I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread December 9th, 2007, 10:20 PM

Movie Pass push

Unread December 9th, 2007, 10:24 PM
IHBB GOD

Ha!

- Felicity
Unread December 10th, 2007, 04:49 AM

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHa

This is great and should be posted at every blockbuster.

A friend in need is a friend indeed but a friend with weed is better.
Unread December 10th, 2007, 05:28 AM

Oh God, please tell me stores aren't pushing Movie Passes again.

I think there's just a void, because Jim Keyes isn't telling us to relentlessly push all the things that Antioco was making us push, so all the classically trained DL's and RDO's have *no idea* what to make us all push.

We've been pushing Rewards in my district for the past two months, now virtually my entire customer base is signed up for Rewards, and we're getting about one or two a day now at most.
Unread December 10th, 2007, 08:45 AM
IHBB GOD

To add to the confusion, our RDO told us to push rewards instead of MP sunday. MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The top Poster!
Unread December 10th, 2007, 09:05 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
To add to the confusion, our RDO told us to push rewards instead of MP sunday. MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like there's no clear idea of what to push, so RDOs and DMs are just falling back onto what they know.

Same thing is happening with us at the moment. The 'official' main focus is E-topup, but it's become apparent that we're flogging a bit of a dead horse here, so everyone's suddenly rabbiting on about multiple rents instead.

I don't know why they can't trust us to just push whatever is relevant to the customer in front of us. If the customer just brings up a chocolate bar, you're gonna push a confectionery deal, not Rewards. It's stupid trying to go all out on one thing when we all know all customers are different.
Unread December 10th, 2007, 03:50 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
My DL wants us to focus on Rewards AND Movie pass. Stores that don't have good MP numbers are going to be in trouble, same with Rewards numbers. Sigh. I can't sell the MP in good faith when I know that the Online program is cheaper!

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread December 10th, 2007, 03:51 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
My DL wants us to focus on Rewards AND Movie pass. Stores that don't have good MP numbers are going to be in trouble, same with Rewards numbers. Sigh. I can't sell the MP in good faith when I know that the Online program is cheaper!
Oh I can sell MP in good faith, because when I get an online customer to come over to MP I make at least some money.
The top Poster!
Unread December 10th, 2007, 04:32 PM
IHBB Freak

They are having us to movie pass, game pass, and rewards, all of the above, simply sucks.
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread December 10th, 2007, 06:32 PM
IHBB GOD

i just wish it wasnt 29.99. that is a hard sell. rewards was easy...10 bucks and you're done.

I believe in the Movie Pass. I have the Movie Pass. I heart my Movie Pass. But, i am willing to spend the 29.99 a month, because I know the value.

but the average customer doesnt. all they hear is 29.99. now are most of them spending more that that a month? sure. But it doesnt matter how much you tell them they have rented. they only hear 29.99.

i would sell the shit out of movie pass with intro rates. I cant remember a time when we had a movie pass drive WITHOUT an intro rate. we did it with total access. hell we gave em a whole month for free. we even did it with rewards..remember those 90 free trials?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! give us an intro rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!