I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Other Ranting and Raving

Unread January 25th, 2011, 02:18 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of AtlanticVamp View Post
Anyone live in Cedar Lake, IN?

I ask this because one of my customers is from there, and did something incredibly stupid. Normally, as soon as I finish a call, I completely forget about them and move on to the next call. I never remember their name or information. So, it had to be pretty bad that I can remember this lady:

Due to the snow storms about a couple weeks ago, storms that snowed in much of the Northeast, we had a lot of calls about people trying to find out how long it will take to get their orders. The weather had delayed a lot of our orders, not only because it took FedEx longer to deliver them, but our offices in MA and PA were snowed in and our employees couldn't make it in because the roads were closed. We have been explaining this and apologizing for the delays, sometimes sweetening the deal with free coffee.

Most customers were understanding. Not this lady in Cedar Lake.

She called and began being very rude, but not in an adult fashion---more like a teenaged "Mean Girl". After I tried explaining the situation to her, she kept on: "Well, I am OUT of COFFEE here! If I don't have COFFEE, you won't want to know me, and WE wouldn't want that, now WOULD WE??!?!?!?"

I blanked. My mouth was hanging open. Was this woman really threatening, BY PHONE!, to do something mean to me, all the way from INDIANA? When I caught my breath, I again apologized and offered to send her the free coffee. Nope; again with the "I'm MEAN without my COFFEE, and we wouldn't want that would WE?!?!?!" Eventually, she became so interested in getting louder with this threat of what would happen, and "we don't want that, would we?!!?!", I transferred her to Escalation.

So, if you live in or near Cedar Lake, IN, know you have a galloping bitch living there.
Sounds to me she has had to much coffe already.....
The top Poster!
The Following User Says Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
Ghost of AtlanticVamp (January 25th, 2011)
Unread January 25th, 2011, 08:27 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Sounds to me she has had to much coffe already.....
No foolin'. I've been with this company for several months and never before or since have I had someone act like that. It's crazy.
Unread January 25th, 2011, 10:33 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veruka_Salt View Post
Years ago I was working box office for an off-Broadway theatre and a woman walked up to the counter and asked my supervisor what time the show began. He replied, 8 o'clock. She then snapped back, "Well is that a.m. or p.m.?!!" We just kind of looked at each other and he politely replied p.m. LOL
Spoken like someone that never answered the phone at a video store, got asked what time you closed, said 11 (or worse yet, 10) and got asked AM or PM? Yeah, we rent videos but close before lunch

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread January 26th, 2011, 03:35 AM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
I always liked those better than the "are you open" ones. Nope, we're closed I just came in to rob the place on my day off and thought I'd answer your call whilst breaking into the safe.
Unread January 26th, 2011, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
I always liked those better than the "are you open" ones. Nope, we're closed I just came in to rob the place on my day off and thought I'd answer your call whilst breaking into the safe.

Tell me about it.

Me On Christmas = Blockbuster ______, we close at 8pm tonight, This is _____, can I help you?

Customer = Uh, yea... Uh, is this Blockbuster?

Me= ..... Yes.

Customer = Cool, dawg. Wut time do you close?

Me= Um... 8pm.

Customer = Cool. *hangs up*
Unread January 28th, 2011, 03:53 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelePizza View Post
Tell me about it.

Me On Christmas = Blockbuster ______, we close at 8pm tonight, This is _____, can I help you?

Customer = Uh, yea... Uh, is this Blockbuster?

Me= ..... Yes.

Customer = Cool, dawg. Wut time do you close?

Me= Um... 8pm.

Customer = Cool. *hangs up*
Yeah, I remember those calls. I got to where I just wouldn't answer. Controversial? Maybe, but our regulars knew we were going to be open, and the folks who called usually just wanted to cash in a gift card and had no intention of coming back.