I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 22nd, 2005, 06:54 PM
IHBB GOD

Employee Pet Peeves

What is the thing that customers do that get on your nerves?

People who wait in a long line, and then when they step up to the counter do not have their card ready so you have to wait while they dig it out. THEN they act surprised when you ask them to pay!
Unread January 22nd, 2005, 07:55 PM

Hmm well there are a few things.

When they would ask where the movies to buy were. "Under the HUGE sign that says movie to buy"! i was very sad when we had to take that down ruined alot of my fun.

When they dive through the door at 5 till midnight screaming about how they better not be late even though it was due 12 hours prior <kinda sad thats gone with no late fees now"

Bringing cover boxes up to me to see if its in because they have the memory of a goldfish and cant make it to the front without forgetting the title.

My favorite annoying thing has to be i dont have my card though or for that matter my license, or any proof of who i am but you just have to rent to me ill give you my name and address. They get pretty ticked when i tell them no, even more so when i tell them its for the customers safety, and usually end up raving when i tell them their neighbor knows their name and adress to should i let them rent as well.

Anyway im tired, been snowing here all day on the plus side i got to close early.
Unread January 22nd, 2005, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos

When they would ask where the movies to buy were. "Under the HUGE sign that says movie to buy"! i was very sad when we had to take that down ruined alot of my fun.

When they dive through the door at 5 till midnight screaming about how they better not be late even though it was due 12 hours prior <kinda sad thats gone with no late fees now"

Bringing cover boxes up to me to see if its in because they have the memory of a goldfish and cant make it to the front without forgetting the title.

My favorite annoying thing has to be i dont have my card though or for that matter my license, or any proof of who i am but you just have to rent to me ill give you my name and address. They get pretty ticked when i tell them no, even more so when i tell them its for the customers safety, and usually end up raving when i tell them their neighbor knows their name and adress to should i let them rent as well.

Anyway im tired, been snowing here all day on the plus side i got to close early.
god that pisses me off. they always get so pissy when we dont let them rent with no proof of id. and then they ask "well can i sign up for a new membership?" right...

or when they're trying to sign up for a new membership and they have no secondary id. well, why do you need a secondary id? you've got my drivers license. why do you need some way of making sure i dont rent your movies and never bring them back with no repercussions whatsoever? or, when they get pissed off that they cant get a membership and they're like 16?

my personal favorite - what do you mean i need a membership to rent? why do i need a membership? so mean i cant get those?
Unread January 22nd, 2005, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbvASMric
my personal favorite - what do you mean i need a membership to rent? why do i need a membership? so mean i cant get those?
well there is one to add to my list now, you reminded me.

when they come in thinking that they can use the giftcard to rent. I should specify that ONLY the giftcard. Doesnt matter how you explain it some of them are convinced I can do it for them. "I dont want to fill out an App, i have THIS!!" <waves giftcard at me>. Grrr
Unread January 22nd, 2005, 09:11 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos

Thats exactly what I was going to say.

2. The "My phone number is ...."

3. Spit sunflower seeds on the floor.
Unread January 22nd, 2005, 09:27 PM

People that bitch at me that we don't have enough copies of a movie in like it's personaly my fault that they can't get the movies they want. I really don't want to work next weekend. We got only 20 copies of Alien vs. Predator, and you know that everyone is going to want it. I am seriously thinking about taking down every sign and every poster we have for the movie when I get in on Friday and seeing if that gets some people off my back.
Unread January 22nd, 2005, 09:54 PM
IHBB GOD

I like Kottons idea of making up a sign that says we are out of it. No wait....you could put it HUGE neon flashing lights and they still wouldn't see it.
Unread January 22nd, 2005, 10:02 PM
IHBB GOD

"What if I don't have a widescreen tv?"

"I don't have a credit card. I don't BELIEVE in credit cards." (They do exist! I've got two in my pocket right now!)

"Is there a trick to opening these DVDs?"

"You guys been busy tonight?" (Nah. You only imagined that you waited in line for twenty minutes during a blizzard on Saturday night)

"Can you open these PRPs to check if they look okay? I brought up 50 of each copy just in case."
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread January 22nd, 2005, 10:03 PM

my list of pet peeves

1. When movie pass customers just put the stack of movies on the counter and walk away
2. When people put the movies 2 inches in front of my face when im busy doing something on the computer
3. When people say " I dont have my card" and just stand there and expect me to know who they are and im supossed to do the rest and then act suprised when i ask for id
4. When people come in and im helping a customer on the computer and stand at the other counter by the door (in my store its behind me) and say "excuse me, hey buddy, over here, hey hey!"
5. When i tell people they have a late fee and i tell them it was late and all the say is "no" i tell them again the times and days they were checked in and they say "no, no no" and then say "you take that off your wrong its all your fault"
6. kids that come in with thier parents card and have no money at all or want a r rated movie and then go out to the car and have thier parents come in and yell at me
7. Movie pass customers that come up and say "swap this now" and waive the movies in my face
8. When im using a computer for drop box and people ignore my sign that says next register and come up and waive thier movies in my face and when i say " im not open" they usually have one of 2 replies "yes you are" or "im not waiting for the other register"
9. When customers try to explain how the plan is (mostly pass) and act like im stupid or this is my first time doing a pass swap "ok now we are going to return these, here you go, and now im going to take these, i have the plan and it says i can take out 2 at a time, and no due dates, do you know what im talking about" NO I DONT IVE NEVER HEARD OF IT PLEASE EXPLAIN THE CONCEPT TO ME!!
10. When a customers card is declined and they say "that cant be, try it agian" and after several tries the pay cash and say "its not my card you must be doing it wrong" NOPE SORRY, CREDIT CARD DECLINED 10 TIMES, ITS NOT ME ITS YOU, PAY YOUR FUCKING BILLS!!

My store is in a rich area so that adds to the fun, anyways those are my top 10
Unread January 22nd, 2005, 10:07 PM
IHBB GOD

I also like when the satellites are slow or down. You scan a Rewards card, it takes two minutes to pull up the account. You scan their shit, you hit Total, and it takes two minutes AGAIN.

Then after two minutes it says "could not retrieve Rewards information." You hit Enter, and it prompts for a free rental anyway!

The acronym POS is deliciously ironic.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.