I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 23rd, 2005, 07:43 PM

Nicest thing a customer did for you

One time this girl just had a 10 dollar bill and no change or debit/credit card and her total was 10.72. It was raining outside so I just said "Don't worry about it" and pulled the 72 cents out of my pocket and she was SO THANKFUL that she didnt have to go out to her car to get change.

A week later she dropped an envelope off with my name on it with 5 bucks and a thank you note in it.
Unread August 23rd, 2005, 07:51 PM

I had a customer who had a coupon for two popcorns, two pops, and two movies; he gave me the pops. I thought that was pretty nice of him
Unread August 23rd, 2005, 07:57 PM
IHBB GOD

I had a customer give me a really nice book for Christmas- about something we had discussed liking. I loved that customer.

I had a little kid the other day (about 8) tell me I was the nicest person at Blockbuster. That was really nice.

- Felicity
Unread August 23rd, 2005, 08:00 PM
IHBB GOD

One of my regular customers had been looking for a copy of Bollywood Queen for the longest. I saw it checked in, held it, and called her. She came in later that week with a bottle of her favorite wine and gave it to me.

Damn I miss the nice customers.
Unread August 23rd, 2005, 08:02 PM

I haven't had any customers do something nice for me in the 4 years I've worked here.
Unread August 23rd, 2005, 08:24 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via Yahoo to URBAN_COWBOY
I had a customer bake me a cake for my birthday.
Also had a customer bring me Thanksgiving dinner since I was working that day.

I didn't realize until the last couple of days how much I miss my regulars.
Unread June 13th, 2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN_COWBOY View Post
I had a customer bake me a cake for my birthday.
Also had a customer bring me Thanksgiving dinner since I was working that day.

I didn't realize until the last couple of days how much I miss my regulars.
I had one woman had her daughter bake me cookies, another couple customers keep offering me jobs elsewhere, a third customer helped me with my house hunting, a girl today wrote down her phone # and gave it to me (too fat ), a customer offered to sell me a BMW for 2k below bluebook, another offered to let me borrow their personal copy of something that we never have in, a couple of people have brought over cases of redbul for me (and my staff... on days when i was obviously a bit down... one guy actually bought us a pizza once, some of my regulars who work at starbucks comp me drinks/give me coupons...

my customers fucking love me even more than my staff do. i'm going to miss most of them, I cant imagine any other retail place where the customer relationships get so strong as a place where you see them once a week or more. honestly, the customers are the only reason i've stuck around as long as I did. if it weren't for my new DL specifically targetting me any time anything in the store goes wrong, and maybe him listening when i told him I needed a raise if I was going to be able to keep working for BBV, I might not be composing a 2 weeks notice right now.

nm the other 2 managers in my store, or the 2 that just left. nevermind the fact that when I leave, 2 other people will walk out the door with me because there's nobody else there worth working with, and more than a few customers will wonder why the fuck they let me go, or the fact that i've basically been the only thing holding that place together for 3 of the last 4 SMs i've had...

if somethings wrong in my store, the DL will harass me about it, and the DL and SM will sit in the back talking about football while i'm in the front trying to cram 3 shifts worth of work into a 6 hours shift.

Last edited by Tbob; June 13th, 2007 at 10:04 PM.
Unread June 14th, 2007, 01:14 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbob View Post
(too fat )
Aww.

I'd probably go out with any woman that had the courage to ask me out.

But she'd pay.
Unread August 23rd, 2005, 08:30 PM

i worked on halloween and had a customer bring myself and my CSR a full spread of turkey, mashed potatoes, etc. from boston market. Just last week I had a guy give me VIP passes to a strip club. (Haven't used them.... yet.)
Unread August 23rd, 2005, 08:58 PM

A bunch of my regulars bought me birthday cards.

One of my regulars brought me dinner on Christmas Eve, along with candy canes and a small gift.

And I had someone tell me today that I'm the nicest person they've ever encountered. That totally made my day.