I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > News

Unread June 12th, 2011, 12:34 AM

Well now the pressures on to get activations. I knew the "no sales pressure" thing wouldn't last long.

Disclaimer: The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's or Dish Network's positions, strategies or opinions, because they are all a bunch of dickless idiots.
Unread June 12th, 2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockbusterLuvsU View Post
Well now the pressures on to get activations. I knew the "no sales pressure" thing wouldn't last long.
Do what I do, activate everyone on it without giving a F if they have a $2.99 movie or not.
Unread June 12th, 2011, 06:49 AM

Since the barcode works everytime, we were told to just activate everyone.
Unread June 12th, 2011, 10:42 AM

Glass is right, you have to activate everyone now. From the guy who hasn't rented for 8 months to the pass people who come in every other day, just scan in all of them. They also want email addresses on every possible customer now.
Unread June 12th, 2011, 10:15 PM
IHBB Freak

Great, I see the new regime is every bit as steadfast as the old in deceptive business practices. Glad to see the apple fell far from the tree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deathbydanny For This Useful Post:
Glass Half Empty (June 13th, 2011), johnlow71 (June 13th, 2011)
Unread June 12th, 2011, 11:10 PM

Mother Theresa could buy this company and Blockbuster would still never shed its good ol' fashion shenanigans.

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itirnitii For This Useful Post:
Darkfall28 (June 13th, 2011), johnlow71 (June 13th, 2011)
Unread June 13th, 2011, 09:49 AM
IHBB Freak

If I was the SM...I wouldn't call that top ten list...especially hearing that it's from when the store first opened. Way to make us sound all pathetic.

"Heyyyy, you're our top 100 renter, I know you haven't been in in awhile but...I miss you, would you come in and pay 99 cents more for a movie you can walk to at your local 7-11 and rent it from me? Pretty please? Oh, and bring another 20$ with you for candy!"
Unread June 13th, 2011, 04:18 PM
IHBB Freak

I can't wait for the SM who calls someone who's been dead for 10 years...

"Oh. Really? Gosh. I'm sorry to hear that. He was such a good...uhm, renter. Pat... was a man, right? (pause) Soooooooo, would you be--" click. dial tone.
Unread June 13th, 2011, 06:10 PM

I filed that list in a special binder I have at my store. Coincidentally, this binder also looks alot like my trash can.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkfall28 For This Useful Post:
Glass Half Empty (June 14th, 2011), muthaflippin (June 13th, 2011)
Unread June 14th, 2011, 12:21 AM

My store is activating it for every customer. If a customer only rents 1 movie .99 cents 1.99 or 2.99 they just get the thing activated for next visit (which makes most sense). Just let them know 1 free rental a day till end of July - and works on any movie besides the ones in the Blue sticker - which is only 6 weeks old. I've been getting a lot of positive feedback, and overall believe its a positive force behind luring customers in for there free rents. If you can win them on giveaways, couple it with good service they might be in for the lock haul. My only "concern" is our marketing switch went on - I saw tv ads; hell I saw a front page yahoo.com ad featuring Blockbuster per night rentals, and free 3 months with Dish signup, but as soon as it came, it went... and nothing else after.... that's where I worry. They either have to commit, or give-up. AKA: Shit, or get off the pot.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us