I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 8th, 2011, 10:30 PM
IHBB GOD

Time For A Round Of Introductions

Since I have no doubt Dish execs are reading here perhaps we should all introduce ourselves.
Unread April 8th, 2011, 10:39 PM
IHBB GOD

Hi. I'm Mom. I hate Blockbuster. Why, you ask? Because they destroyed an industry that I love with their greed. Now that they have gone bankrupt and you have purchased them I feel in a way that the losses that I and so many of my independent video store owner friends have endured have been avenged.

And so, I shall extend my hand in warm greeting. It is nice to meet you. There is an amazing group of people who post here that really care about their jobs at the new company that you are forming.

Read what they have to say. Don't make the same mistakes BBi did. No one knows your customers and stores like the very people who work in them all week long.

Oh, and as for my friend 482, give him a huge raise. You can take the money from Jim. That is, if you plan on keeping Jim. As for me I'd show him the door and put someone in there that cares about your employees, for a happy employee who loves their job will make you far more money than anyone who thinks pickles is the answer.

Best wishes to you.
MOM
AbandonedDreams (April 9th, 2011), abhorrent scowl (April 9th, 2011), almondSM (April 10th, 2011), Big Dog (April 9th, 2011), charlied72 (April 9th, 2011), djsdojo (April 10th, 2011), getoffmybeach (April 17th, 2011), Glass Half Empty (April 19th, 2011), johnlow71 (April 13th, 2011), Just Breathe 09 (April 9th, 2011), katiebell (April 10th, 2011), muthaflippin (April 22nd, 2011), OzMan (April 8th, 2011), SuspectRoll (April 9th, 2011), Thanatos (April 19th, 2011), TheAnomaly (April 11th, 2011), UkBuddy (April 13th, 2011), UnderPressure (April 9th, 2011), Veruka_Salt (April 11th, 2011), Woodstock (April 9th, 2011)
Unread April 8th, 2011, 11:06 PM
IHBB GOD

Hi, I'm OzMan. I could say everything Mum said, and more. However, I bite back, and have been one of the many thorns in BBI's side (obviously, I would be a complete and total idiot to give you too much details, and if there is one thing I am NOT, it's complete and total .... but let me say, although I doubt EVERYONE at BBI would recognise my name, there are at least a couple who probably would say "oh, him")

All I can really say is, welcome, good luck, and try not to bugger it up too badly. Good and fair competition is good for everyone. It's when the 800kg gorilla is vain AND stupid that you have trouble. And BBI was vain and stupid for way too long.

--Helena Bonham Carter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OzMan For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (April 9th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (April 9th, 2011)
Unread April 9th, 2011, 05:35 AM
IHBB GOD

Hi! I'm zooworker. Exemployee after 12 ears of service with BBI. Was let go due their nasty practices with employees, wouldn't put up with the crap. I do hope BBI comes out a changed company and gives their store workers respect and long over due rasies.
The top Poster!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (April 9th, 2011), muthaflippin (April 22nd, 2011), Woodstock (April 9th, 2011)
Unread April 9th, 2011, 05:44 AM

I am Freemason. I am currently working as a SL at my store. I am happily awaiting positive changes in the stores. I am done with outdated goals and will only meet the customers immediate entertainment needs.

For the love of all that is holy, please do away with goals on candy bundles. Let us run our stores and get the DM's off of our asses. We know what needs to be done without having our jobs threatened every day of every week.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Freemason220 For This Useful Post:
djsdojo (April 10th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (April 9th, 2011), katiebell (April 10th, 2011), muthaflippin (April 22nd, 2011)
Unread April 9th, 2011, 06:20 AM

I'm easy1234. My story is much like zooworker's. Loyal employee for more than a decade. Screwed over by the company. I hope for those left's sake, Dish cleans house above the store level and gets rid of the hostile work environment!
Unread April 9th, 2011, 07:23 AM
IHBB GOD

hi dish.

i once was a customer of yours. so yeah, my faith in your ability to do anything... hmm, let's just say ANYTHING is very very small.

=3
Unread April 9th, 2011, 07:31 AM
IHBB GOD

Fuck dish network they fucked up my house and had to pay for it. The installer doesn't know about building materials and density....A bunch of fucking idiots work for Dish on the lower end.

I also dislike the workers that work for dishnetwork installation/ the service of dish network.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Last edited by Hot Head; April 9th, 2011 at 07:37 AM.
Unread April 9th, 2011, 08:38 AM

Hi Im Just Breathe, Ive been with Blockbuster almost ten years and I want this company to get back to its grass roots and start using the technology to give our customers what they want and come for, Great movies, great service and hassel free shopping. As for us workers who go to battle everyday we all are overdue for a wage increase, especially Blockbusterstore482 who should be promoted to at least VP if not CEO cause if Jim Keyes can do it , Blockbusterstore482 can probably do it better and actually get things moving and plus I think he knows more about what people want, they want as a customer and as a worker. I also want to point out we need better health care benefits and better rules especially if you live in an area where they might have to drive on ice covered roads, SAFETY first, Also we need to have a better check out system, the drawer shouldnt open unless we are putting a signed slip for a purchase in it, we should also be able to order things for consumers and have proper concessions that fit where the store is located. Pickles belong in the grocery store or at that old Stop N Go I used to go to in Texas. We also need to end the endless paper work and go paperless, give ALL employees work related email address especially for communication purposes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just Breathe 09 For This Useful Post:
getoffmybeach (April 17th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (April 9th, 2011)
Unread April 9th, 2011, 03:25 PM

Hello, I'm threefortenfifty. I've been with Blockbuster for 3 years and I came back on here today to find out what's going on with this Dish network malarky after getting a voicemail from Martin Higgins saying we'd been bought.

If you are reading this Dish, could you please allow us to change our old passwords back? Typing in my employee ID twice was so much easier.