I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 31st, 2013, 12:46 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlow71 View Post
truth be told blockbuster kicked ass for at least 2 decades so it worked for me.
When it was owned by Viacom, we had so much fun at work, although they threw away a lot of money running the stores....no wonder they wanted to get rid of it. Remember the kids packs? Several times my manager was instructed to throw away kids packs. But I went and brought home several cases of play dough, and wizard of Oz figures. Gave it all away on Halloween. And once they had a pack that included popcorn and candy bar. Well we ate most of that.
The top Poster!
The Following User Says Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (January 31st, 2013)
Unread January 31st, 2013, 01:13 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
When it was owned by Viacom, we had so much fun at work, although they threw away a lot of money running the stores....no wonder they wanted to get rid of it. Remember the kids packs? Several times my manager was instructed to throw away kids packs. But I went and brought home several cases of play dough, and wizard of Oz figures. Gave it all away on Halloween. And once they had a pack that included popcorn and candy bar. Well we ate most of that.
Remember the kids packs? They copied that off of ME ... ROTFLMAO. They failed miserably with it, I did amazingly well. I am surprised, flattered even that they called them the same thing I did.

Mom feels sooo loved ...

Zooie or anyone if you have any could you take a photo and show me? I would love to see it ...

Last edited by HelloItsMeMOM; January 31st, 2013 at 01:24 PM.
Unread January 31st, 2013, 02:09 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloItsMeMOM View Post
Remember the kids packs? They copied that off of ME ... ROTFLMAO. They failed miserably with it, I did amazingly well. .
They did so poorly because most csr's would forget to give them out......
The top Poster!
HelloItsMeMOM (January 31st, 2013)
Unread January 31st, 2013, 02:38 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
4th in the nation huh? Who told you that? did they? lol...I know why people still rent from brick and mortar, well what the customers who come into the stores have told me, they like to browse, look at the boxes, and a lot of movies are 1.99 and .99, that cost 2-3 dollars to download, and not everyone likes streaming, or the speed of streaming, to each his own there spice, this is why MOm and pops are popping back up again. Netflix has a lot of older titles, and I guarantee soon the studios will want more money and make streaming and box services wait even longer for movies, or charge more, which send people flocking.

I am not defending blockbuster do not take it that way, but I strongly feel if they didnt have such asshats working in corporate, listened to the store managers more often, the stores would have better product and perform better, (of course considering u had an intelligent manager which by a lot I have encountered they shouldnt have been.)

This is why there is so many other services, cause not everyone likes streaming, not everyone likes by mail, not everyone wants to watch a movie on their phone or depend on their internet connections. Not every movie people want is available on streaming, sometimes the old brick and mortar store has the title you wanted.

Ask orbit, he will tell you how if a store is ran correctly, brick and mortar is still highly relevant.

Brick and Mortar is for old folks and the non-savy tech users. Once these people die off or get hip.. the decline will continue. Blu-Ray and Disc media is on the way out. Playstation's Vita... Its only a matter of time before the corporations/movie studios/gaming companies see it is more profitable to stream or sell via digital download. No factory workers to pay, no physical media to make. The profits are much more pure without all that overhead. Disc and physical media is going out. Hate to burst your bubble. However, Vinyl Records are making a come back yay!
The Following User Says Thank You to ClutztomerControl For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (January 31st, 2013)
Unread January 31st, 2013, 04:48 PM
IHBB GOD

I love the bass sound of records, much better than CDs.

My mom won an iPad. Yep, won one. Amazing ... Anyway, she is now addicted to Netflix .... and she has more movies than most people could think of, having formerly owned several video stores. Digital is simply easier.
zooworker (February 1st, 2013)
Unread February 1st, 2013, 02:32 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloItsMeMOM View Post
I love the bass sound of records, much better than CDs.

My mom won an iPad. Yep, won one. Amazing ... Anyway, she is now addicted to Netflix .... and she has more movies than most people could think of, having formerly owned several video stores. Digital is simply easier.
That's why I have 6 12 inch woofers speakers with midrange and Beryllium dome tweeters my big room and have an old Phillips turntable, not to mention an old 10 band EQ and a device that makes LP's great.
The top Poster!
HelloItsMeMOM (February 2nd, 2013)
Unread February 1st, 2013, 05:59 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
That's why I have 6 12 inch woofers speakers with midrange and Beryllium dome tweeters my big room and have an old Phillips turntable, not to mention an old 10 band EQ and a device that makes LP's great.
You can fit all that in your parents basement??! Damn...they must be so proud.
Unread February 2nd, 2013, 10:18 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutztomerControl View Post
Brick and Mortar is for old folks and the non-savy tech users. Once these people die off or get hip.. the decline will continue. Blu-Ray and Disc media is on the way out. Playstation's Vita... Its only a matter of time before the corporations/movie studios/gaming companies see it is more profitable to stream or sell via digital download. No factory workers to pay, no physical media to make. The profits are much more pure without all that overhead. Disc and physical media is going out. Hate to burst your bubble. However, Vinyl Records are making a come back yay!
LOL and they said there would be flying cars in 2001 and our space station would be so advance and go to planets like Mars (human).....everyone would be using solar panels >_> Blurays and dvd's are not going anywhere fast same just like the Vinyl Records
Unread February 2nd, 2013, 01:30 PM
IHBB GOD

I was warned back in the early 1990s by my distributor to have an exit plan for my store because of an On Demand service that was just around the corner that would render rentals useless.

They were just off ... a lot .. LOL
djblade (February 3rd, 2013), inkedangel (February 2nd, 2013)
Unread February 2nd, 2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
LOL and they said there would be flying cars in 2001 and our space station would be so advance and go to planets like Mars (human).....everyone would be using solar panels >_> Blurays and dvd's are not going anywhere fast same just like the Vinyl Records
BluRays and DVD's might not be going anywhere for a while, but I don't think the same can be said for the Blockbuster stores...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpiceCake For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (February 2nd, 2013), inkedangel (February 2nd, 2013), johnlow71 (February 2nd, 2013)