I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 16th, 2009, 06:15 PM
IHBB GOD

Please tell me you got extra hours for the store.
Unread September 16th, 2009, 06:17 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodavsjason View Post
Please tell me you got extra hours for the store.
Well, it really hasn't happened. Still doing 4 days a week during the day bymyself, and on FRI and Sat 3 1/2 shifts.
The top Poster!
Unread September 16th, 2009, 10:27 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
"Who is more fool?...The fool or the fool who follows the fool"?
i know! the fool who posted a foolish quote about fools.
Unread September 16th, 2009, 11:38 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Well, it really hasn't happened. Still doing 4 days a week during the day bymyself, and on FRI and Sat 3 1/2 shifts.
Sucks, hope you get more soon.
Unread September 17th, 2009, 05:04 AM
IHBB Freak

Next week, they cut us by 40 hours.

Well, won't that be fun?
Unread September 17th, 2009, 05:43 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorrent scowl View Post
Next week, they cut us by 40 hours.

Well, won't that be fun?
Oh yeah, like last week with PRP pulls (400) CFD (600) Store to store(190) gee , and I was bymyself Sat. & sunday during the day.
The top Poster!
Unread September 17th, 2009, 06:22 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
That's actually not so weird. I've been working alone, during the day, for over a year.
Unread September 17th, 2009, 07:26 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
Excellent.....

"Who is more fool?...The fool or the fool who follows the fool"?
Here's a quick question for you, and I'm going to counter-troll as little as possible: What makes the articles you find any more relevant or, to borrow from Colbert, 'truthier' than ours? Seriously?

I actually have to congratulate the original poster, because he did at least SOME research, unlike you, who seem to be fine with copypasta. What's your Google search, Kawliga, "Blcokbsuetr sucks lol"?

Taking that one step further, let's reference an article the Original Poster brought up-- an article about ten businesses that won't survive 2009. Unless shit SERIOUSLY goes downhill, I'm afraid that the relevant part of that article is rendered incorrect. Maybe Blockbuster won't survive 2010, but for now, the writer of that article has a small bit of crow on his dinner plate.

I suddenly think a lot less of what I already did of you, kiddo. It's one thing to do a Google search and bring up a relevant point, and it's quite another to have a sort-of-relevant point, just copy/paste the article, and bray about "Look what I found! I bet it pisses you off! I'm such an awesome troll!"

Do you even READ these articles, or are you thinking to yourself, "Blockbuster gives me such a hateboner that I'll post ANYTHING that agrees with me!"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
The Following User Says Thank You to deathbydanny For This Useful Post:
Ghost of AtlanticVamp (September 17th, 2009)
Unread September 17th, 2009, 07:42 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny View Post
Here's a quick question for you, and I'm going to counter-troll as little as possible: What makes the articles you find any more relevant or, to borrow from Colbert, 'truthier' than ours? Seriously?

I actually have to congratulate the original poster, because she did at least SOME research, unlike you, who seem to be fine with copypasta. What's your Google search, Kawliga, "Blcokbsuetr sucks lol"?

Taking that one step further, let's reference an article the Original Poster brought up-- an article about ten businesses that won't survive 2009. Unless shit SERIOUSLY goes downhill, I'm afraid that the relevant part of that article is rendered incorrect. Maybe Blockbuster won't survive 2010, but for now, the writer of that article has a small bit of crow on his dinner plate.

I suddenly think a lot less of what I already did of you, kiddo. It's one thing to do a Google search and bring up a relevant point, and it's quite another to have a sort-of-relevant point, just copy/paste the article, and bray about "Look what I found! I bet it pisses you off! I'm such an awesome troll!"

Do you even READ these articles, or are you thinking to yourself, "Blockbuster gives me such a hateboner that I'll post ANYTHING that agrees with me!"?
One minor correction.

The thing that made me post this in the first place is that 1500+ is a lot of stores, no doubt. The thing is, with 3500 to begin with, some neighborhoods won't even notice anything. Maybe the stores that close are the ones with dust piled in the corners, and some smart-ass sitting on the counter reading a magazine or texting instead of doing their job. The closing store might be the one in a bad neighborhood, that constantly is getting shoplifted or grafitti'ed. Maybe it's just going to be stores that have a higher lease payment than necessary. There are upsides to this.
Unread September 17th, 2009, 08:05 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of AtlanticVamp View Post
One minor correction.

The thing that made me post this in the first place is that 1500+ is a lot of stores, no doubt. The thing is, with 3500 to begin with, some neighborhoods won't even notice anything. Maybe the stores that close are the ones with dust piled in the corners, and some smart-ass sitting on the counter reading a magazine or texting instead of doing their job. The closing store might be the one in a bad neighborhood, that constantly is getting shoplifted or grafitti'ed. Maybe it's just going to be stores that have a higher lease payment than necessary. There are upsides to this.
Exactly my point. Much as they annoy me, the trolls do have a valid point: Blockbuster is in some serious debt, and in the current economy, it IS almost necessary to think "When will this ship finally sink?" But this move actually does make sense. I live in an area that currently has six stores. There are several small towns around ours, and each has at least one of their own Blockbusters. In a 30 mile radius, there are 18 Blockbusters now. There were 25, but seven of them had closed. Of those seven, four of them were because they were essentially competing with themselves; sure there's Redboxes around, but there's also another Blockbuster literally five minutes down the road in both directions. Two of those closed because of leases-- one lease literally quadrupled in price (pricing themselves out of business, they had another leasor who backed out, and the building, which would have been profitable had BBV remained, is now derelict, with a decaying "now leasing" sign as a sad beacon of once was) and the other just plain deciding to rent to another business they saw as MORE profitable. Of the remaining one, it was legitimately closed due to lack of business.

To make my point, the remaining stores in the area have seen a MASSIVE surge of new members, including my own. On top of that, despite the once a day "Redbox is kicking your ass," I can't help but chuckle at times... because on a busy Friday night, out and about town, you pass by a Redbox and see three people at it, meanwhile the parking lot of my store, right across the street, is full to bursting. Even with cheaper competition across the street, people are still making an effort to get out of their cars, wait in our lines, and pay the extra $2... why? Who really knows? The company as a whole may not be in good shape, but that doesn't really matter to me. My parking lot is full. My customers are happy, my wallet is happy. Our store is turning a profit, and if another store close by closes down, all of those things will be even happier because I will see another upswing in asses walking through my doors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.