I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Announcements, Letters and Classic Threads > Announcements

Unread January 14th, 2013, 09:10 AM
The Owner & Grand Poobah

Website Wind-down...

Looks like we are coming to an end folks. I think come Feb/March 2013, I will be closing shop. Possibly leaving the forum up, but closed to new posts/registrations. Donations aren't what they used to be, the software is way out of date, and tired of having to check in. Feel free to comment but this is probably the end...
AbandonedDreams (January 14th, 2013), Antithesys (January 15th, 2013), DraconianSM (November 6th, 2013), HelloItsMeMOM (January 16th, 2013), inkedangel (January 20th, 2013), johnlow71 (January 17th, 2013), katiebell (January 15th, 2013), sar94pga (January 16th, 2013)
Unread January 14th, 2013, 09:49 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisedge View Post
Looks like we are coming to an end folks. I think come Feb/March 2013, I will be closing shop. Possibly leaving the forum up, but closed to new posts/registrations. Donations aren't what they used to be, the software is way out of date, and tired of having to check in. Feel free to comment but this is probably the end...
Will you hand down the site/Forum?
Unread January 14th, 2013, 02:48 PM
The Owner & Grand Poobah

No, this will always be my site. If someone wanted to start another on a different server/domain, I MIGHT link to it, but I am not selling or handing it off. Still gets tons of traffic, but not like the old days.
Unread January 15th, 2013, 01:45 PM
IHBB GOD

I will miss the old days chris , please give us a notice exactly when so we can say our goodbys
The top Poster!
The Following User Says Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (January 16th, 2013)
Unread January 15th, 2013, 04:52 PM

Is anyone planning on starting a new forum? There's probably a good free forum system somewhere that can be used.
The Following User Says Thank You to SpiceCake For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (January 20th, 2013)
Unread January 15th, 2013, 06:26 PM

Well, as the company dies ... and the stores close down, people move on. It's the nature of the beast. I think it's time.
The Following User Says Thank You to BBVTyrant For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (January 16th, 2013)
Unread January 15th, 2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVTyrant View Post
Well, as the company dies ... and the stores close down, people move on. It's the nature of the beast. I think it's time.
But that's just the thing -- it seems like there's a slim possibility that the stores could be around for the "long-haul" (I.e., 2-3 more years), and it would be weird to not have a place to discuss Dish's handling of BB and what they're rumored to have in store for the company. I guess that's just the way it is, though...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpiceCake For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (January 20th, 2013), johnlow71 (January 17th, 2013)
Unread January 16th, 2013, 01:01 AM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
SpiceCake, this website used to be a lot more than just that. It was a community and while there was a lot of BBV discussion, there was a lot of other stuff as well and many many friends. It is weird for the few of us "old schoolers" still around to log in and see 5 posts-it used to be that we could be gone only a few hours and come back to thousands. I think we have all been thinking that it has been time for us to move on. Zoo even (finally) got a facebook page.
Unread January 16th, 2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
SpiceCake, this website used to be a lot more than just that. It was a community and while there was a lot of BBV discussion, there was a lot of other stuff as well and many many friends. It is weird for the few of us "old schoolers" still around to log in and see 5 posts-it used to be that we could be gone only a few hours and come back to thousands. I think we have all been thinking that it has been time for us to move on. Zoo even (finally) got a facebook page.
I see what you mean. I guess it will just be weird to depend on Google News exclusively for news/updates regarding BB without being able to bop in and ask the few remaining "insiders" what's going on behind the scenes.
Unread January 16th, 2013, 05:30 PM
IHBB GOD

I can host but more traffic nessary

Chris tell me your platorm apache? I know this is php based but you can still run windows and yea.

But I would need input from the user base to meet thier needs in regards to forum structure

Abondonded can come to lol

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Last edited by Hot Head; January 16th, 2013 at 05:36 PM.