I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > Do You Hate Blockbuster Video?

Unread July 8th, 2006, 06:28 AM

Angry Avoid Blockbuster At All Costs

Well I was with Netflix but cancelled before the trial ended so that I didnt experience the horror stories posted on some of the websites. However, I got pulled in by Blockbusters boast of better service and FREE instore rentals offer just like everyone else here. I can assure you they are no better they are also a bunch of liars and scammers. First of all in about a month I have only received 2 movies although I am on the Unlimited one at a time plan and the turnaround time is crap as was mentioned. Secondly, they are not sending my movies in the order of my Queue and some movies that they advertise on the website are either not available or they have to go elsewhere to get them. So whats the point of even having the Queue or the service? As for the free coupons well they are not incentive enough to deal with the headaches and besides that I am a member of Blockbusters Rewards which I joined at my local Blockbuster store. I only had to pay a ONE TIME $10 membership fee and I get 2 FREE RENTAL coupons for EACH MONTH for a year anyway. So to Hell with the Blockbuster Online Free rental coupons believe me they are just not worth the headache.

What is worse is that I contacted Customer Service to complain and threatened to Cancel my service and to deter me from doing this they put my account on hold and are not shipping me any more movies they are claiming that they didnt get the DVD that I mailed back to them over a week ago. Which is a damm lie. I have shipped previous movies to them from the same location and they always get it within a few days. I have emailed over 3 different Customer Service Reps none of them were helpful or have any clue. If you prefer to speak to a live person here is the contact number: 1-866-692-2789- customer Service
They are in my opinion full of $#!+. And trust me I plan on cancelling and aint a damm thing they can do about it. There might be no legal entity that will stand up to Blockbuster but they are not above the Laws of this Land! I strongly advise everyone who has been victimized to contact the governmental FTC www.ftc.gov and file a complaint and to do so NOW.

Soo many customers have done this with Cingular Wireless that I heard over the news this weekend that their shady practices have finally caught up with them and they have been investigated and ordered to pay upwards of 12million dollars out because of fraudulent business dealings with Customers. Horray for Justice!!
In the end my strong advice to everyone even if you are considering joining for the free coupons is to just save yourself a lot of headaches and avoid Blockbuster Online altogether.

OH FYI I thought I would post the Corporate office's info and contact info. Pass this on to everyone you know who has been scammed by Blockbuster.

Blockbuster Inc.
1201 Elm St.
Dallas, TX 75270 (Map)
Phone: 214-854-3000
Fax: 214-854-4848

http://www.blockbuster.com
Unread July 8th, 2006, 07:42 AM
IHBB GOD

zzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!! here we go.
Unread July 8th, 2006, 08:03 AM
IHBB GOD

That post didn't make a whole lot of sense. To clarify, the Blockbuster online trial is A MONTH of FREE service, THREE rentals at a time, and ONE RENTAL a WEEK. The Rewards membership grants customers ONE free NON-NEW RELEASE rental per month. Anyway, the title of the OP's post suggests people should avoid Blockbuster, yet he seems to feel the Rewards membership was a good idea.

He must have already done the Blockbuster trial and has downgraded to a 1 at a time program. He either never mailed the ONE rental he gets at a time, or it was "lost in the mail". That would explain why they haven't sent him any more. A simple reporting of the issue to the online department would have granted him benefit of the doubt and his next rental. They would only take a firm stance if the customer had done this before (pattern). As for the order in which he received his DVDs, he must be choosing rentals that are in high demand. Suggestion: put 30+ movies in your que and you'll have plenty to see for your $10.

Get up off your ass and get the fuck down here I got shit over here I'm tryin' to fuckin' sell!
Unread July 8th, 2006, 09:10 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballguru71872
just like everyone else here

You first mistake dude.

It's called RESEARCH.

If you had spent 3 seconds looking around this site, you would know how absurd that statement above is (and I'm not going to explain it to you).

Just like if you had done any RESEARCH on BB Online before signing up, you would have been aware of those concerns.

The funny thing is, you evidently were aware of the issues with Netflix, but not with the issues with BB Online.

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread July 8th, 2006, 12:25 PM
IHBB GOD

Thanks for posting the online number, I'm tired of all the idiot questions people keep calling me about. Yes I do give them the number, but 99% of the questions can be answered online.
The top Poster!
Unread July 8th, 2006, 12:51 PM
IHBB GOD

What if a forum entitled 'I Hate Blockbuster' actually had customers who hate Blockbusterr... I don't see how a site like that would work at all. I mean, customers can really only post once, unless they keep going back to the store and keep getting poor customer service (or so they think...) And then they really don't have a right to complain if they keep going back.

Theory: a site where employees complain about customers lasts indefinitely longer than a site where customers complain about employees.

Conclusion: My theory will be proven correct, tomorrow.
Unread July 8th, 2006, 02:39 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by igniteice
What if a forum entitled 'I Hate Blockbuster' actually had customers who hate Blockbusterr... I don't see how a site like that would work at all. I mean, customers can really only post once, unless they keep going back to the store and keep getting poor customer service (or so they think...) And then they really don't have a right to complain if they keep going back.

Theory: a site where employees complain about customers lasts indefinitely longer than a site where customers complain about employees.

Conclusion: My theory will be proven correct, tomorrow.
Well said,
The top Poster!
Unread July 8th, 2006, 02:54 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by igniteice
And then they really don't have a right to complain if they keep going back.

That's what I've always said.

As the Prez once said: "Fool me once........ fool me...... can't get fooled again"

What he MEANT was: "Screw me over once shame on you. Screw me over twice, shame on me"

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread July 8th, 2006, 04:25 PM
IHBB GOD

I agree with every word Drac said. The OP is HAPPY with the service he is getting from his Blockbuster STORE. The only problems are with BBONLINE not filling up his queue enough, and not reporting the disc as missing. He doesnt realise/care/have a clue that these are both problems that HE needs to do something about NOT BB Online.

Rather than taking any responsibility whatsoever, he has decided to come on here posting corperates address/phone number/fax number, customer services number AND a link to the FTC and is 'strongly advising' people to complain.

What a moran
IHBB QUEEN and Legendary Top Poster
Quote of the week:
Valentines day special: Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm screwing your best mate; the rumours were true....
Unread July 8th, 2006, 07:36 PM
IHBB Freak

I have the Blockbuster movie pass deal 2 at a time unlimited and I keep going in trying to rent 2 new movies and the kid their keeps tellin me that i still have movies out. i don't have movies out, i let the neighbor borrow my movies so i should be able to rent 2 more. so he says the neighbor needs to return them before i can rent! wtf is that? my neighbor hasn't had a chance to watch them yet, so why would he return them? I can't stand the way they treat me like i'm sum kinda idiot, i called their corporate number but no one will call me back, i highly recomend that if you have the same problem to call their coporate offices and complain and call the president Bush and tell him about these unfair pracices and write your congressman! Blockbuster is the worst and i will make sure they go out of bisness!!!!