I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 24th, 2010, 02:48 PM
IHBB Freak

HBO Shelfliner FAIL

I'm not sure if anyone else has wooden shelving, but the shelf liners that were sent out are a complete and utter fail for them.

usual shelf liners:
| | |
| | |
| | |

hbo shelf liners:
|____|
|____|
|____|

(had to put the _ so it would show the space

Missing something? What a WASTE of money. Less paperwork to be green? then you send cardboard we can't even use without butchering it all and making it look like CRAP.

It was bad enough not sending stores with 3 foot bays shelf liners that were perforated. Another place our raises went
Unread May 24th, 2010, 03:14 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
I'm not sure if anyone else has wooden shelving, but the shelf liners that were sent out are a complete and utter fail for them.

usual shelf liners:
| | |
| | |
| | |

hbo shelf liners:
|____|
|____|
|____|

(had to put the _ so it would show the space

Missing something? What a WASTE of money. Less paperwork to be green? then you send cardboard we can't even use without butchering it all and making it look like CRAP.

It was bad enough not sending stores with 3 foot bays shelf liners that were perforated. Another place our raises went

if you look at map..they made the liners for wire shelves not wood..we just did something special and made it look 3d
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread May 24th, 2010, 06:25 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
if you look at map..they made the liners for wire shelves not wood..we just did something special and made it look 3d
I didn't. But regardless, why waste money sending them to stores with no wire shelving What did you do to make it work >_>
Unread May 24th, 2010, 08:03 PM

Ours don't fit either. We have wire shelving, and even though we bent on the perforations, if we try to push it back flush with the shelf, the little edge that's suppose to wrap over the bottom and says 'rent it' doesn't actually sit right.
Unread May 24th, 2010, 08:51 PM

Hey Ninja. I have old school wooden shelves that are falling apart as well. Mine looks decent I used the second crease, which makes it stick out like 2 inches, It doesn't look too bad. I just wish we actually had the product to fill it with. My store does not have true blood on bluray, just band of brothers, and we do not have nearly enough HBO Retail to fill 2 rows on the wall.

I think that the lack of product makes it look worse than incorrectly fitting shelf liners. My DM said we would prob. get more but so far, none on the ASN.

On a side note don't the wooden shelves suck?!? Wouldn't you think with all of the stores that are closing someone would save a wall full of shelving and install it in an older, more profitable store.
Unread May 25th, 2010, 09:06 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knargles View Post
Hey Ninja. I have old school wooden shelves that are falling apart as well. Mine looks decent I used the second crease, which makes it stick out like 2 inches, It doesn't look too bad. I just wish we actually had the product to fill it with. My store does not have true blood on bluray, just band of brothers, and we do not have nearly enough HBO Retail to fill 2 rows on the wall.

I think that the lack of product makes it look worse than incorrectly fitting shelf liners. My DM said we would prob. get more but so far, none on the ASN.

On a side note don't the wooden shelves suck?!? Wouldn't you think with all of the stores that are closing someone would save a wall full of shelving and install it in an older, more profitable store.
I dont mind the wooden...i just wish the people who made shit like that realized the wooden shelves need different stuff and 3 foot bays are different too. dumbasses.

I just had an idea for them and I think I'll try it tomorrow and see how it goes. I also HIGHLY doubt we will get the correct ones for wooden or more for that matter. It really is a waste of money.

Quote:
- I used just the bottom part by cutting it off at the frontmost crease. Then I threw the top part away.
- I blocked 3 rows for each bay, plus the toppers, so it takes up half of each bay.
- The bottom half of each bay is still TV new releases...I only transferred half of the section to BSI.
- I didn't put out any tv retail.
- I didn't put out any Blu-ray, mainly because the section is on the opposite side of the store.
i did the first two rows and I went straight across two bays with the first being BD and second being where i begin my alphabet...then the second two rows across are the new release stuff...then under those is the rest of the BSI HBO i put in...it's absolutely ALL hbo, nothing else...it's just crappy looking because we don't have enough bluray or retail and we didn't get any true blood yet either!
Unread May 24th, 2010, 09:11 PM
IHBB GOD

- I used just the bottom part by cutting it off at the frontmost crease. Then I threw the top part away.
- I blocked 3 rows for each bay, plus the toppers, so it takes up half of each bay.
- The bottom half of each bay is still TV new releases...I only transferred half of the section to BSI.
- I didn't put out any tv retail.
- I didn't put out any Blu-ray, mainly because the section is on the opposite side of the store.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread May 25th, 2010, 09:43 AM
IHBB GOD

There on the HBO wall there is only supposed to be HBO stuff, that is all that is allowed on that section. Also, the TV New Release is supposed to be gone.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Woodstock For This Useful Post:
smit1979 (May 25th, 2010)
Unread May 25th, 2010, 10:58 AM
IHBB Freak

hbo paid good money for that to be their ad space this summer i see.
Unread May 25th, 2010, 11:01 AM

well...

Pretty much an epic fail. They have the show Carnival listed on the Topper, we don't even carry carnival and have not for years. WTF?