I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > News

Unread June 5th, 2011, 02:53 PM
IHBB Freak

Blockbuster loses a shit-ton of money

This has been alluded to in other threads, but Dish was welcomed with a HUGE loss for April. Technically, they didn't own the company the entire month, but I thought that all those liquidations would have dampened the blow.

What are May and June going to look like?

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/blo...ss-april-24116
Unread June 5th, 2011, 03:30 PM

The free rental for the whole month and the price drops are not helping too much eather I saw the TNR sheet and every store in my area is down!! Dish needs to do some advertising or something to get the word out about the price changes to get more people in the stores.
Unread June 5th, 2011, 06:01 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsdojo View Post
The free rental for the whole month and the price drops are not helping too much eather I saw the TNR sheet and every store in my area is down!! Dish needs to do some advertising or something to get the word out about the price changes to get more people in the stores.
Aren't they doing advertising? They want you guys to talk up Blockbuster on social networks during your free time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orbitdvd For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (June 6th, 2011), Hot Head (June 5th, 2011)
Unread June 5th, 2011, 06:18 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
Aren't they doing advertising? They want you guys to talk up Blockbuster on social networks during your free time.
Only with third corporate disclaimer and as long as it is half truths / non truths.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (June 6th, 2011), Glass Half Empty (June 6th, 2011)
Unread June 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
What are May and June going to look like?
Unfortunately we'll probably never know. Since Blockbuster is now a subsidiary of Dish and no longer a publicly traded company, they won't be required to post financial information.

Disclaimer: The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's or Dish Network's positions, strategies or opinions, because they are all a bunch of dickless idiots.
Unread June 5th, 2011, 09:30 PM
IHBB Freak

Blockbuster loses shit ton of money.

Tomorrow's news: "Sun rises."
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deathbydanny For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (June 6th, 2011), johnlow71 (June 6th, 2011), orbitdvd (June 6th, 2011)
Unread June 6th, 2011, 09:33 AM

Maybe one of their new ideas is to stop sending useless crap to my post box too, and I am sure the losts of you as well. I dont care for court situations or stock options.

Send me more mail and I will starting crapping in them and sending it back
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flantanella For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (June 7th, 2011), Glass Half Empty (June 7th, 2011), Hot Head (June 6th, 2011)
Unread June 6th, 2011, 10:01 AM
IHBB GOD

This won't matter until Q3 and Q4. All these reports are a waste of time.
Unread June 7th, 2011, 11:22 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsdojo View Post
Funny you mention that. My store has been kicking ass! But, we are a bunch of rebels and are not pushing the thank you pass thing unless it is to an upset customer.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread June 7th, 2011, 03:49 PM

I've only worked a couple of shifts since the free pass started and I have only signed up 2 people and they both had the e-mail. Why give away your product for 1 month to then see that it doesn't mean any repeat business after that? If people want free movies they can go to the library like me-which is where I had to go for the past several months to get any kind of NR. Just went today and they had Biutiful, Rabbit Hole, Blue Valentine, Somewhere, Just Go With It, True Grit, Sanctum, Company Man and every other NR that has come out lately! So sad when the library has the smaller titles we don't carry and better copy depth.