10,000 kiosks around the country, how many do redbox have way before cockbuster even thought of putting up their first one.

Instead of trying to play catch up with the other guys, how about try something that makes BBI different and stands out.

so far their their plan is just to play catch up which wont make them survive
Unread August 1st, 2010, 11:44 PM
IHBB GOD

What makes BBI stand out is that it can do anything. Blockbuster has Streaming,stores,mails and kiosks
Unread August 2nd, 2010, 12:29 AM

yea but after following the other guys and look where that got them. If they were first to do it and especially kill off late fees before netflix came along. Things could be much different.
Unread August 2nd, 2010, 03:57 AM

Since according to you all what Blockbuster does is crap what are your suggestions?
Unread August 2nd, 2010, 03:16 PM

I think the fact that we offer movies and games for the same price at Netflix is a good start.
Unread August 2nd, 2010, 03:30 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by smit1979 View Post
I think the fact that we offer movies and games for the same price at Netflix is a good start.
its a little too late in the game for a good start.
abhorrent scowl (August 2nd, 2010), BUYMECAR (August 2nd, 2010), Flantanella (August 2nd, 2010), getoffmybeach (August 2nd, 2010), Hot Head (August 2nd, 2010), zooworker (August 2nd, 2010)
Unread August 2nd, 2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhlan View Post
Since according to you all what Blockbuster does is crap what are your suggestions?
you really dont want to know my suggestions

first I would say instead of making your workers feel like crap. Reward them with something, hell even a gift card to blockbuster would so some good. 20 bucks for any worker to get their favorite movie for free. Then end result, worker might actually want to sell your pointless crap

I would say a raise, but thanks to Keyes thats out of the question

Or the movie pass, which is actually the best factor for this company. Not the damn candy bundle or presales. Take a look at radio shack or sears two companies that some how manage to avoid extinction( WHy maybe cause they have people in corporate that actually know how to run a business, something BBI has failed numerous times)
The Following User Says Thank You to Flantanella For This Useful Post:
zooworker (August 2nd, 2010)