I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 20th, 2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
Dude you been sipping on too much koolaid. They closed stores they could opt out the leases on, 100 of the 300 store had leases renewed with a kick out option. If you continue to close all your stores, and do not open a single new one, and dont say oh they did in Colorado, cause that's where the home office is, duh. Once they can opt out of the other 500 store leases, those too will be gone.
Very well said. That's how they got out of so many leases last year with the closings they did. Some had leases that were up but others, had the clause to be able to "renegotiate" the terms if they felt the store wasn't making enough money. It didn't matter if the store made good money, they used that escape route to get out of the leases. That's why there were so many pissed landlords not cooperating with BB about signage and what not. Some stores weren't allowed to put anything outside the store. It all had to be in the windows, makes it hard to liquidate when some people still don't even realize you are closing because the signage sucks. Been there done that.

And Spicecake... I don't know if you remember a MOTW from the summer of 2011 that was sent to show the "new store" that opened or not. It was just a dish franchisee who opened a very very small rental store to have the swaps for the @Home service. Not an actual corporate store like the ones that are closing.

And they will tell the stores that are staying open the closing locations are "under performing" or "not profitable" when in fact, a chunk are. They will tell closing store employees that they are going to look for smaller stores to reopen so hang on and bust ass so you can keep a spot. But in fact they are not. They will not reopen in another location in the same town/city. And when these stores start their liquidations, sales will be driven even harder and the threats will top what these people have had to deal with before. There is no thanks to them for being loyal and working to shut down these stores knowing they won't have a job when it's done.... there is only "if you don't sell you will be fired". I wish them all luck though, and hope for the best for them.

I also agree with Spicecake that it's nice to be able to keep up with what's going on and it's nice to have a place to go to do that.
Baby Firefly (January 20th, 2013)
Unread January 21st, 2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
You guys know what this means >_<

There going to keep everyone account for there goals. Only keep people that sale and that's it.

If you think the sales pressure isn't good, just you wait O_O.

There only three things they want is blue tickets, bundles and prp. Right now its hard to sell blue tickets because Blockbuster going through issue on getting new movies this month because of vender changes and someone didn't make the orders on time too >_>
Do you have any more info. on the movie situation, i.e. did the studio deals end on the 31st? Are they really switching vendors? I asked my regional manager when he came to visit the store and he had no clue, as per usual, what was going on. Surprise, surprise.
Unread February 9th, 2013, 07:03 AM
IHBB GOD

and more closings coming soon, just wait lol.
Unread February 9th, 2013, 01:17 PM
IHBB GOD

sooner or later the ghost of blockbuster video's past will be haunting the now vacant store locations. it's sad. really.
Unread February 9th, 2013, 05:28 PM
IHBB GOD

LOL. Loved that episode of South Park!!!

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Woodstock For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (February 9th, 2013)
Unread February 9th, 2013, 06:33 PM
IHBB GOD

wait, what? that was an episode of south park? You're kidding. I just made that up. I haven't watched south park in years.
Unread February 9th, 2013, 07:49 PM
IHBB GOD

It was hilarious.....
Unread February 9th, 2013, 09:37 PM
IHBB GOD

Sar, I would try and see if it is still on the Comedy Central website. Very funny episode.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread February 10th, 2013, 05:06 AM
IHBB GOD

Very funny......
Unread February 10th, 2013, 10:20 AM

I have to wonder... why does Dish keep closing the stores in such a segmented manner? I.e., 300 here, 250 there, etc. Why don't they just close them all up at once since they know full-well that all the stores will close as their leases are up? What's the deal with Dish protracting the process so much?

Is it because they're actually making money off the remaining stores, or are they just too embarrassed to admit it was all a mistake?

Yeah, yeah, I know, there's a single "hybrid store" in Colorado that will serve as the future of Blockbuster retail stores, even though you haven't heard a thing about it on the news or anywhere else.
The Following User Says Thank You to SpiceCake For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (February 10th, 2013)