I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 27th, 2011, 02:49 AM

No more candy quotas?

Tonight was my first time back at the old BBV and I came in at closing to help out with the sticker pull.

I was told that we are not pushing candy anymore and were supposed to be focusing more on customer service. My reaction was I told my SM "so I guess its back to basics?".

I wondering what any of you guys know what is happing with sales quotas?
Unread May 27th, 2011, 03:13 AM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Your store is closing.
Unread May 27th, 2011, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsdojo View Post
Tonight was my first time back at the old BBV and I came in at closing to help out with the sticker pull.

I was told that we are not pushing candy anymore and were supposed to be focusing more on customer service. My reaction was I told my SM "so I guess its back to basics?".

I wondering what any of you guys know what is happing with sales quotas?
Your focus is explaining new terms. However, our RDO is the devil, so we have to focus on new terms AND sell 100 bundles.
The Following User Says Thank You to justme83yo For This Useful Post:
Propoxy (May 27th, 2011)
Unread May 27th, 2011, 03:31 AM

I don't know about about sales quotas, but we need to communicate to all customers about the new rental terms. So in regards to customer service, is very important and should be the priority as we get customers used to the new terms.
Unread May 27th, 2011, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
Your store is closing.
Proof please?
Unread May 27th, 2011, 05:24 AM

Off Topic but ..in this week's communication we were told we wouldn't be receiving a new trailer dvd until end of July and to play any "G" rated movie in the dvd player. Excuse me? This coming from a store that's last trailer had not 1 but 2 condom scenes from movies. Anyone remember the trailer from years ago that had Monique talking about all the excuses guys use for not wearing a condom? With these trailers and all the video game violence from the stupid game trailers we have on the ps3 and BBV is concerned that playing a god forbid "PG" movie will what- blow kids' heads off???? Pull your head out of your ass once again, let us use some common sense and play something for the next 2 months that won't make me want to blow my head off. Beacause if you don't I will track down a copy of fucking "Rock-a-doodle" and play it all fucking week!
Unread May 27th, 2011, 08:10 AM
IHBB GOD

we still have goals.
Unread May 27th, 2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
Off Topic but ..in this week's communication we were told we wouldn't be receiving a new trailer dvd until end of July and to play any "G" rated movie in the dvd player. Excuse me? This coming from a store that's last trailer had not 1 but 2 condom scenes from movies. Anyone remember the trailer from years ago that had Monique talking about all the excuses guys use for not wearing a condom? With these trailers and all the video game violence from the stupid game trailers we have on the ps3 and BBV is concerned that playing a god forbid "PG" movie will what- blow kids' heads off???? Pull your head out of your ass once again, let us use some common sense and play something for the next 2 months that won't make me want to blow my head off. Beacause if you don't I will track down a copy of fucking "Rock-a-doodle" and play it all fucking week!
In the Call of Duty Black Ops kiosk, the word "fuck" is heard multiple times throughout the first mission, however were told to still keep it on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chapter11buster For This Useful Post:
Glass Half Empty (May 27th, 2011), Hot Head (May 27th, 2011)
Unread May 27th, 2011, 09:11 AM

Well I went into my store to grab a rental and found out that NO ONE is renting. They are told about the 1 day rental for 2.99 and simply say "no" and walk out.

These rental terms are completely idiotic. I understand the need to reduce the price, but don't reduce the VALUE at the same time.

The question I posed to my DM is this:

"Why would anyone come in here and rent for 2.99 for 1 day when they can go to redbox and get that same movie for a dollar? Except for those titles that we have a 28 day window on."

I got a blank stare and no answer as I expected.

The situation grows worse by the day at my store. We have no store manager now....The Dm is telling the ASM that we were over the top about the water situation and we could have used portable toilets and buckets of water for the toilets.

The following is something I need to vent....

FUCK YOU YOU INCONSIDERATE CUNT!!!! WALK A GODDAMN MILE IN OUR SHOES AND TELL ME WE WERE OVER THE TOP!!! GO PISS IN THE BUSHES OUT BACK BITCH AND TELL ME WE WENT TOO FAR!!! YOU SEND 30 DOLLARS BY CHECK (who the fuck mails a check now a days anyway?) WHEN THEN BILL WAS 176!!! IF I DID NOTHING AND RELIED ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF IT THEN WE WOULD STILL BE SATURATING THE BUSHES!!!! DON'T FUCKING QUESTION OUR LOYALTY WHEN YOU CORPORATE TWATS CANT DO SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS PAY THE FUCKING UTILITY BILL!!!!!!!

End of Venting...

Anyway my point was the rental terms suck and do nothing for the customers when you remove value with price...
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Freemason220 For This Useful Post:
abhorrent scowl (May 28th, 2011), Baby Firefly (May 27th, 2011), Big Dog (May 28th, 2011), Fuzzy (May 27th, 2011), Glass Half Empty (May 27th, 2011), Hot Head (May 27th, 2011), its_me_ASM69 (May 27th, 2011), underemployed (May 27th, 2011)
Unread May 27th, 2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapter11buster View Post
In the Call of Duty Black Ops kiosk, the word "fuck" is heard multiple times throughout the first mission, however were told to still keep it on.
I heard the DM from another area made a game presale trailer for the ps3 kiosk that had lynchings and some guy saying a girl needed to "pull up her skirt and strap one on?" "You son of a dildo????" or something like that. No quality control in that district....but I bet they're playing a "G" rated movie!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (May 27th, 2011), muthaflippin (May 27th, 2011)