I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 28th, 2011, 03:03 PM

Are More Studios Following WB??

So does anybody on here know what is going on with the movies set to release this week and next? I heard that the SMs once again have to go out and buy 30 Minutes and Idiot Bro tomorrow and Smurfs, Friends/Benefits Friday and Hangover2 next week. With the exception of H2, none of these titles are Warner Bros-they are Columbia and Weinstein. So are we having issues with more studios now?
Unread November 28th, 2011, 03:58 PM

I received all those movies from my supplier, so as of right now the other studios aren't following suit. Of coarse my contracts aren't up until July.
Unread November 28th, 2011, 04:54 PM
IHBB GOD

Paramount and Sony are following but people are not happy with WB ultraVoilet becuase you can't even put it on Itunes.
Unread November 28th, 2011, 08:16 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
people are not happy with WB ultraVoilet becuase you can't even put it on Itunes.
DAMN THEM!!! If only there was some sort of building where we could go and rent the movies we wanted.
Unread November 28th, 2011, 09:48 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
DAMN THEM!!! If only there was some sort of building where we could go and rent the movies we wanted.
Yes, a building were I can walk up too and download it to my ipad
Unread November 29th, 2011, 07:18 AM
IHBB GOD

Buying retail to me is very costly, BBI should just give in to the rental window
The top Poster!
Unread November 29th, 2011, 08:01 AM
IHBB GOD

Blockbuster should and see what happens....because you know, the studios are going to get a huge storm heading their way with angry people lol. Of course Dish, is standing firm and won't
give in.

If SM are getting bluray combo packages, then were pretty much making a profit as long as the PRP are sold in the end.
Unread November 29th, 2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Paramount and Sony are following but people are not happy with WB ultraVoilet becuase you can't even put it on Itunes.
Not so sure about Paramount. They just changed their terms a little yesterday and now include BD for us independents who rev share.
Unread November 29th, 2011, 02:58 PM
IHBB Freak

I imagine the companies that have followed WB with the 28 day window might follow suit... Universal, Fox and Sony.
Unread November 29th, 2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
If SM are getting bluray combo packages, then were pretty much making a profit as long as the PRP are sold in the end.
So the recent email about sending rental copies of Super 8 to online warehouses stated that we are having serious issues with not being able to sell our local buy titles as PRP. So since they aren't selling we are going to have to have much lower allocations from now on. This sucks. It has been really hard for a customer to get Super 8. So the solution is buy less.

Don't get me wrong, I want to pull a profit badly. I just want to get the word out politely somehow, someway to our customers that in order to be profitable (stay in business) that we need to make money. Yet the customers don't see it that way. They think everything should be free for them and they should never have to buy anything when they visit us either. Since they don't understand this concept we are going to buy less & less copies which really inconveniences them in the end.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to libra For This Useful Post:
businessasusual (November 30th, 2011), fireyjewels (November 30th, 2011)