I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 7th, 2006, 12:36 PM

Online Sales Peaked?

I was wondering if any of ya'll get the feeling that we have hit the peak of online sales? We had some pretty good weeks in June and towards the end of August but lately it seems like I am trying to sell it to the same people?

Does anybody feel like online sales are starting to slow?

Thanks,

Go Eagles!
Unread September 7th, 2006, 01:57 PM

yeppers, now the heads want to see activations!
Unread September 7th, 2006, 02:04 PM

It is a simple concept...we are running out of people to hand them to. I have about 4500 actives. I've collected 3800 email addresses. I was handing out 400+ per week. Last week I did around 130. We've reached a saturation point and it isn't going to get better until corporate does some advertising to get fresh bodies into the store.
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. -Richard Dawkins from The God Delusion

SPAY AND / OR NEUTER YOUR ANIMALS: Please watch this...
Clicky
Unread September 7th, 2006, 02:41 PM

....return online rentals to the store for free rentals... on top of your weekly free rentals...

*cough* test market *cough*

Last edited by Attachable; September 7th, 2006 at 08:00 PM.
Unread September 7th, 2006, 03:36 PM
IHBB GOD

I can't remember the last time I gave one away. Or tried to. Or tried to sell anything else for that matter.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread September 7th, 2006, 07:58 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
I can't remember the last time I gave one away. Or tried to. Or tried to sell anything else for that matter.
I like your strategy. I sell maybe 2 or 3 Rewards a week - seeing as how I only sell it to people who will buy it (I've become very good at sensing whether or not I can convince someone that it really is a benefit.)
Unread September 7th, 2006, 08:49 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attachable View Post
....return online rentals to the store for free rentals... on top of your weekly free rentals...

*cough* test market *cough*
haha, yup, i have heard that. that should be interesting huh?

and yeah, i am done with online. I have 1800 actives. we have given away something in the neighboorhood of 1400. 206 just last week. I am waiting for my tires to be slashed when i get out of work one night from an angry customer that is pissed off because we keep offering them the online.

we are getting to the point, were, if we have asked them, repeatedly. explained the program to them a million times, and they still don't want it....just scan the fucker out. the same thing for the people that don't have internet acess or computers. because the way i see it, ultimatly those people are going to be the only ones left at the end. and i refuse to get yelled at ANYMORE because i can't give away something that is free. right or wrong? at this point.......no one can tell me.

should we just scan them without the email address? are we supposed to be concerned about the activation rate? are we going to soon get a Netflix customer list and go door to door next?

done.
Unread September 7th, 2006, 09:48 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar94pga View Post
are we going to soon get a Netflix customer list and go door to door next?
Hah! Nice ;-)

So you sign up every new member in the store with an online package?

Man - we don't even tell every member about things like Rewards and Movie Pass!
Unread September 7th, 2006, 09:55 PM
IHBB GOD

But what about the intelligence of giving out online packs to Movie Pass customers??

Now, take someone who IS spending $28 a month, give them a free month, then charge $20 a month, and still give them 4 free movies.

Let's ask people to stop spending money they are already spending. Sounds like a smart business concept to me

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread September 7th, 2006, 10:05 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
But what about the intelligence of giving out online packs to Movie Pass customers??

Now, take someone who IS spending $28 a month, give them a free month, then charge $20 a month, and still give them 4 free movies.

Let's ask people to stop spending money they are already spending. Sounds like a smart business concept to me
Oz, that doesn't even take into account things like extra pop/candy they might buy - I know it's infrequent, but movie pass customers occasionally pick up something extra on top of their movies. Can't do that online!