I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 30th, 2011, 05:16 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEZ View Post
This is not a theory of mine... it's a fact. I've closed 4 stores... and rented from others that were closing. Balances, no matter how big, are cleared when the store closes.

Yes thank you!!!!!

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread January 31st, 2011, 04:21 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
This is not a theory of mine... it's a fact. I've closed 4 stores... and rented from others that were closing. Balances, no matter how big, are cleared when the store closes.
Hmmmm....coupon...coupon...
Unread January 31st, 2011, 05:09 AM

Still don't believe it. You may be right. But I don't see a struggling cumpany going thru bankruptcy writing off hundreds of thousands of dollars off on revenue than can be collected. Movie Gallery may be different but six months after all stores closed, customers started getting collection letters for late fees and movies that were rented and not returned. Why not collect even a portion of that by contracting it out to colloction agencies. You don't have to do any of the work and get back some lost revenue.
Unread January 31st, 2011, 07:39 AM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
This may be one of those things where different states and countries have different laws, meaning that maybe some are wiped out and some are sent to collections.
Unread January 31st, 2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
This may be one of those things where different states and countries have different laws, meaning that maybe some are wiped out and some are sent to collections.
I believe you're right. We had another store near us close awhile back, and afterwards we had tons of customers coming to our store with collections letters, demanding to know what they were for, and how they were supposed to pay them since the store was closed. We always just told them that we couldn't look up what the balance was for, but it was most likely from autosold movies or late fees, and to just pay it through the collection agency.
Unread January 31st, 2011, 01:38 PM

It makes sense because everything you do is always tied to one store's computer. Despite being only a mile or two apart, I could only tell people that they owed a balance from a neighboring store and how much it was. The actual history of that customer's account including what they got the balance on and when was never given, just the fact that their account was held from another store.

So I can see this being a possibility if you rent in just the right time frame where it's not late enough to warrant a hold on the account before the store is completely shut down. Even if your account was put on hold and you were flagged at another store you'd easily be able to argue it by saying "Oh no, I paid that off before that store closed." It's not like they can call anyone to verify that and will probably just wave the fee if you acted indignant enough.
Unread January 31st, 2011, 05:39 PM

Also, think about this. What happens to all those people who return movies to other stores after the store has closed...Nothing. We take their movie and put it in our inventory. We don't clear any balance from the other store, or even check in the movie.

At the last store I closed I used a rewards membership and rented 11 blu-rays for $25 and they are sitting in my collection as we speak and my account is clear.
Unread January 31st, 2011, 06:12 PM

If that's the case...then I can see why this company is bankrupt. But why doesn't it surprise me..after all this is Blockbuster.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarge For This Useful Post:
Big Dog (February 1st, 2011)
Unread January 31st, 2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
At the last store I closed I used a rewards membership and rented 11 blu-rays for $25 and they are sitting in my collection as we speak and my account is clear.
To me..this also makes you a thief, because you rented them with no intention of returning them. Last person I would ever want to hire at my store. When my old store closed, I didn't take any short cuts to get free movies. I did get a lot at a discounts on the final day...all approved by liquidators.
Unread January 31st, 2011, 10:26 PM
IHBB GOD

sure, blockbuster never wants to let people KEEP the movies when the stores close, but that's blockbuster's problem. they should just be glad people are actually paying to rent them in the first place.

=3