I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 9th, 2010, 02:59 PM
IHBB GOD

I had a manager come in and went into the back (needing my keys) to check the latest pre streets. He gets his movies, I check him out, and he leaves. About four hours later, I realize that he had taken my keys with him!! Epic fail on both of us!

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread April 9th, 2010, 03:01 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
I had a manager come in and went into the back (needing my keys) to check the latest pre streets. He gets his movies, I check him out, and he leaves. About four hours later, I realize that he had taken my keys with him!! Epic fail on both of us!
Had that happen with a DM, luckily it was about shift change time and didn't get my keys back for 2 days.
The top Poster!
Unread April 9th, 2010, 04:12 PM
IHBB Freak

We had a guy who had just become an SL. I can't remember which game it was, but it was right around the time of one of the bigger game releases. Our box with the games comes in, and he totally gaps out about what the release date is and sells 6 or 7 copies pre-street date.
When he finally realized, he looked like he wanted to crawl under a rock and hide.
Unread April 9th, 2010, 05:04 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorrent scowl View Post
We had a guy who had just become an SL. I can't remember which game it was, but it was right around the time of one of the bigger game releases. Our box with the games comes in, and he totally gaps out about what the release date is and sells 6 or 7 copies pre-street date.
When he finally realized, he looked like he wanted to crawl under a rock and hide.
Sounds like lack of communication to me
The top Poster!
Unread April 9th, 2010, 05:27 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Sounds like lack of communication to me
Not really, he knew exactly what the score was. More likely he was just stressing from running a shift by himself for the first time and had one of those moments where your brain locks up and forgets really obvious things.
You know, things like release dates.
Unread April 9th, 2010, 07:25 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Not really, he knew exactly what the score was. More likely he was just stressing from running a shift by himself for the first time and had one of those moments where your brain locks up and forgets really obvious things.
You know, things like release dates.
SMALL BRAIN THEN
The top Poster!
Unread April 9th, 2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
I just spent an hour attempting to unlock the office door, by bashing it, yanking on it, messing with the hinges, to find my keys I locked inside...Only to find them sitting on the game drawers right up front when I gave up and was going to call the SM.

I wanted to cry.
Unread April 10th, 2010, 03:52 AM
IHBB GOD

I once answered the phone, but did not pick up the reciever. I just stood their saying Hello, thank you for calling BBV like a damn idiot, with the phone still ringing.

I WIN.
Unread April 10th, 2010, 04:24 AM
IHBB GOD

we get solicitor calls, those automated ones. whenever i get those i put it on hold and tell my fellow coworker the phones for them. gets em every time.
Unread April 10th, 2010, 05:39 AM
IHBB Freak

At my old store, I had co-workers that would call a 1-800 sex line. They would then tell me the phone call was for me...

Most awkward phone call.

That's the "idiot tax". It's our fee for having to put up with your stupid questions.
And for everything else... there's Mastercard.