I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > News

Unread August 11th, 2007, 10:52 AM
IHBB GOD

Numbers 1, 3, and 6 on that list are definitely advantages over U.S. stores. Number 2 doesn't seem like it would affect much, but it's still something that makes you ask, "Wtf?" (Probably there to prevent an employee from renting a lone BSI title over and over.)

Number 4 doesn't seem like a problem since most people usually work every other day anyway... but uh... it's still silly to change the rental periods. Well, I guess we changed our rental periods too at my franchise store... our 7 days were 5 days. And we got 7 rentals (up from 5 at corporate stores).

Number 5 is probably the worst on the list, but I guess if you don't have many copies, it's just something that has to be done.

At US stores, there is a 28 day (or maybe it's 24 days -- well, it's the wednesday after the third tuesday of release) waiting period to rent titles.
Unread August 11th, 2007, 01:24 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by igniteice View Post
Number 2 doesn't seem like it would affect much, but it's still something that makes you ask, "Wtf?" (Probably there to prevent an employee from renting a lone BSI title over and over.)
Yup, it's to stop us constantly re-renting titles to keep them effectively as long as we want, and preventing customers from renting something by having it booked out for an extended period of time.

Quote:
Number 4 doesn't seem like a problem since most people usually work every other day anyway... but uh... it's still silly to change the rental periods. Well, I guess we changed our rental periods too at my franchise store... our 7 days were 5 days. And we got 7 rentals (up from 5 at corporate stores).
It hasn't caused too much hassle, as only a few months ago, those titles were 2-nights to the customers as well. But they've recently introduced a new offer where the majority of titles in store are 7-night rentals. But as this section is very popular, we only get them for 2-nights. We still get BSI for 7-nights.

Quote:
Number 5 is probably the worst on the list, but I guess if you don't have many copies, it's just something that has to be done.
Well, yeah, a lot of staff were pretty pissed off about this. Apparently 14% of rentals were by staff. We bitched about it in this thread. Incidentally, they told us this was in part due to some big promotional push they were having on the section, but I've not heard anything in the month since the ban came into operation.

Quote:
At US stores, there is a 28 day (or maybe it's 24 days -- well, it's the wednesday after the third tuesday of release) waiting period to rent titles.
That sucks arse, I wouldn't like that, but I guess with EOLF, almost everything must be constantly out for that time.
Unread August 11th, 2007, 01:55 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via ICQ to Jason
Would have loved to see this promotion on box-sets! what a waste of 200k this weekend was.