I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Other Ranting and Raving

Unread July 8th, 2007, 12:01 AM
IHBB GOD

Why don't people want to talk to me?

I have people on my AIM buddy list, my MSN buddy list, my Yahoo buddy list, and no one wants to talk to me unless I talk to them.

I'm always the one who has to initiate the conversation, and they're always the ones to say goodbye. It annoys the hell out of me. It's the same way with people I meet offline. Nobody calls me. Nobody wants to talk to me.

They also seem to enjoy my presence... and they don't seem particularly eager to leave, but they aren't terribly interested in the process of... well, initiating anything. If I didn't say anything to them, I have a feeling it would be a few days before anyone would ever message me.

There are a few exceptions, and I'm grateful for them. And by exceptions I'm not talking about my immediate family, because I'm not including them here anyway --

Sigh...

(Don't reply with any bullshit please. I'm not up for it. And by bullhshit, I also mean don't reply with any of that crap like, "Ooooh, we love you!" IE, anything you say that you're saying to try to make me feel better is bullshit.)
Unread July 8th, 2007, 12:12 AM
IHBB GOD

I feel the same way a lot of times, but the truth is, and I'm being honest here, is that (and I can kind of guess this because of your thread the other day) you're feeling lonely and looking too much into things like this. I don't know if you're just talking about right now, which - if so, it's late, so a lot of people are probably signed on, but fast asleep, or just busy. I know I personally always have Trillian on just in case someone wants to message me.

I think there's just a communication shutdown lately - we all wait to be called, or talked to, but often don't think of making that first step ourselves. It's not just you, it's just the way it is lately. But you're feeling shitty right now, and taking it personally, when I really don't think you should.

So my "advice" is don't take it so hard. It's likely just that you're seeing the situation through the "glasses" of someone who is feeling lonely and everything looks worse than it is, and everything seems to have more meaning than it does.

Sorry you're feeling bad, believe me - I understand. It's been a really really rough week my way and I do understand.

- Felicity
Unread July 8th, 2007, 12:16 AM
IHBB GOD

What do yall talk about, in general, when you do talk? is it idle chitchat? complaining? politics? religion? work? news? fashion ? could it be that so many people have the attention span of a fly? i'm serious, by the way, not making fun. talk to ME hon...

RIP Dawd March 08, 2008
Unread July 8th, 2007, 12:25 AM
IHBB GOD

Write me a poem Wrong Heaven. Not for me, but just write one, and send it to me in a private message. That way you won't be holding back in your writing, because you won't be letting everyone read it, just me.

Vixen - Do you have a nice voice?
Unread July 8th, 2007, 12:26 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by igniteice View Post
Do you have a nice voice?
...I think i do. but there's only one way to know for sure. just let me know, cause my cell blocks calls when i'm online...

RIP Dawd March 08, 2008
Unread July 8th, 2007, 12:35 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Unblock calls, I want to hear your voice.
...I'm signing off as soon as i hit submit, then my phone will be open...

RIP Dawd March 08, 2008
Unread July 8th, 2007, 03:32 AM
IHBB GOD

DONT DO IT IG!! - she'll make you join her cult

Lets hope Ig has more luck getting a reply than poor Ozzie...
IHBB QUEEN and Legendary Top Poster
Quote of the week:
Valentines day special: Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm screwing your best mate; the rumours were true....
Unread July 8th, 2007, 10:10 AM
IHBB GOD

She's not in a cult... ;-P

She's pretty fucking normal.
Unread July 8th, 2007, 10:57 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Why don't people want to talk to me?

I have people on my AIM buddy list, my MSN buddy list, my Yahoo buddy list, and no one wants to talk to me unless I talk to them.

I'm always the one who has to initiate the conversation, and they're always the ones to say goodbye. It annoys the hell out of me. It's the same way with people I meet offline. Nobody calls me. Nobody wants to talk to me.

They also seem to enjoy my presence... and they don't seem particularly eager to leave, but they aren't terribly interested in the process of... well, initiating anything. If I didn't say anything to them, I have a feeling it would be a few days before anyone would ever message me.

There are a few exceptions, and I'm grateful for them. And by exceptions I'm not talking about my immediate family, because I'm not including them here anyway --

Sigh...

(Don't reply with any bullshit please. I'm not up for it. And by bullhshit, I also mean don't reply with any of that crap like, "Ooooh, we love you!" IE, anything you say that you're saying to try to make me feel better is bullshit.)
Holy crap! This is almost identical to a message I posted in the premium forum last week. People suck - sometimes I think everyone around me must have been raised in a barn or at the very lease taught no social skills at all.

Whatever you do, don't move to L.A.
Unread July 8th, 2007, 12:34 PM
IHBB GOD

I never used to initiate conversations on MSN, back when I used to use it. In fact, I was a terrible MSNer all round, I used to end up with so many conversations on the go, that I got fed up with it, and I'd spent way too long online, and not get anything done.

I think a lot of people generally don't start conversations. It's quite common. I only really started conversations either out of boredom, or if I hadn't seen that person log-on for a while (you probably get used to them always being there). Either that, or there was something I wanted to ask them.

I used to be into chatting to people online in a big way, but, I don't know... I got kind of bored of it, I don't know why.