I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread February 28th, 2012, 01:46 PM

My SM told me we'd be getting more blue carpet movies meaning mory copy depth. I asked how many this was and he said thirty. Now that's a step in the right direction from 15 but I think sixty would be an ideal number of movies. At this point though we've lost more customers to not having new movies so I may just be whistling Dixie here.
Unread February 28th, 2012, 02:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to Baby Firefly
I rented more from the BSI section than the NRW when I worked there. Most new releases sucked. Loved our BSI section.
Unread February 29th, 2012, 08:11 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusAurelias View Post
My SM told me we'd be getting more blue carpet movies meaning mory copy depth. I asked how many this was and he said thirty. Now that's a step in the right direction from 15 but I think sixty would be an ideal number of movies. At this point though we've lost more customers to not having new movies so I may just be whistling Dixie here.
Yeah, because a lot of the stores are closing and they have to ship out their new releases to the ones that are staying open. Smart move and saves money.
Unread February 29th, 2012, 03:07 PM

I was talking about movies we hadnt gotten yet as in bigger local buys. Though what your saying sounds good too...
Unread February 29th, 2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Yeah, because a lot of the stores are closing and they have to ship out their new releases to the ones that are staying open. Smart move and saves money.
To a degree that's correct but...... we destroyed over 1000 new releases (including bluray) via certified field destroy when we started closing procedures at my store. That happens nearly everywhere via POS pulls. We shipped a few new releases to the 2 remaining go forward stores in my city but it wasn't very much at all (and one of those is going down within the next few months btw. I know the landlord and he already has a new tenant who's 100 percent in when that stores' lease is up at the end of summer. He's had enough of BB.). The point being here is that the "help" being given to go forward stores is minimal at best. The copy depth is indicative of that, especially the local buys. Dish is just trying to save money, not invest more into the remaining stores. The TA push at closing stores is INSANE. They want everybody online ASAP. The store I run closes at the end of March. They asked me to run the remaining go forward store that's in the best shape. Said they'd just politely "redistribute" the SM currently there and put me in. I laughed, shook my head, and said "No." She asked me why not. I said, "I've run this store more than a decade. Give me a little credit. I can still see the go forward Box Office communications. I don't gamble when I have no chance to win." I'm out in less than 30 days now. I guarantee I'll be happier for it.
D Money (March 1st, 2012), djblade (March 1st, 2012), easy1234 (March 1st, 2012), Glass Half Empty (March 1st, 2012), inkedangel (March 1st, 2012), johnlow71 (March 1st, 2012), Woodstock (March 2nd, 2012)
Unread March 1st, 2012, 04:52 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBStoreMgr112233 View Post
Straight from the earnings conference call....

Now let's spend a minute updating you all on our Blockbuster segment. For the third straight quarter, the overall business was breakeven. For the third quarter, the overall business came in very close to what we had expected. And we have been very clear from the beginning that we would take action when necessary. As a result, the first quarter, we will close roughly 500 domestic stores for a variety of reasons, such as underperformance, footprint size or lack of landlord flexibility. The vast majority of these stores have flexible termination provisions. Now our goal is to reach a steady-state store count so that we can leverage with our current pay-TV business and our future wireless enterprise similar to the way that we've incorporated Blockbuster at homes by mail and streaming services into our pay-TV business.

Bash away, but stores will still be around at the end of this year and even next year. I personally believe if they are able to get into the wireless like they are planning, stores will become invaluable and they may even attempt to regrow the brand based on that success. Now if the FCC does not approve their waivers and they are unable to get into the wireless business, who knows what may happen. They could possibly just sell the entire Dish company.
I do believe stores will be open at the end of the year it is only logical.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread March 1st, 2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
I do believe stores will be open at the end of the year it is only logical.
But this assumes Dish is logical and you know what happens when we assume...
Unread March 2nd, 2012, 10:35 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
But this assumes Dish is logical and you know what happens when we assume...
Yeo, hot head knows all about it...
The top Poster!
Unread March 2nd, 2012, 02:57 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Yeo, hot head knows all about it...
Zoo you assume I do not

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread March 5th, 2012, 06:52 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Zoo you assume I do not
There we go again....
The top Poster!