I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 4th, 2011, 09:59 AM

Cam Schultz

Rumor is he got fired for LP issues. BBstore482, can u confirm this?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SLoftheYear For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (April 4th, 2011), Hot Head (April 4th, 2011), OzMan (April 5th, 2011)
Unread April 4th, 2011, 10:13 AM

I don't think 482 can disclose that information...

... but I'm sure it'll be in the next installment of Mein Kampf.

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
Unread April 4th, 2011, 10:45 AM

Devoured by the very monster he created a fitting end.

of course LP Issues in some (many) cases = Bullshit/excuse to fire someone who makes too much
Unread April 4th, 2011, 11:03 AM

Wow...wouldn't it have been ironic if it had been because he missed his sales goals three weeks in a row?

Disclaimer: The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's or Dish Network's positions, strategies or opinions, because they are all a bunch of dickless idiots.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlockbusterLuvsU For This Useful Post:
abhorrent scowl (April 5th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (April 4th, 2011), Hot Head (April 4th, 2011), OzMan (April 5th, 2011), Propoxy (April 4th, 2011)
Unread April 4th, 2011, 11:11 AM
IHBB Freak

Is ironic a synonym for karmic justice?
Unread April 4th, 2011, 11:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to BBW[BlockBusterWorker] Send a message via Skype™ to BBW[BlockBusterWorker]
Who is Cam Schultz?

Sorry I stopped caring about who works in this company awhile ago.

Please join me in converting all your copies of the Riddick Trilogy as so.
The Following User Says Thank You to BBW[BlockBusterWorker] For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (April 4th, 2011)
Unread April 4th, 2011, 11:50 AM
IHBB GOD

me too.....................
Unread April 4th, 2011, 12:50 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBW[BlockBusterWorker] View Post
Who is Cam Schultz?

Sorry I stopped caring about who works in this company awhile ago.
He's an SM (former?) who had an unreasonable idea that worked for him, but Corporate forced it to work for all it's other stores, to disastrous results. It wouldn't be too far a leap of faith to say a simple SM named Cam Shultz may have cost several people nationally their jobs.

A lot of people around here strongly dislike him, and after my initial anger faded about it, I don't find myself as mad at him for coming up with an idea as I am at Corporate for enforcing it everywhere else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread April 4th, 2011, 01:44 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny View Post
He's an SM (former?) who had an unreasonable idea that worked for him, but Corporate forced it to work for all it's other stores, to disastrous results. It wouldn't be too far a leap of faith to say a simple SM named Cam Shultz may have cost several people nationally their jobs.

A lot of people around here strongly dislike him, and after my initial anger faded about it, I don't find myself as mad at him for coming up with an idea as I am at Corporate for enforcing it everywhere else.

To me the whole fiasco proved to me how inept this corporation really is. You install a process that can lead to people being fired, and you name it after a REAL PERSON. Stupid stupid stupid.
Unread April 4th, 2011, 02:22 PM

I agree orbit, it was really just a poorly executed idea. If they loved the idea they could have not named it after him and they would have been smarter to make an incentitive,rather than make it a punishment. Its not Cams fault for corporate going along with his idea, they could have said you know, this isnt how we want to do things so lets try and use the concept but use incentitives like maybe like free new titles for a week to motivate the workers not put us in fear over some candy bundles, Cam however should have been smart enough not to allow his name to be used as part of the policy