I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 12th, 2007, 01:54 PM
IHBB GOD

Approximately half of what he said is true, but the guy's a serious arsehole. Then again, so am I probably.

OTOH, instead of
"The computers are shut down," I'll just say
"Sorry, we haven't opened yet and I have a lot of things to do before open. Can you call back at 10?"

or

"The bathroom's out of order," I'll say,
"Nah, sorry, they're closed after 11 for safety reasons."

I think my honesty probably makes people more angry.
Unread August 12th, 2007, 03:09 PM
IHBB GOD

honesty is the best policy
Unread August 12th, 2007, 03:15 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlow71 View Post
honesty is the best policy

But you like the worst stuff Johnlow!

marc
Unread August 12th, 2007, 03:15 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
But you like the worst stuff Johnlow!

marc
So do the customers.
Unread August 12th, 2007, 03:33 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHailstorm View Post
So do the customers.
have you ever thought, when you are returning movies to the shelves, "who the fuck rents this shit??"

everyday. especially bsi.
Unread August 12th, 2007, 04:47 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar94pga View Post
have you ever thought, when you are returning movies to the shelves, "who the fuck rents this shit??"

everyday. especially bsi.
I am always re-shelving this one...

Unread August 12th, 2007, 04:50 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHailstorm View Post
I am always re-shelving this one...

"guaranteed to make you jump"
Do customers get their money back if it didn't make them jump?
Unread August 12th, 2007, 05:48 PM
IHBB GOD

I don't appreciate it when people impose their taste on me. Customer service should follow the need. With that said I have no problem recommending Phat Girls if that movie fits the customer in front of me. It doesn't matter what I like unless the customer is in the mood to watch something from my taste. Mostly I suggest movies other customers said were good.

Get up off your ass and get the fuck down here I got shit over here I'm tryin' to fuckin' sell!
Unread August 12th, 2007, 09:03 PM

The one thing that screams "douche bag" about the author is the movie checks.
I've had times where I've called another store, been on hold for several minutes and played it off like they didn't haven't (which is usually the case).
But to completely blow off a customer like that? That's pretty fucked up.
Only a true douche bag wouldn't even attempt to do his job and consistently lie to some one that is only trying to have a good night.
Unread August 12th, 2007, 10:49 PM

Just thought I would respond to some of my favorites on this "clever" little list of his...

10. “Sorry, I can’t do that”
- This is a complete and utter lie. The CSR's at my store, and at any other Blockbuster I've ever worked at, are only allowed to "void," "exchange/return," or give "defective" credits. Everything else entitles a manager password. I don't know what mystery store in "Phoenix" he worked at, if he's even being honest.

9. “The computers lock down five minutes before closing time - we can’t do anything about it”
-The only time I ever use this, which was actually only after I found out about IHBB and learned of others saying this, was when a customer comes in a minute or 2 before close and is not a member, "I'm sorry our membership computer closes 5 minutes before close but you are still able to purchase anything in the store." 90% of these people don't have a second form of ID on them anyway and it avoids the "well I don't have a credit card/utility bill/etc. and don't see why I NEED one" arguement. The customer is more likely to leave happy satisfied with the computer excuse instead of getting angry over the membership terms. But 5 minutes before close, even for members? That's just bad customer service and pure laziness.

8. “Sorry, the restroom is broken”
- We don't even have a public restroom, just an employee restroom. But our DL says we have to let customers use it, no if's, and's, or but's, even though it violates several health codes because we keep so many cleaning supplies in the bathroom and it's "hazardous." But it sounds like this guy was denying customers the usage of a public restroom because...
Quote:
The reason BB staff lock their restrooms and tell customers the plumbing is broken is because the restroom is the one place in the entire store where the staff cannot see you. As a result of this fact, restrooms are the perfect place to steal shit: during my time at Blockbuster, thieves often grabbed DVDs or videogame hardware, stuffed them into their pants, and entered the bathroom.
And then he totally contradicts himself with #7, "Theft is bad," claiming we don't care if people steal from us. If we don't care, then why even bother trying to eliminate bathroom theft, when we supposedly don't care about theft on the floor?

4. “No, I won’t write down stuff you say to me and then repost it on the Internet”
-WTF? This is just stupid. As if customers are really thinking, "I wonder if there is some Blockbuster hate site where this guy is going to write down all the stupid things I say." Not to mention most customers are completely unaware they said anything stupid in the first place and insist their jacked-up version of the movie title is the correct one, despite what the cover-box says. This guy is a moron.