I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 27th, 2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemason220 View Post
Well I went into my store to grab a rental and found out that NO ONE is renting. They are told about the 1 day rental for 2.99 and simply say "no" and walk out.

These rental terms are completely idiotic. I understand the need to reduce the price, but don't reduce the VALUE at the same time.

The question I posed to my DM is this:

"Why would anyone come in here and rent for 2.99 for 1 day when they can go to redbox and get that same movie for a dollar? Except for those titles that we have a 28 day window on."

I got a blank stare and no answer as I expected.

The situation grows worse by the day at my store. We have no store manager now....The Dm is telling the ASM that we were over the top about the water situation and we could have used portable toilets and buckets of water for the toilets.

The following is something I need to vent....

FUCK YOU YOU INCONSIDERATE CUNT!!!! WALK A GODDAMN MILE IN OUR SHOES AND TELL ME WE WERE OVER THE TOP!!! GO PISS IN THE BUSHES OUT BACK BITCH AND TELL ME WE WENT TOO FAR!!! YOU SEND 30 DOLLARS BY CHECK (who the fuck mails a check now a days anyway?) WHEN THEN BILL WAS 176!!! IF I DID NOTHING AND RELIED ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF IT THEN WE WOULD STILL BE SATURATING THE BUSHES!!!! DON'T FUCKING QUESTION OUR LOYALTY WHEN YOU CORPORATE TWATS CANT DO SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS PAY THE FUCKING UTILITY BILL!!!!!!!

End of Venting...

Anyway my point was the rental terms suck and do nothing for the customers when you remove value with price...
Call the Health Dept and the Labor board. Problem will be solved in about 2 days.
Unread May 27th, 2011, 10:26 AM

People were actually coming into your store? First customer in the door yesterday was after the store had been open for 3 hours. So funny that we got retail of Gnomeo and I Am 4 yesterday but no rentals. Redbox and the local library have never seen so much activity from me-it's a shame the library carries movies we don't (New Releases like Rabbit Hole and Somewhere) and has more copy depth! Oh yeah, and as long as you get it back on the due date it cost you NOTHING!
The Following User Says Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (May 27th, 2011)
Unread May 27th, 2011, 11:13 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
We ARE pulling off of register upsell on confection bundles and other promos so employees can focus on delivering a great customer experience, explaining the new terms and due dates, and encourage customers to use their June Free Rental Offer. Please DO NOT have any home grown coupons or offers out in employees hands until further notice! This is an actives drive, not a revenue drive, and the customer experience is the only focus during the interaction!
It seem they listen this time! Bring them back but don't also upsell them crap. Its a turn off. This is work from the Jedi Counsel
Unread May 27th, 2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:

These rental terms are completely idiotic. I understand the need to reduce the price, but don't reduce the VALUE at the same time.
The Dm is telling the ASM that we were over the top about the water situation and we could have used portable toilets and buckets of water for the toilets.
WTF????? THAT DM NEEDS TO BE FIRED!!!!!

Be sure and have that DM tell the customer who asks to use the restroom, I am sorry we don't have a working toilet at the moment but you are more than welcome to use the BUCKET.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to its_me_ASM69 For This Useful Post:
Glass Half Empty (May 27th, 2011), MamaSmurf (May 27th, 2011), Thenigerian (May 27th, 2011)
Unread May 27th, 2011, 01:18 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:

The situation grows worse by the day at my store. We have no store manager now....The Dm is telling the ASM that we were over the top about the water situation and we could have used portable toilets and buckets of water for the toilets.

Damn, I can't believe a DM suggested that O_O...buckets of water! Where would you get any water if they shut down your water. You should document what your DM said and send to the RDO or HR that the situation has not been solved and the DM needs help. Heres a joke!

Tell customers they have to buy at least 3-4 bottle of water before using to the bathroom so they can flush there crap. Get your sells up!
or
Use all the expire soda,water, vitamin water, and other crap to flush down the crap lol Your DM would probably have a heart attack

The new terms should have been this

1 day-----Just Arrived: $2.99/ .99cents additional day
3 day-----New Release $2.99/ .99cents additional day
3 day-----Top Pick $2.99/ .99cents additional day
3 day-----BSI .99cents/ .33cents additional day

If Blockbuster is changing terms, that means the Studios agreements must be back to normal now. It would be unwise to change terms and still get New Releases late. I guess I was right, Business would be back to normal at the end of May.
Unread May 27th, 2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
It seem they listen this time! Bring them back but don't also upsell them crap. Its a turn off. This is work from the Jedi Counsel
Oh darn, now I don't get to walk around the store Friday/Saturday nights picking up all the flyers that we were FORCED to hand out and that people leave sitting on the shelves because they came to Blockbuster to get a movie-not to be chased around the store and upsold to......
The Following User Says Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
muthaflippin (May 27th, 2011)
Unread May 27th, 2011, 02:22 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Damn, I can't believe a DM suggested that O_O...buckets of water! Where would you get any water if they shut down your water. You should document what your DM said and send to the RDO or HR that the situation has not been solved and the DM needs help. Heres a joke!

Tell customers they have to buy at least 3-4 bottle of water before using to the bathroom so they can flush there crap. Get your sells up!
or
Use all the expire soda,water, vitamin water, and other crap to flush down the crap lol Your DM would probably have a heart attack

The new terms should have been this

1 day-----Just Arrived: $2.99/ .99cents additional day
3 day-----New Release $2.99/ .99cents additional day
3 day-----Top Pick $2.99/ .99cents additional day
3 day-----BSI .99cents/ .33cents additional day

If Blockbuster is changing terms, that means the Studios agreements must be back to normal now. It would be unwise to change terms and still get New Releases late. I guess I was right, Business would be back to normal at the end of May.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread May 27th, 2011, 03:38 PM

Most people don't seem to mind the terms change so far at my store. A couple people were like "what?? Due back tomorrow??" but when you explain how it would be the same price to keep it for three days under the new terms as it was under the old terms, they come around. People were ecstatic over the $.99 BSI.

Disclaimer: The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's or Dish Network's positions, strategies or opinions, because they are all a bunch of dickless idiots.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlockbusterLuvsU For This Useful Post:
muthaflippin (May 27th, 2011), underemployed (May 28th, 2011)
Unread May 27th, 2011, 04:18 PM

this REALLY sucks at my store because we were one of the ones that had 2.99 new releases no matter how old for 3 days. Couldnt be worse for our store.
Unread May 27th, 2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
What do you mean?