I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Archive

Unread December 22nd, 2007, 06:23 AM
IHBB GOD

You also could have tried that Restart Locked Station trick discussed in another thread.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread December 22nd, 2007, 07:48 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHailstorm View Post
As usual, the company continue to underestimate just how stupid the average customer can be.
Truer words have never been spoken.

My problem is since we have put the retail on the wall with the rentals (granted on the "BUY IT" shelves) people have been bringing up the retail copies thinking they are rentals. Nevermind the $19.99 price on it. So we ring them up and they're like "Um... why is it so much?" and then we tell them because they bought the film and they're all "No! I wanted to rent it." Well, did you miss the PRICE sticker on it, you fucking moron!?

Yeah. Needless to say our retail credits are high. Thanks dumb customers!

- Felicity
Unread December 22nd, 2007, 11:03 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantheman View Post
Now, back before all these POS updates, I could still technically take a check on NM accounts. I'd do that to avoid having to void everything and just leave a comment with the customers account number proving that they are in fact a member. But alas, the new POS blocks Checks all together on the NM account. So I get to void $150 worth of shit. It wasn't the credits I was worried about; I just hate having to type in "credit, 4, my number, password" a thousand times.
I usually do what Woodstock suggested. Alternately, you could have voided only $50 worth of the stuff to re-ring on the member account, since she was going to pay the other $100 in cash anyway.
Unread December 22nd, 2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Heaven View Post
Truer words have never been spoken.

My problem is since we have put the retail on the wall with the rentals (granted on the "BUY IT" shelves) people have been bringing up the retail copies thinking they are rentals. Nevermind the $19.99 price on it. So we ring them up and they're like "Um... why is it so much?" and then we tell them because they bought the film and they're all "No! I wanted to rent it." Well, did you miss the PRICE sticker on it, you fucking moron!?

Yeah. Needless to say our retail credits are high. Thanks dumb customers!
This is why whenever anyone bring up the retail copies I always talk very slow and ask "you wanted to buy this, right?"
Unread December 22nd, 2007, 02:26 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestar_kevin View Post
This is why whenever anyone bring up the retail copies I always talk very slow and ask "you wanted to buy this, right?"
That's the way to do it to avoud credits.
The top Poster!
Unread December 25th, 2007, 05:11 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
That's the way to do it to avoud credits.
Yeah, I've tried that too. Sadly it doesn't always work.

And yay, 3,000th post!

- Felicity
Unread December 25th, 2007, 10:01 PM

Merry Christmas everybody!

So I had to close tonight. It started off being boring and slightly depressing. Just the typical faux-nice people saying something along the lines of how horrible it is that we're open and we have to be working on Christmas before thrusting their movies at me. So after hours of this it's around 8pm ish. Which as a closer is one of my favorite times because everything seems to go a lot faster and smoother after 8pm. But nooo not tonight.
A lady comes in with her son whose around the age of 8-9. I'm checking her out and she has one online envelope in her hand and two of the disc in the sleeves. I see this and get the "oh snap" feeling. She chucks the onlines and two movies at me and automatically starts ranting about how she hasn't been getting her movies through the online and is considering switching to netflix. I ask for her card and start to apologize for the online and ask her if she would like the customer service number. She responds with a no because she called and was put on hold for 50 minutes and how they have horrible customer service. I apologize again and return to trying to check her out by asking if she was just going to be paying for the second movie because unfortunately she has only one envelope for me to scan to give her a free movie.
At first, she seemed upset and just venting, nothing too much worse then the average frustrated online customer but this question flipped her bitch switch. She's like WHAT?! So I explain once again how we need the outside envelopes to scan them into our system and yada yada and she informs me that I'm wrong because she's been coming in for the past year and all she's ever needed was the sleeves. I try to explain that she must be mistaken because that's not possible, we never just take the inner sleeves. She tells me that maybe not at night but the guys working during the day always have. At this point I know she's full of shit because we have two male employees, our store manager and our four star CSR, neither one of which would ever do that.
So I'm still being apologetic and trying to explain that I can only give her one free one. We go back and forth a couple times with her saying simple that "No. You're giving me both movies and I'm not paying." And me trying to explain how I can't. And her dropping the f bomb and asking to speak with the manager which bam turned out to be me. So finally she says something along the lines of WHATEVER just get one of my coupons off the internet. So I point to one of our laptops and tell her that I need her to log in. She sighs loudly and starts to go on again about how bad our customer service was, and I just say "...I don't know your password?" She goes over to the lap top in a huff slamming her purse on the counter and then the entire time she's logging in she's mumbling about how I'm the only person to ever refuse her and how horrible the customer service is, and how she's going to cancel and go to netflix if this keeps happening. I once again tell her I'm sorry and she says "No. No you're not." At this point I'm ready to just blow up and be like you're fucking right cuntrag. But alas I'm the calm, polite employee. Get her coupon, give her the second movie free. Bam over and done with she's going to get the hell outta my store. But nooo....
Then she decided she wants me to write her a letter. A fucking letter. Saying that she did indeed return both movies in one envelope and to sign it. I write a note on her receipt, sign and print my name on there and say ado to that bitch.
So, she's gone. I turn to my CSR and the only thing that came to mind was, "Did that just really happen?" She's like, "Yeah... how insane was she?" And during the last part my CSR had been checking out a different group of customers who piped in with a, "What a bitch?! Nice Christmas spirit."
I was just stunned. After a night of fairly predictable lame-ness I was caught off guard. And it was a lot of crap to take in so this tale can't quite capture the amount of bitch she was shoveling out and the amount of "WHAT THE FUCK?!" going on inside me.
Unread December 26th, 2007, 01:33 AM
IHBB GOD

I would have said "Look, you're not getting the other one for free. If you are not going to pay for it, leave now, you've been rude enough as it is." I hate seeing/hearing employees bending fully over to reserve the proverbial cock up the arse.
Unread December 26th, 2007, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness. View Post
And her dropping the f bomb and asking to speak with the manager which bam turned out to be me.
Yeah, one F-Bomb and they're gone, especially in front of kids.

I always love it when a customer that I don't feel like dealing with starts cursing, because it gives me the moral high ground to tell them to GTFO of my store. ^_^
Unread December 26th, 2007, 06:08 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness. View Post
So I point to one of our laptops
Putting aside the question of how you even got more than one, why would you need more than one?
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.