I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 3rd, 2011, 08:43 PM
Member formerly known as Lycanthor...

Exclamation April 4th Auction News

Quote:
Please take notice that the Auction is currently scheduled to be conducted at 10:00 a.m. (New York Time) on April 4, 2011 at the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, Alexander Hamilton Custom House, One Bowling Green, New York, New York 10004, Courtroom 623 (the “Bankruptcy Court”), at which time all “Qualified Bidders” (as such term is defined in the Bid Procedures) may bid and participate pursuant to the terms of the Bid Procedures.
As of 4/3/2011 the parties that we are fairly certain will be bidding tomorrow are:

Carl Icahn
Dish Network / Echostar
South Korea Telecom

Has anyone heard of any others?

Please post any reputable news as you hear it in this thread tomorrow.
Unread April 4th, 2011, 04:41 AM

I hope it is Dish Network. I would love for them to take over and try to get on their installation team. I would love to do that kind of work plus I bet you get paid more.

We have Dish Network/Direct TV in a single building here, which looks terrible. They could give that shitty place to Direct TV and move Dish to our location. It would be a great change of pace, and no more insanity.

What about everyone else?

Who do you want?
Unread April 4th, 2011, 05:53 AM
IHBB Freak

Among the choices, I would say Dish too. Maybe we can get a discount on their service so I can finally drop that over-priced piece of crap cable provider I use.

Just curious, but does Dish also handle internet service? I'm thinking no...
Unread April 4th, 2011, 05:57 AM

Any bets on who will buy BBV Canada? Lots of speculation going around the stores up here.
Unread April 4th, 2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veruka_Salt View Post
Among the choices, I would say Dish too. Maybe we can get a discount on their service so I can finally drop that over-priced piece of crap cable provider I use.

Just curious, but does Dish also handle internet service? I'm thinking no...
They sure don't.
Unread April 4th, 2011, 06:27 AM
IHBB GOD

Those of you who want DISH NETWORK to buy you out. never went through the years of having to sell Direct TV. Golas Goals Golas....customers pissed when the have a problem and want you to solve it. Only good thing about it then was the commision we got for the sales/
The top Poster!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (April 4th, 2011), its_me_ASM69 (April 4th, 2011), johnlow71 (April 4th, 2011), orbitdvd (April 4th, 2011), Propoxy (April 4th, 2011), psycoma (April 4th, 2011)
Unread April 4th, 2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Those of you who want DISH NETWORK to buy you out. never went through the years of having to sell Direct TV. Golas Goals Golas....customers pissed when the have a problem and want you to solve it. Only good thing about it then was the commision we got for the sales/
I'm hoping that if Dish wins that I can get out of sales and go straight into installation or non-sales area.
Unread April 4th, 2011, 07:02 AM
IHBB Freak

Freemason, I don't know about where you are but I know that AT&T is CONSTANTLY looking for installers for their fledgling cable operation.
Unread April 4th, 2011, 07:58 AM

Doesn't look like we will know anything any time soon today. Here is the latest via video from CNBC.

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/finance/exter...o%7C&par=yahoo
The Following User Says Thank You to BBStoreMgr112233 For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (April 4th, 2011)
Unread April 4th, 2011, 08:15 AM
IHBB Freak

Once again, don't think that Dish Network will make everything ok for the stores.

There are already authorized dealers all across the country. What happens to them?

If they decided to keep some of the stores, would they be the same size? How much rental product would stay? Zoo is right, I remember selling Direct TVs. Wasn't easy, especially being in an urban/suburban area where cable has already integrated bundle offers.

As for installing them, I would seriously reconsider. I've known several people to work for Charter, Dish and Direct TV. TERRIBLE pay, horrendous conditions, and in some cases, downright dangerous areas (think Deliverance).