I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > Suggestions?

Unread June 14th, 2011, 12:46 AM

Lightbulb ATTENTION: Michael Kelly - This is what you do...

Dear Michael Kelly (President of Blockbuster)

So current President Michael Kelly I have a very serious ultimatum that you need to have the testicular fortitude to relay to whomever you need to, to save Blockbuster from what appears to be a certain death. Michael, I need to to stand up in front of the board and tell them all that unless they want to go somewhere else, they'd better shit or get off the pot. What Blockbuster NEEDS right now is what Dish can easily (perhaps not "easily"), - but certainly can feasibly do; and that is STREAM YOUR FUCKING MOVIES<--------** The ONLY thing keeping Netflix remotely relevant is its fleeting notion of streaming movies. People are not clamming to get that retarded exclusive TV show Netflix purchased featuring Kevin Spacey. Folks like the idea of a flat rate monthly service that allows streaming, and like the lemmings they are - the public keeps watching Season 3 of Weeds, or go on a M.A.S.H. marathon because Netflix doesn't stream ANY NEW SHIT what-so-ever. And people are too cheap (for the most part) to pay $4.99 a rental from Comcast or Time Warner from there box...
What Blockbuster needs to do is to stream inception-to-date movies, and they need to do this yesterday. Blockbuster has the capability, and liquidity though it might cost a pretty penny, it needs to be done. Blockbuster will in 6 months time, undo what its been doing for the past 10 years. There is a reason Netflix is shying away from DVD's and that's cost, and life cycle. They are banking on the fact that all of its competitors ie Blockbuster and Redbox will vanish in the nights sky, or become so irrelevant that it will force picture studios into licensing inception-to-date movies; which I believe they are correct. So you need to do the unthinkable, and that is pay out your anus in getting a credible streaming service, and offer it to customers at a comparable rate. If you cannot stream ALL inception-to-date movies, strike a deal with a primary picture company like Sony, or Paramount. If you are able to sign just 1 or 2 company's into inception-to-date streaming you will find MASSIVE amounts of new customers. You couple that with moderate marketing and you will do the unthinkable. Cripple Netflix, and drive Redbox back to the cracks it crawled out of. Now go forth Michael Kelly and do what needs to be done, and your welcome.

Sincerely,
Loyal Blockbuster employee since 2001

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to munnman84 For This Useful Post:
chapter11buster (June 14th, 2011), Darkfall28 (June 14th, 2011), underemployed (June 17th, 2011)
Unread June 14th, 2011, 08:25 PM

This is the most needed thing in Blockbuster right now. Get it on the video game systems as well. Most of the online customers we have love the option of coming to the store. Imagine adding streaming to their plan. Even Netflix can't compete with one low priced plan that includes online + in store exchanges + streaming.

Even if their isn't a store nearby for customers to exchange just the online + streaming along with by mail game rentals would be better then Netflix.

Oh and please bring back the by mail only options as well. Anyone remember when the lowest plan was $8.99, but it didn't have exchanges. Why would they take those plans away then closes hundreds of stores, so people are forced to pay for in store exchanges even if their isn't a store nearby.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chapter11buster For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (June 15th, 2011), underemployed (June 17th, 2011)
Unread June 15th, 2011, 02:51 AM
IHBB GOD

Doesn't dish have something like ondemand or something why the fuck would they stream movies?

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread June 15th, 2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Doesn't dish have something like ondemand or something why the fuck would they stream movies?
On demand you pay per movie. Streaming, you pay one monthly rate and get unlimited streaming.
Unread June 15th, 2011, 03:02 PM

...Thats what I'm sayin'. Most won't pay-per and at least 1/2 are too cheap to pay $1-2 extra when they can fish it out of a machine. I tell them, we have over 1500 titles, a vending machine has but 30-40 titles. Will take care of you if the movie is scratched, all they have is a hotline. We have games, movie snacks; and most importantly a friendly staff. But honestly... they don't care. The public is so stupid they'll cling to whatever is cheapest, and when were gone - that's when they will complain about Redbox, and Netflix because nothing is new. I don't believe it would be "that" big of a deal if we went streaming on the back-end. But it would be unbelievable, and amazing to the customer if we went streaming. Hence my letter to Michael.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Unread June 15th, 2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapter11buster View Post
On demand you pay per movie. Streaming, you pay one monthly rate and get unlimited streaming.
But then they are competing against themselves, I think that is the point Hot Head was making. It's like when Blockbuster owned the stores, and then they release Blockbuster Online, and then also released Blue Boxes. You are creating more competition.

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itirnitii For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (June 16th, 2011), Hot Head (June 16th, 2011)
Unread June 16th, 2011, 03:26 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by itirnitii View Post
But then they are competing against themselves, I think that is the point Hot Head was making. It's like when Blockbuster owned the stores, and then they release Blockbuster Online, and then also released Blue Boxes. You are creating more competition.
Yes this is the point unwashed making

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread June 17th, 2011, 04:44 AM

Of course it's a great idea if you're talking about saving Blockbuster the company. The problem is a steaming option that includes all the new movies would negate all those in-store-exchange people and probably all the monthly pass customers too. If they did it tomorrow it would hasten the closing of EVERY store. I'd be Ok with that personally because I would switch from Netflix to BB streaming, but I doubt all the store employees like the idea!

Of course, they'd probably impose a 28 day window where you can only rent the new ones in-store and can stream after a month.
Unread November 14th, 2011, 10:48 PM
IHBB GOD

Michael Kelly, you need to look into what the DM's are actually doing. They're some issues with "power tripping" and not resolving SM issues.

I believe the DM's should work some hours at the store to experience what is happening because all they think about is sales sales sales. They don't care about customer service! We can help out all our customers and stuff but in the end, if we don't sell enough combo passes or bundles. Dm's don't think we are doing our jobs and refuse to sell or something along the lines like that. For me, my sales are good. Sometimes I don't sell a lot, sometimes I break records. I hate sales goals in this environment because our goals are really unrealistic as many employees on this website have said in the past. You guys up the ladder only judge us by sales but not by our customer service skills. Man, I make some many customers happy and a lot have become my friends. When they come into the store, they ask for my assistance because they love to talk to me and ask what is new and stuff. I know your goal is to get customers back into the stores but if you just shove down sales into their throat. The same story is going to happen again. Customers are going to sense the desperation of the employee to sales stuff to them and it’s going to be annoying. They're going to stop coming in a lot and find the local redbox or sign up online because they know they’re not going to be pressure into sales. I just say, in order to relieve the sales pressure just lower the goals or better yet just make it the employees responsibility to ask every customer about the promotion we are doing. So for example: It’s our responsibility to ask every customer if they would like to buy a popcorn and soda for $2. While not having "sales goals" and then let’s see how many sales we can get. With that said if employees are caught not asking or making the appropriated effort, they should be warned or write up (depending on the situation). Trust me; if you treat the employees better at the store level, it’s going to improve your business a lot.

You guys right now want 70 passes, 150 bundles and 4 game presales. Right now, we did hit our passes but not our bundles and presales because Blockbuster didn't responding quickly enough to the "holiday effect". Halloween came and being a family store type environment, a majority of our customers are sick of candy. They have so much candy from trick-or-treat or brought a lot from the local stores. So why are you still keeping the bundle goal so high? Why not adjust it or change it to "drink and a popcorn for $2" or just a popcorn goal until the Halloween effect goes away.

Presales are perfect how you guys are doing them! Just advertise them a little harder. The only thing that is failing in this department is the pre-order slips advertisements. You guys don't send the cover art out quickly enough. Right now my pre-order rack is empty. You guys haven't updated the "Pre-order folder" or sent out the new cover art.

There is other stuff but I don’t want spill all the beans in one post lol just dig through this website man. You will find a lot of stuff pretty interesting. Oh yeah, I find this funny. When we did the huge BSI to prp transfer, there was over 1,000 movies and our tables are jam pack with prp already. Is there any store out there that needs PRP ?

P.S, when you know about this website, just chill out and don’t get angry but read the un edited feedback so you can learn. I know you’re a computer nerd and you did programing for a while.
Unread November 15th, 2011, 01:57 AM
IHBB GOD

You need to lean more about business its all political