I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 20th, 2011, 10:57 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
Okay, wtf, guys? Today I was told to give the thank you promo to EVERYONE - online, movie pass, people who are just purchasing... Quote "Because the barcode doesn't really require a $2.99 rental. Or any rental at all!"
While you can scan the thank you card on any account, I would hold off doing it for the people that are not paying for a rental. I wouldn't trust your DM with this one. I would hate to have you lose your job because of that/

Quote:
AND to tell people to come back multiple times a day for a free rentals because, again, direct quote, "You can scan the barcode more than once a day. It doesn't limit you."
You can do this, and nothing will happen to you. My store has been telling people that it is a one out at a time free 1.99/.99 movie....which means that it can be used multiple times in one day.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that's called coupon fraud. I mean, we have a shitload of barcodes that will work multiple times. And we have even more employees who've been termed for exploiting that fact!
Normally you are right, but not in the case of the Thank You cards.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread June 21st, 2011, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaroca View Post
The SM is telling you, you are doing what wrong? how you are asking? or the process which you need to follow in order to get the 1 dollar for each email?

He sends the message down through ASM's that we're doing it wrong. (and I imagine he was all red in the face and stomping his feet because he loves to accentuate his displeasure like that) ..... at it's STILL foggy as to what the procedure is.

Could someone here spell it out for me because I'm pretty sure none of us are EVER gonna get it from him.
Unread June 21st, 2011, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Okay, wtf, guys? Today I was told to give the thank you promo to EVERYONE - online, movie pass, people who are just purchasing... Quote "Because the barcode doesn't really require a $2.99 rental. Or any rental at all!"

AND to tell people to come back multiple times a day for a free rentals because, again, direct quote, "You can scan the barcode more than once a day. It doesn't limit you."

I'm pretty sure that's called coupon fraud. I mean, we have a shitload of barcodes that will work multiple times. And we have even more employees who've been termed for exploiting that fact!

Has anyone else heard this? Or has my DM been hitting the crack pipe?

Our DM told us that there's "UNLIMITED" free rentals, yet the comp only allows 7 a day. And we were told to give everyone the promo no matter what. Possibly because each store is being monitored as to how many are given out and used.
Unread June 21st, 2011, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
My store was not prepared for the fallout of summer/free rental program. We are being slammed like it's a major holiday-with the volume everyday of the Fri/Sat night crowds from years ago. We seriously need an extra person just to do the drop and run movies -forget about getting any projects done. I don't know if they've upped labor for this but it's becoming a nightmare. Seriously, when you can't even clock out to eat because there are that many people in the store-it's a joke. What's not funny however, is the bottom line. We are making practically nothing for all the work this program is causing and I know July 5th the store will not see 95% of these people again.
We were given extra labor..... one extra person to come in for the last few hours to do nothing but run movies. But we went one extra step by having that extra person relieve the others on register so they can take a break. The volume of movie returns is ridiculously HUMONGOUS
Unread June 21st, 2011, 04:26 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaroca View Post
i don"t understand what's so hard about asking for emails? about the easiest thing employees have to do.
But that on top of other things like returns, sm or sam breathing down back add a sprinkle of hostile work environment you got yourself the answer

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
Mushroom Employee (June 21st, 2011)
Unread June 21st, 2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroom Employee View Post
He sends the message down through ASM's that we're doing it wrong. (and I imagine he was all red in the face and stomping his feet because he loves to accentuate his displeasure like that) ..... at it's STILL foggy as to what the procedure is.

Could someone here spell it out for me because I'm pretty sure none of us are EVER gonna get it from him.
It's complicated. Here you go:

First, check to see if their name says "email verified". If it does, then you are done. If it does not, then press PF2, or type "premier" and press enter.

After that, when it comes to the next special screen, it will show they either have an e-mail address on their account of not. Either way, press enter or "Y" to take you to the edit screen because you have to check that #7 (whether or not we can send them e-mails) is correct too.

If there is an e-mail already there, verify that it is the correct one. If there isn't one, ask for one and update it.

Then check #7. If it says "Y" or "B", you are good. If it is blank or says "C" ("C" means they don't want e-mails from us), then you need to update it; you will need to ask the member if it's OK for us to send them e-mails and they'd need to say yes. Then you would update #7 to "2" which would make it "B". You can also ask them about our partners sending them e-mails, which would have you update #7 to "1" instead, but it's not necessary, just get them to agree to get e-mails from us.

After that, press PF1 and it will return you to the former special screen. Now, you will press "N" to the question of if you would like to edit their e-mail. Then you will press "Y" to the question of if you would like to post.

Now you will be back to the regular check-out screen and their name should say "e-mail verified". If not, then you need to re-do it until it does. If it does, then you now check to see if they're on the June program. If they already are, then you are good; you can still get the dollar. If they are not, they need to have the required rentals to start the program and then you can start it for them and scan that barcode.

Once their name says "e-mail verified" and they are on the June program, you are almost done. Now, all you have to do is scan the barcode that will give you the dollar. Then you are done! How could anyone get confused with that?
The Following User Says Thank You to lucky me For This Useful Post:
Mushroom Employee (June 21st, 2011)
Unread June 21st, 2011, 08:52 AM

There is no extra person anywhere on my store's schedule this week-in fact somehow people are working less hours and managers working alone for most of daytime Fri,Sat and Sun. We got hammered last weekend so I'm really looking forward to this weekend. If I'm by myself and get bumrushed for 6 straight hours again-I'm kicking people out and locking the doors for 15 minutes and clocking out. We seriously were so busy we couldn't even go to bathroom. Morale is so low it's not funny-people trying to give away shifts or requesting off like crazy.Why would they want us to give the pass to people who already have online? Also, why are they mystery shopping in all this chaos?
Unread June 21st, 2011, 10:55 AM

I think they're TRYING to get rid of the stores.... think about it..... mass chaos, low on employees per shift, high customer volume AND mystery shoppers...... it's a classic set up to say that the stores are failing to provide adequate customer service and move product efficiently.

I'm starting a new hobby.... VOO DOO DOLLS...... I think the best seller is gonna be the BBV/DISH doll

Gimme yer order and I'll see about having them all ready for the Christmas rush
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mushroom Employee For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (June 21st, 2011), muthaflippin (June 21st, 2011), Veruka_Salt (June 22nd, 2011)
Unread June 21st, 2011, 01:39 PM
IHBB GOD

I refuse to give out my email to BBI, I really don't care for their spam......
The top Poster!
Unread June 21st, 2011, 02:20 PM

I think maybe the hours are not been allocated properly. my store as well as the rest in our area are getting more hours in part because we are doing more transactions. When i hear that is just too busy, i can only assume that the hours available for a particular store are not being used like they should.