I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > News

Unread April 15th, 2009, 12:27 PM
IHBB GOD

i've actually received plenty of business cards from customers for job opportunities because of how impressed they were of how i handled situations. it's kind of funny how they slyly do it as to not catch attention because, at times, it feels like they are kind of insulting you. i've never been offended by it and was instead very intrigued, but never followed through as it probably wouldn't work for me in the current situation i'm in. so yeah, i don't agree that it's a matter of luck. there are so many other blockbuster stores that i go to and see a lack of enthusiasm and failure to engage customers into a sell. a couple of my coworkers have started going monotone on me, and i point it out to them in front of my customers because i hate to present that standard when i've worked my ass off to retain those customers.

and sar, i do understand it, but it seems that there is that continuing lack of honest communication. of all the stores that closed in my district within the last year, only one was communicated to have been due to poor numbers. every other store was discussed as having had their lease end and renewal was dismissed because of a rise in the rate. i still found it shocking that stores like that are provided with more than enough resources to do well but the bottom line isn't strong enough.

seriously though, this store had the works. they had this high class laminating machine. we don't even have a working copy machine! they even had mirrors on the ceiling to help them detect theft! do you KNOW how much that would help us?
Unread April 15th, 2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
i've actually received plenty of business cards from customers for job opportunities because of how impressed they were of how i handled situations. it's kind of funny how they slyly do it as to not catch attention because, at times, it feels like they are kind of insulting you. i've never been offended by it and was instead very intrigued, but never followed through as it probably wouldn't work for me in the current situation i'm in. so yeah, i don't agree that it's a matter of luck. there are so many other blockbuster stores that i go to and see a lack of enthusiasm and failure to engage customers into a sell. a couple of my coworkers have started going monotone on me, and i point it out to them in front of my customers because i hate to present that standard when i've worked my ass off to retain those customers.

and sar, i do understand it, but it seems that there is that continuing lack of honest communication. of all the stores that closed in my district within the last year, only one was communicated to have been due to poor numbers. every other store was discussed as having had their lease end and renewal was dismissed because of a rise in the rate. i still found it shocking that stores like that are provided with more than enough resources to do well but the bottom line isn't strong enough.

seriously though, this store had the works. they had this high class laminating machine. we don't even have a working copy machine! they even had mirrors on the ceiling to help them detect theft! do you KNOW how much that would help us?

That's why mine is about to close. Landlord is doubling the rent (basically forcing us out), so it no longer made sense to stay open with business going downhill.
Unread April 15th, 2009, 01:46 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
Agreed. When you are on the phone, ringing up one customer and taking care of another, people in line are taking notice. IF you are good at it. There's no better way to show off your skills than a busy Saturday night.

Once again, you'd better find out when your store's lease is up. If BBV survives, they might need to close a bunch of store in a hurry.
Unread April 15th, 2009, 03:51 PM
IHBB Freak

If not, best find a better strip mall to have a store in.

That's the "idiot tax". It's our fee for having to put up with your stupid questions.
And for everything else... there's Mastercard.
Unread April 15th, 2009, 07:14 PM
IHBB Freak

You get what you deserve. Until the company stops with the constant policy changes.... a confused customer is an annoyed customer.
Unread April 16th, 2009, 06:15 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutztomerControl View Post
You get what you deserve. Until the company stops with the constant policy changes.... a confused customer is an annoyed customer.
that explains it
Unread April 16th, 2009, 06:21 PM
IHBB GOD

Now ya'll have got me coinfused.......
The top Poster!
The Following User Says Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (April 17th, 2009)
Unread April 16th, 2009, 08:09 PM
IHBB Freak

I mean everyone has their own gripes..and can dislike this company..but i sure dont want to be out of a job..
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread April 17th, 2009, 03:51 AM
IHBB GOD

yeah our store has a few cracks but its only outside on sidewalk as you walk inside
Unread April 17th, 2009, 07:41 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutztomerControl View Post
My sister is a SM at a franchise, and she and her DM refuse to changer their own policies to what BB has because it's just too damned confusing.

She keeps calling me asking me what this email means "What 5 day period? What $1.00 day thing are they talking about?" "Why are my customers asking me for a 5 day rental?"

She's just as pissed as her customers are because she's losing customers because she can't accustom (sp?) to BB new policy b/c it's too damn confusing and it's changing all the damned time.

That's the "idiot tax". It's our fee for having to put up with your stupid questions.
And for everything else... there's Mastercard.