I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 9th, 2007, 12:44 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_ASM View Post
why did he get fired? was it his tilt? did he get caught on the camera? did he have a history? there is so much you can take into perspective.
Of course, stealing from others tills when closing.
The top Poster!
Unread June 9th, 2007, 01:11 PM

there you go...that's why most stores have 3 to 5 cameras. last night it wasn't my till, and we don't count the tills when we transfer from morning shift to afternoon (which i think is wrong since you will never be able to find the right person)
Unread June 9th, 2007, 01:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to CureForEmo
Quote:
why did he get fired? was it his tilt? did he get caught on the camera? did he have a history? there is so much you can take into perspective.
Basically what you're asking with is can you get away with 50 bucks here and there. The answer is no, you cannot. There are too many safeguards in place.

If they can verify you stole the money, you'll be fired for theft. If that can't be confirmed, you'll just be fired for incompetence for letting that much money walk away on your watch.

And finally, learn to type. People would be more willing to offer legitimate responses if you used standard English and entire words.
Unread June 9th, 2007, 01:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to CureForEmo
Quote:
there you go...that's why most stores have 3 to 5 cameras. last night it wasn't my till, and we don't count the tills when we transfer from morning shift to afternoon (which i think is wrong since you will never be able to find the right person)
As a manager, if you don't count behind your people you're saying that you trust them (not just integrity-wise, but beyond the possibility of unintentional human error) and will take responsiblity for that till. Supposedly you're an ASM, so don't start pointing fingers in other directions with this "we" garbage. If you think it's "wrong" then count the till. It takes all of a minute to do, and anything else is just plain lazy.
Unread June 9th, 2007, 01:29 PM
IHBB Freak

The_ASM... elitist are rampant on any forum. You should know that... Of course they always know more than you and are better than you and always defend each other. Typical Internet Turf Wars. You know how it works.
Unread June 9th, 2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CureForEmo View Post
Basically what you're asking with is can you get away with 50 bucks here and there. The answer is no, you cannot. There are too many safeguards in place.

If they can verify you stole the money, you'll be fired for theft. If that can't be confirmed, you'll just be fired for incompetence for letting that much money walk away on your watch.

And finally, learn to type. People would be more willing to offer legitimate responses if you used standard English and entire words.
wtf are you talking about? no i'm not asking if someone could get away with 50 or not. one of my CSR till is $50, all i asked is what kind of actions will be taken. it could be the csr or the sales manager in the morning. wtf does it have to do with me? how will you be able to prevent 50 theft...are you able to watchdog a csr for the entire shift on a freaking friday night? wow... you either are just talking out of your ass or just joining the others.

all i did was ask a question on these forums...i get people with homosexual eradications, i get accused of theft (wtf?), i gte people who tell me i don't know how to count...this shit is hopeless.
Unread June 9th, 2007, 02:26 PM

Quote:
wtf are you talking about? no i'm not asking if someone could get away with 50 or not. one of my CSR till is $50, all i asked is what kind of actions will be taken. it could be the csr or the sales manager in the morning. wtf does it have to do with me? how will you be able to prevent 50 theft...are you able to watchdog a csr for the entire shift on a freaking friday night? wow... you either are just talking out of your ass or just joining the others.

all i did was ask a question on these forums...i get people with homosexual eradications, i get accused of theft (wtf?), i gte people who tell me i don't know how to count...this shit is hopeless.
whinerrrr.
just leave then.
Unread June 9th, 2007, 02:39 PM
IHBB GOD

So the_ASM is not actually an ASM (SSM)? W/e. Already blocked. So please stop responding to the troll. Kthxlol.
Unread June 9th, 2007, 03:51 PM

^^^ Wow...
Unread June 9th, 2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreKeith View Post
So the_ASM is not actually an ASM (SSM)? W/e. Already blocked. So please stop responding to the troll. Kthxlol.
Exactly what I thought when I read that it was the ASM's till that was short but not his.

As far as anything else is concerned what you have to appreciate is that in the US Blockbuster is an 'at will' employer. (See I do learn a few things from Mr. Ozman ) That means the solution to this will depend largely on whether or not your SM/DM/RDO trust you as an individual. If they have no reason to distrust you and you have no history then you should be OK, but if for ANY reason before this occured they have questioned your honesty then they are legally entitled to fire you without finding proof that you're a thief.

Wouldn't worry too much though. If there's a lot of people who had access to that money and the higher ups have no reason to suspect you over them, then you 'probably' wont be fired over this.