I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread February 7th, 2011, 05:21 AM

not to mention every transfer request and report spits out two pages of the same instructions every time. Printing 3 pages of paper to tell me to transfer and destroy 1 Karate Kid blu-ray is a pretty big waste.
Unread February 7th, 2011, 05:38 AM

We should cut off ALL paperwork and meander into the 21st century.

Let's store this information in a computer and save it onto a hard drive. Backup the information on a flash drive or something.

Technology is our friend, and we should use it.

While we're at it, let's move out of the 1980s and get some new computers. My computers go out all the time and I have to Alt-Ctrl-Del at least 2-3 times a shift.
Unread February 7th, 2011, 05:44 AM

When we were selling tickets, they added a line to the store daily and it pushed that report to 2 pages. Since we don't sell tickets anymore, remove it and we will save 3000 pages of paper a day.
Unread February 7th, 2011, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
When we were selling tickets, they added a line to the store daily and it pushed that report to 2 pages. Since we don't sell tickets anymore, remove it and we will save 3000 pages of paper a day.
And why do they still have VHS listed in POS? So we can tell customers the movie they wanted from 1949 is only available on VHS, which we haven't carried in years!
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Dog For This Useful Post:
farmface (February 8th, 2011)
Unread February 7th, 2011, 09:19 AM

I know this would be kind of a hassle, and many customers would just ignore it, but could we have some kind of paper/sticker/something on the inside of 360 games warning of the dangers of the ring caused by moving the 360 while a game is inside?
At least twice a week, we get a game back that's been ruined, and despite my efforts, some of our employees still don't check for damage before checking games in. Those that we do catch, we give a warning the first time. The second time (yes, people are still stupid enough to do it AGAIN) we lostckin damage the game, and they must pay for it. Most 360 owners do not know this can happen. Heck, even an update in policy that tells us how to deal with this issue (responsibility of customer, payment) would be helpful.
Unread February 7th, 2011, 06:09 PM

A few weeks ago a CSR at my store was doing an overring (ya I know he isn't supposed to but always does despite being told by me, SAM and SM) and he meant to type $18.30 but somehow missed the period and it let him credit an accout $1,830!

BUT the real laugher is that it allowed him to basically give the customer nearly two grand in credit, but when I tried to neg overring to charge them/remove the credit, it wouldn't let me do more than $300 at a time.

If someone could somehow come up with a simple "void all transactions" option on a particular account, especially if possible to implement after hitting PF1/total that would be magical!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to underemployed For This Useful Post:
Blockbusterstore482 (February 8th, 2011), BUYMECAR (February 7th, 2011), farmface (February 8th, 2011), its_me_ASM69 (February 8th, 2011), libra (February 7th, 2011)
Unread February 7th, 2011, 07:54 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by underemployed View Post
A few weeks ago a CSR at my store was doing an overring (ya I know he isn't supposed to but always does despite being told by me, SAM and SM) and he meant to type $18.30 but somehow missed the period and it let him credit an accout $1,830!

BUT the real laugher is that it allowed him to basically give the customer nearly two grand in credit, but when I tried to neg overring to charge them/remove the credit, it wouldn't let me do more than $300 at a time.

If someone could somehow come up with a simple "void all transactions" option on a particular account, especially if possible to implement after hitting PF1/total that would be magical!
first of all

LMAAAAAOOOOOO

i needed a good laugh.

secondly

LOL jesus christ what a fuckin nightmare.

=3
Unread February 8th, 2011, 04:22 AM

Id love to see the SM reading the credit detail the next day XD
Unread February 8th, 2011, 06:09 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShooter87 View Post
Id love to see the SM reading the credit detail the next day XD
Wait till you hear from the DM, RDO, had this happen to me.
The top Poster!
Unread February 8th, 2011, 06:20 AM

on topic though, I saw this on the News forum, if BBV could get the Lionsgate guy as a CEO that would probably help, it would be in his best interest to keep the company going