I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 2nd, 2010, 08:41 PM

Policy Question

Alright, so this woman came in yesterday. She wanted to check her account so her son could rent a game. Turns out, back in march, her other son rented two games and never returned them, thus there was a $100 balance.

The first son that wanted the game that day comes back later with a cousin. The cousin opens up a new account to avoid renting on the other one, so they essentially don't have to pay the balance.

Is this somehow against policy? They're purposefully avoiding paying off a known debt for unreturned items, and now they never will cause they have a different account. I was just wondering, since it seems like, with all the anal rules this company has, that this might be in there somewhere.
Unread July 2nd, 2010, 08:42 PM
IHBB GOD

Nothing you can do.
Unread July 2nd, 2010, 08:55 PM

It's not against policy. You can't hold one person responsible for someone else's delinquent balance. Update the original account with the current address and phone number and let collections take care of it.

If the balance has been written off already, you might have to restore it to restart the collections process.
Unread July 2nd, 2010, 09:08 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphabalives View Post
Alright, so this woman came in yesterday. She wanted to check her account so her son could rent a game. Turns out, back in march, her other son rented two games and never returned them, thus there was a $100 balance.

The first son that wanted the game that day comes back later with a cousin. The cousin opens up a new account to avoid renting on the other one, so they essentially don't have to pay the balance.

Is this somehow against policy? They're purposefully avoiding paying off a known debt for unreturned items, and now they never will cause they have a different account. I was just wondering, since it seems like, with all the anal rules this company has, that this might be in there somewhere.
A similar situation happened in my franchise store. Being a franchise, some guy tried to rent on his girlfriend's account (she was with him). I told them to fuck off and wouldn't let them rent on the other account though. I also put both accounts on hold (they owed like $30 or something and had like 2 rentals) and warnings all over the place.
Unread July 2nd, 2010, 09:11 PM
IHBB Freak

hopefully u guys did the pre-auth and put a good cc or debit card on the new account
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DavidNewlySL For This Useful Post:
djsdojo (July 3rd, 2010), igniteice (July 4th, 2010), Ninja (July 3rd, 2010)
Unread July 2nd, 2010, 09:42 PM

Me: "Looks like theres a $20 balance on your account."
Them: "Oh, wait, that's the wrong card."
*scans other card*
Same name, address, etc. But no balance.

I haven't seen one of those in a while. Back when I was newer, I'd let them rent, but then warn the account about the balance and put it on hold so someone else would do the dirty work.

Hey, if they really want to ruin their credit over $20, I guess that's their prerogative.
Unread July 3rd, 2010, 12:14 AM
IHBB GOD

blockbuster and games... it's a fucking sob story really.

all 6 copies of nba live 10 for the x360 were rented out upon release... 4 of them came back damaged, other two never came back.

sometimes i feel games should not be available for rent in-store. leave it up to some better organized format that actually checks to see whether a certain customer fucked up a game before allowing a return.
Unread July 3rd, 2010, 03:41 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
blockbuster and games... it's a fucking sob story really.

all 6 copies of nba live 10 for the x360 were rented out upon release... 4 of them came back damaged, other two never came back.

sometimes i feel games should not be available for rent in-store. leave it up to some better organized format that actually checks to see whether a certain customer fucked up a game before allowing a return.
I check all new system games front and back for major visible defects and handle the situation accordingly. I've quite a few games that way. I keep one in my mod cabinet to remind me of my awesome work. I will frame it some day.
Unread July 3rd, 2010, 08:50 PM

At one of the stores I work at, they actually show the customer the disks before they rent them out and comment the account, so that way, if it comes back with the ring, they know exactly which customer caused it and can charge them accordingly.
Unread July 3rd, 2010, 10:04 PM
IHBB GOD

my SM always wanted to do something like that but our DM at the time never liked the idea. apart from that, it would be a huge task and concern to get all CSRs on board with this.