I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 1st, 2013, 09:50 PM

Your prediction: When will Dish announce the next round of store closures?

I figure that, since the forum is still around, I might as well pose this question to you guys since it seems like it's the only relevant BB-related question left to ask: when do you guys think Dish will announce the next round of store closures?

Personally, I'm a little surprised they haven't made another announcement already. I imagine one will be made during late April or early May, or at least by early June. I don't think it will be the announcement that sees all the remaining stores close, but I think it will be the next-to-last announcement.

So what are your guys' predictions?
Unread April 1st, 2013, 10:06 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Tomorrow. .
Unread April 1st, 2013, 10:27 PM

You think Dish will really announce store closings tomorrow, or you think the plug will be pulled on IHBB tomorrow? LOL, do you have insider BB information to share?
Unread April 2nd, 2013, 06:48 AM

This is merely a guess, but I don't think there's going to be another round of massive closures, at least not for awhile. I think it'll be store by store as their leases end. I still keep in touch with a couple of people in my old district, and this last round of staggered closures (in their district anyway) were all stores that originally showed up on that huge list when Dish first took over but were ultimately "saved" when their leases were renegotiated for two more years. Those new leases are up, so they're closing. And they just found out that one more store, whose lease is up in June, will begin their liquidation sale this month. If that's the way it goes, three more in that district would close by the end of the summer, leaving six or so whose leases don't end until something crazy like 2016. My guess is they'll be on the next, and final, round of mass closures whenever Dish decides to pull the plug.
Unread April 2nd, 2013, 10:57 AM

What's kind of interesting to me is that for one store in my area (supposedly the third or fourth best-performing store in the nation), they actually renegotiated the lease to end in March 2014. And every time I go by there, it is STILL crowded and has a line. It's like this area is in some sort of time warp. I wouldn't be surprised if Dish decides to keep open a few stores like that one just for the hell of it, even after all the other stores have closed.
Unread April 2nd, 2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiceCake View Post
What's kind of interesting to me is that for one store in my area (supposedly the third or fourth best-performing store in the nation), they actually renegotiated the lease to end in March 2014. And every time I go by there, it is STILL crowded and has a line. It's like this area is in some sort of time warp. I wouldn't be surprised if Dish decides to keep open a few stores like that one just for the hell of it, even after all the other stores have closed.
I wouldn't take that too much to heart. We had stores that had lines, busy all that jazz but... closed... gone. That isn't going to make much of a difference in the long run. For now... they are most likely okay but just because they have lines and all that jazz won't play a factor in it when there time comes.
AbandonedDreams (April 3rd, 2013)
Unread April 2nd, 2013, 11:04 AM
IHBB GOD

sept / oct bye bye all gone my guess.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnlow71 For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (April 3rd, 2013), inkedangel (April 2nd, 2013)
Unread April 3rd, 2013, 05:56 AM
IHBB GOD

Welcome back HH, that's what we will remember about you
The top Poster!
Unread April 3rd, 2013, 06:47 AM

Heck, I enjoy posting here and keeping up the chatter -- I guess the reason Chris hasn't posted an announcement about someone paying the monthly server bill, and yet he still hasn't shut down the site must be because he wants to keep the site open... ?
The Following User Says Thank You to SpiceCake For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (April 24th, 2013)
Unread April 3rd, 2013, 07:10 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiceCake View Post
Heck, I enjoy posting here and keeping up the chatter -- I guess the reason Chris hasn't posted an announcement about someone paying the monthly server bill, and yet he still hasn't shut down the site must be because he wants to keep the site open... ?
It's just a matter of time now, maybe his subscription runs out April15th, tax day
The top Poster!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (April 3rd, 2013), inkedangel (April 3rd, 2013)