I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread October 6th, 2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaroca View Post
most stores have the blue carpet movies on the back of the stores, this forces people to walk between the aisle that has prp tables, games, and bsi.
It also is a way to sell the BSI end caps to studios since people will walk past each of those end caps, it doesnt matter if you looking for the newest movie or newest game, you will walk past those end caps making them top restate for studios.
Unread October 6th, 2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShooter87 View Post
Wasnt BBV profitable 15 years ago though? maybe this is a good sign DISH is trying to turn things around/go back to what works....or maybe someone spiked my drink
So you think re-arranging merchandise in a store from one section to another is going to make it profitable?

It won't make one lick of difference.

Blockbuster needs something to actually draw customers into the stores-- and they need something HUGE which brings customers to the stores in droves to replace all those they lost. Re-arranging a store around is obviously not going to do that. You need to give people a reason to come to Blockbuster to begin with. And what reason does Blockbuster give people to come to your store?

Going to the movie store is considered a hassle, more than anything else. So I would need a damn good reason to come to the store. There is just not any reason why anyone has to visit a store. Those days are simply over.
Unread October 7th, 2011, 10:01 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVTyrant View Post
So you think re-arranging merchandise in a store from one section to another is going to make it profitable?

It won't make one lick of difference.

Blockbuster needs something to actually draw customers into the stores-- and they need something HUGE which brings customers to the stores in droves to replace all those they lost. Re-arranging a store around is obviously not going to do that. You need to give people a reason to come to Blockbuster to begin with. And what reason does Blockbuster give people to come to your store?

Going to the movie store is considered a hassle, more than anything else. So I would need a damn good reason to come to the store. There is just not any reason why anyone has to visit a store. Those days are simply over.
You do make a point but if you hear people say "change" It will get you wondering what happen and sooner or later you will find yourself at the blockbuster. Plus, people exaggerated on change a lot too :P

Last edited by djblade; October 7th, 2011 at 10:58 AM.
Unread October 7th, 2011, 10:14 AM
IHBB GOD

I will on find myself at blockbuster with some rags and a can of gasoline.
The Following User Says Thank You to yodavsjason For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (October 8th, 2011)
Unread October 7th, 2011, 02:12 PM

We just completed our reset yesterday. All in all it doesn't look bad but was a serious pain in the ass to complete. We still have a few things to fine tune but the customers really like it. Haven't heard anything bad yet and they love the kids section the way it is now. We have had out 2.99 rentals grouped for awhile as we were a test store so the hard part for us was moving those bays to a different section of the store. From what I was told today the stores with the wood shelving in our district aren't getting the reset done. Only stores with the wire racks. Candy is much easier to navigate and make is very open up front verses our cattle herding racks we had before. Time will tell if there is any real impact.
Unread October 7th, 2011, 03:17 PM

I like the look of the new resets and I'm kinda looking forward to the end result. The only issue I have with it is the mess that is left to clean up. All of the fixtures, parts and crap left in the back room is going to take time to put away....I think I'll just put it all in the dumpster when everyone leaves.
Unread October 7th, 2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedangel View Post
We just completed our reset yesterday. All in all it doesn't look bad but was a serious pain in the ass to complete. We still have a few things to fine tune but the customers really like it. Haven't heard anything bad yet and they love the kids section the way it is now. We have had out 2.99 rentals grouped for awhile as we were a test store so the hard part for us was moving those bays to a different section of the store. From what I was told today the stores with the wood shelving in our district aren't getting the reset done. Only stores with the wire racks. Candy is much easier to navigate and make is very open up front verses our cattle herding racks we had before. Time will tell if there is any real impact.
How much sense does it make to only reset certain stores? I heard some stores in my district aren't getting done until after Christmas.
Unread October 8th, 2011, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
How much sense does it make to only reset certain stores? I heard some stores in my district aren't getting done until after Christmas.
The idea was to do every store before the end of October, however they realized it was going to be very hard to get them all done, so the decision was made to do higher volume stores first (at least in my area) and the rest after the holidays. Does moving fixtures around and give the store a different look with the same ugly face make a difference? well keep in mind that Dish merchandise will be at the entrace of the store, prp are going away so that in the future only 3 tables will be enough to hold all of our prp product. Finally deals have been done with studios so that we can be more aggressive with new retail dvd's and bray's.
Unread October 8th, 2011, 08:16 AM
IHBB GOD

Well PRP is going to be an issue! They only want what? 3 tables and thats it. What are they thinking on that
Unread October 8th, 2011, 09:47 AM

Prp is going away, to the point where in the near future you will only have 3 tables holding the product. Obviously that is not possible right now because stores have tons of prp, my store was the first one done, and i have 10 prp tables and about 12 feet of browsers filled with more. The idea is that studios will increase the amount of profit from the sale of new retail product in exchange we will reduce out prp selection by doing more cfd's and less rental to prp transfers.